Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday June 5th

MAE ALL...

And here we are already into June. Mick posted on the last thread so thought I'd copy it over here for the start of this one.

Re: May29th
    Morning all..how are we today. It's 6 am ..up early and bimblin around..not even had a coffee yet I was absolutely shattered last night, we went for a walk after we had moved the van.just 4 miles. Walked down to the beach and were going to walk into Bridlington itself but the tide was coming in.Its supposed to rain today .hopefully they have got that wrong
    Hiya teegee...How's you today?so you watched Paddington bear and thought of me..in Huddersfield there is a massive fireworks making company, and every so often they test?different fireworks I remember the first time I ever heard it echo through the hills I thought we were under attack!
    Hope you have a great weekend.

Hiya lav how are you doing?hope all is well. Yes we are all settled down now .it's so nice just getting away in the van. I am so glad we bought it now. What with all the airport issues..some place in Cornwall are charging extortionate prices for accommodation. I checked my cabbage and cauliflower plants before I left..even in the greenhouse they have been munched we had our first red cabbage just before we left.

Hiya ppqp hope you're well. How is things in your neck of the woods.

Hiya pauly Sam det and everyone else....

Mick...they must have it wrong because we have got the rain today. Glad you're all settled in.

TG...hope it was fireworks you were hearing but I understand where your mind went. We've had our fair share of gunfire here and now it appears we're into house fires. Apparently there's been a lot of car prowling with someone light detached sheds on fire which quickly spreads to the home. There were 4 of them yesterday, only blocks apart from each other.

Lav...it is definitely a curl up on the couch and watch tv weekend. I am going to head out in a moment to get groceries, will try to beat the rush. Other than that I'm not up to much today.

Shout out to Det, Pauly and Sam. Have a Super Sunday all....:smile:PPQP

Re: Sunday June 5th

Greetings friends,

Bright & sunny but not too hot here, nice
    Still working on projects & getting a lot done.

PQ, thanks for the new thread startup. Hope your wallet didn’t cry too much at the grocery store. Things are expensive these days & I don’t see much relief on the horizon. Maybe the gardeners will share some veggies with you this summer. Gas is >$5/gal here in PA. I’m still buying gas in MD where it hasn’t hit that much yet. No breaks for us, huh?

Mick, I hope your day was good, weather too. It is nice to get away even if it isn’t that far from home. I hope the wildlife leaves your veggies alone while you’re away. The groundhogs around here destroy a garden in a few hours, ugh. Watched some of the queen’s celebration on TV last night, nice party indeed. The Paddington bear & queen having tea video was very cute

Cyn, our next door neighbor’s son just graduated from high school. They had an all day outside party yesterday that ended with fireworks just after dark. Wasn’t expecting that noise!!!
    I hope your weekend is going well for you.

Hellos to Pauly, Det & Sam.

Hope everyone has a nice night!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all,

PPQ, thanks for the thread startup, and for transferring Mick's comments. So sorry to hear about the fires and vandalism... things seem somewhat wobbly/uncertain about life right now. Maybe that's just the way it will be for now...hoping your Sunday has been good, and your start to the week will be good as well.

Lav, oh I can't imagine how furious I would be if groundhogs undid all my gardening work!! I hope that doesn't happen. Can you get the Beagle to be a little forceful with them? Something to get them to stay away? Is your weather pretty good now? Hope so.

Mick, sounds like you are loving van life... good for you for making the changes that you want in your life. I have to say, it sounds pretty great. Good luck on the "munchers" at your garden, hope they don't help themselves too much.

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam and anyone dropping by.

Today was my birthday, but because I was in proximity to people in my family that ended up with Covid, I just stayed in. My brother and sister-in-law dropped by some cake and flowers from their garden, and I got a lot of phone calls, texts, and digital cards. I feel well cared-for, very lucky. Also ended up having a quick but powerful storm that passed through, so that was kind of exciting and freshened everything up.

Off to the car guy early tomorrow for my car oil change and check-over. I'm hoping that all will be well. If I don't end up with Covid, I will try to get to Wisconsin to see/help some friends before I get myself ready to head to the West.

Wishing all a peaceful night/day/whatever time. Take care all!

Comment

Hiya all how are we today then? Hope all is well. It absolutely poured down with rain yesterday, but today has been good. We went for a 9 mile walk to Flamborough Head..the scenery is lovely..saw the seals too.looking at the news..there are thousands of British stranded abroad because of cancelled flights. Over the next 5 days there are something like 15 spare seats from Portugal into the whole of UK...so so glad

Hiya ppqp ta muchly for txing my post over..hope all is well. I'm still watching house of cards. Second series now

Hiya teegee. Yep loving the vanlife..forget the airport queues. How are you doing?hope the car is OK too. And BTW. Happy birthday to you.

