12th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12th June

hiya all ,how are we today then? all good I hope .Glad to say that both I and the rabbits never got into trouble !!all was safe when madam returned .she went to see her friend ,who has an issue with alcohol,even when Julie got there she had skelped a third of a bottle of wine (11am),and then had a double rum and coke At one stage she was drinking 6 bottles of wine a day.I know her,have offered to help her but as we know help starts within the person.It saddens me .theres a lot more detail which I wont go into but thats the bones of it .
    We are going to a bbq this aft...thasnkfully it isnt raining ..Julies niece flies in from S Korea today ..she works out there ..havent seen her for 3 years

hiya teegee....slow down a wee bit ...how are you doing ?you never seem to stop.!hope you are having a good weekend .

hiya ppqp ...how are you then ?hope all is well..thats a massive plus ...probably one of the biggest you have made sacking drink...Im chuffed for you ..how is the weekend going?did the community stuff go ok yesterday?

hiya lav ..hows you then?hope all is good .yes I put niger seed out too but the finches never see it ...the magpies have got the whole place sewn up for food here.another of my roses in bloom this morning ..take care and have a good weekend .

hiya pauly det pie ..hope all is well

Not saying Kate Bush has put on a few pounds over the years or anything, but her new single is called Getting a Taxi Up That Hill.

The thing I remember most from High School was this one time in English class:

Teacher: 'Now, for homework this week, I want each of you to write an original short story.'

Me: 'Excuse me Miss, are we allowed to use strong language?'

'Well, you're fifth-years now, so I'd say you're old enough to use colourful language in your stories. However, I'll only allow it if it's necessary to the story, and not just swearing for the sake of it. Why, what kind of story were you thinking about writing?'

'Uh, the working title's Mr Tourette and the Ten Mile Tailback.'

Police are looking for two armed men who got away with a fortune from a petrol station.

It's been reported that they got away with two full gallons.

I got caught trying to leave the petrol station without paying for a full tank of fuel . It's my own fault for pushing the mower up there in the first place.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 12th June

Good evening friends,

Sunny afternoon here after heavy rain all night. Nothing needed watering outside, that’s for sure.
    Happy to report we harvested a huge head of cauliflower & 2 zucchinis from the garden today. The groundhog will be pissed off, haha!!

Cyn, I hope you have arrived at your destination safely. Seven hours is a long drive, at least for me. I have a hard time sitting that long. Hope you have a good week.

Mick, sorry about Julie’s friend. Sounds like maybe she needs some professional help to quit - when she’s ready of course.
    Hope the BBQ was good today & the visit with your niece as well.

PQ, I imagine you are taking the entire day off - I hope, LOL

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam. Hope everyone is OK.

Have a nice evening all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

We are under a severe weather warning, expecting a month's rainfall in 3 days. Had a downpour a few minutes ago so the humidity has shot up.

Mick...glad to hear you and the peskies stayed out of trouble. Julie's friend is just going to have to decide for herself, we've all been there. The community garage sale was quiet as far as foot traffic but that's ok, lessons learned for next year. I did manage to get a pile of work done while I was there. Hope the weather was good for your BBW this afternoon.

Lav...I figure we won't have to water until July. LOL Nice that you were able to score the cauliflower & 2 zucchinis, I can just picture the recipe for them. You are correct, I'm taking the entire day off.

TG...hope your trip was safe. Enjoy getting your friends sorted.

Waiting for the next downpour wave, hoping there's a lot of thunder & lightening. Obviously I don't have to go anywhere. LOL Have a peaceful evening all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all,how are we today then? all good I hope..went to the bbq yesterday,weather was ok to start with and then ...yep it rained,so we all trooped in .then Julies dad took a funny turn ...he was ok eventually ..the usual thing .Was supposed to rain today ,but fingers crossed,it hasnt yet .I bought a fitband ...eventually found one that suits me that I can wear ..one of the things it does show you is sleep and sleep pattern..I didnt realise how little I did sleep. going to plant up the begonias in baskets .

hiya pppq,hows you then? sorry g the sale wasnt so successful,but you know for next year,..as you say at least you got some work done too.hope you had a good day off.

hiya Lav hows you then?hows the collie flower?and the zookini..yes its down to Julies friend to decide for herself ,..Ive offered in the past but you take the horse to water ..you cant jam its head in the trough!! so it isnt groundhog day? ....have a good one

hiya teegee you ok?
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Hot & humid, 90 degrees today, yuck. Hoping to get outside before dark to continue on the weeding job which never really ends.

PQ, sorry the sale wasn’t a huge success, sometimes that’s the way they go glad you reserved Sunday for yourself
          I ended up roasting half that huge head of cauliflower along with an equal amount of broccoli for dinner tonight - yum

Mick, sorry you got rained on at the BBQ. It’s so hard to plan outdoor activities between rain & the excessive heat.
          I hope Julie’s dad came around OK. Was he a little dehydrated maybe? I wish I could get a few people I know to consider going AF. You really can’t get them to understand what you know & they don’t unfortunately. I may be hanging out with my daughter & granddaughter tomorrow for a short time while YB goes to his monthly fire co. Meeting, we’ll see.

Hello to cyn, hope you are safe.

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Checked in earlier and it didn't matter what I clicked on nothing registered. So I thought nope, I'll come back later and here I am. The city has declared a state of emergency out of an abundance of caution with all the rain we're expecting. We've had a couple of heavy downpours but nothing steady. Tomorrow is supposed to be the big rain event so we will see what happens.

Mick...typical BBQ weather eh? Hope it didn't put a damper on the evening. LOL Glad Julies' Dad is ok, it is what it is so one day at a time