Hiya lav yep it is an interesting coast line hopefully I will still have some plants left on return!over here diesel is about 9.5 bucks a gallon. And that's at Costco..everywhere else is dearer...hope you have a great day

Big shout to everyone else
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Screenshot_20220606-190136_Chrome.jpg
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Still nice outside - for now. I hear the heat & humidity will return by Thursday, oh well.
            I proactively got my hair cut today for frizz control, Lol

Cyn, Happy Birthday to you!! Glad your family was there for you.
            My beagle would get her a$$ kicked by these groundhogs, no kidding. My big dog Maxie got bitten by one, bit her right thru her lip/face & she had to spend the night in the hospital getting. IV antibiotics, ugh. I had forgotten about that. YB generally takes care of the groundhogs with his rifle if they attack his garden, haha.

Mick, enjoying your pictures, thanks!
            South FL had so much rain this weekend there was a foot of standing water in Miami & other areas. They cancelled 500+ flights from Miami & Ft Lauderdale. Everything is a mess everywhere it seems.
            I’m not going anywhere.

PQ, hope you week started out well

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mick, what an adorable drawing of the Wueen, P Bear, and the Corgi trailing the (what are they called? The decorations?). I think I heard that there was some huge party fir a gazillion Corgis that were all related to the Queen’s original dogs... amazing! Sorry about your rain, but the 9-mile hike sounded great. ThNk goodness you’re not flying; especially with COVID upticking. Good luck on all -

Lav, glad to hear there is a plan for those Groundhogs. I’m sure they would love some of your garden. Yes, I think Florida is finally reaping the result of all the ridiculous poor management of their soil and water. For years I have been waiting for Miami Beach to sink into the ocean... I wonder if it will change any behavior?

A lovely day here... I was at the car garage early this morning (after spilling my coffee everywhere, oh dear). The garage man took about 20 minutes, and came out saying “I love this little car! I told him I agree. Nothing else needed for now, and only $73 for the oil change. I was used to paying around 200, so this was such a bonus! All good.

I worked at the computer a lot today, catching up hm on work from last week. Now I ‘m having some head and neck pain... hoping it is not the virus coming after me... I guess I won’t be in the clear until the 9th, oh well. But CDC says I can go out (masked) if I have no symptoms. We’ll see...

Pauly, it sounds like you are headed for a brutal heat wave, so sorry... I hope you and the family are okay... hello to Sam and Det and anyone else dropping by. Be safe...

Comment

MAE ALL...

Day started out with our Building Superintendent texting to say he wouldn't be in as his 1 year old is sick and he has to take her to the doctors. Monday is an easy setup for programs so did that myself and then we had a staff planning session for 2hrs. Lots of ideas and I stuck with current community events as I didn't want my name attached to anything new. I know how to play this game. LOL

Lav...we're right there with you and the gas prices and it'll only get worse as summer driving starts. No plans to go anywhere so I'm ok. LOL Believe me the grocery trip was for essentials only. I do splurge once a week and buy meat. LOL The gardeners are always dropping off veggies for me whether I have a plot or not. I think it's there way of saying thank you for all you do. We are planning a dedication event to the founders of the garden in August. And yes, I am included as one.

TG...yes, I think things are going to be a little whacky for awhile. People coming out of this pandemic with a lot of mental anguish. It's like things have been in fast forward mode since January. But we'll get there and things will settle into another routine for everyone. Happy Belated Birthday!! Glad your family was able to celebrate with you in there way. Hope the car checkup passed.

Mick...glad the weather broke for you, loved the pics. I tried searching the thread for the name "house of cards" and couldn't find it so started watching a series called "the wire". It's a bit out there but I do want to see what happens. Think I'll switch to "house of cards" for awhile though. Just saw the tea party with the queen and Paddington bear, your pic makes so much more sense now. LOL Not sure when you guys are heading back but I hope you have great weather for the rest of your trip.

Shout out to Det, Sam & Pauly. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya all hope we are good .warm here today..just been out for a bimble..saw a young red deer.
                  We move on tomorrow..overnight in Nottingham...Robin Hood County. Van is coated on Thursday then home.

Hiya teegee how are you?Good l hope. The flags etc is called Bunting..hope you are feeling better today.. you take care and look after yourself

Hiya lav how are you doing ? I didn't realise the groundhogs were so big or dangerous. I have decided I am going to plant up a Hawthorn hedge in the back garden to attract some of the smaller Birds like goldfinches etc but it will need to be well managed otherwise it will just go mad. Yes I have the same problem with the hair on my head going frizzy it looks stupid on its own haha take care and have a good day

Hiya ppqp and how are you today then? Hope all is well. We get back home on Thursday night and that's us till the end of the month. Yes the sketch with Paddington Bear and the queen was fantastic for me it's embraced the whole ethos she put miles in she did the years for the country and she should have reaped the reward not the William and Harry fighting who isn't talking to who gang but the Queen herself. I will have a look for that series called The Wire. Fuel prices over here are pretty crazy as well full stop you take care and look after yourself

Right folks that's it short and sweet look after yourselves stay safe and sober and a big shout to everyone else Looking In

Comment

Greetings friends,

Clouds & rain moving in but we did have a nice stretch of good weather.
                    Met up with a customer this afternoon to deliver pillows & she’s in the process of ordering more, Lol. The locals keep me pretty busy, can’t complain.

Cyn, I find myself hunched up after looking at a computer screen for too long. I think the trick is to take breaks & stretch it out. Of course age doesn’t have anything to do with it haha. Hope you’re not coming down with anything, we will be attending granddaughter’s ceremony on Thursday in a theater with ?? Other people. I will be masking & am fighting with YB to wear one too. I don’t have much patience with his stubbornness about these things. Yep, there’s way too much concrete in Miami & buildings on the beaches - oh boy. It’s a disaster waiting to happen.

PQ, glad you were paying attention so you didn’t get socked with extra work. It definitely pays to be alert at work, haha.
                    Glad the gardeners have your back by providing fresh veggies

Mick, good that you’re finding your way around & getting some cooperation from Mother Nature.
                    The groundhogs here are absolutely beastly & they grow quite large. They really wreck your garden in almost no time. Bunnies nibble at your plants but the ground hogs tear up your plants, ugh. One of the days they will realize coming up the hill to our garden is a BIG mistake, Lol. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Hello to Pauly, Det &Sam.

Have a nice night all!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

We are under a severe storm watch here at the moment... one storm already passed through, leaving hail in its wake... glad that I can escape to an interior cement stairwell or go down to the lower/level garage. Tornadoes have been deadly here before!!

Bunting! Yes, Mick, thx for that... when we hiked Cornwall years ago, bunting was in every window... I grew to love it and made it for all my windows at home then... PS ... hawthorn ... check out theDante Rossetti poem that mentions the hawthorn hedge in a Vaughn Williams song called Silent Noon... love the song, have never seen a Hawthorn hedge, but love the song...

PPQ - so glad that the gardeners pay “homage” to you! I love that they bring veggies! Wish I were in one place this summer, I would at least grow greens... (Lav, , have you planted your peas?)

Headed to bed now, sounds like the storms have passed... wishing all a good night... 🌙

TG

Comment

Just a quick jump in..hope all is well. Just gone over the Humber Bridge on the way to Nottingham..thought I'd pop in and say hello
                        IMG-20220608-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20220608-WA0009.jpg

Comment

Good evening friends,

Had heavy rain last night & apparently we will be getting more tonight. The day was nice though.
                          Tomorrow we go to granddaughter’s ceremony. Leaving elementary school & heading to middle school in the fall is exciting. I hope she loves all the newness over the next 3 years.

Cyn, sounds like you do have good safe spots to hunker down. These storms really can whip up a mess. Glad yo were safe.
                          We just ate some of our snow peas this week in a stir fry, yum . Had some tender broccoli crowns in there too. Grateful to get the veggies before the groundhogs show up, haha!!

Mick, is that your co-pilot on the dashboard? Lol
                          I hope you enjoy Nottingham. The town right next to us is also Nottingham, how about that?

PQ, hope your day was manageable.

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all,
                            After a stormy night, things were cool and lovely here today. I did several walks during the day (I’m having some anxiety about ??? so a walk is always a quick go-to...), just made my last “rounds” to see our tiny lake and the geese and the swallows streaming through the air catching insects. The water looks like liquid velvet.

Working on projects for the Tahoe orchestra during the day... both computers were daffy, so had to do most on my phone... (was there an update that came out for Windows and screwed everything up? Very frustrating...)
                            Hopefully tomorrow will be easier.
                            Such a pretty evening sunset... hoping all are well - so impressed that you are already enjoying the fruits of your labor, Lav!!

Take care all - sweet dreams-

Comment

MAE ALL...

Meant to post this morning as I missed yesterday but the day just got away from me! Crazy busy right now, the crunch is on to get the fall programming finished and then update the website and submit the newsletter article. I've got Open Stage Night Friday with Food Trucks in the parking lot. Saturday will see me at the community centre early to set up for a Community Wide Garage Sale, which is a first for me. On top of that the garden executive decided we should have a meeting tonight so I am just home from work now and feeling exhausted.

Boss is away tomorrow and Friday so he won't be adding to my plate. He's volunteering at our Casino Sunday & Monday, a chore I put my foot down and said no more a couple of years ago. Best decision I'd made in awhile.

Everyone sounds like they're doing ok and I promise to catch up with you all tomorrow. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X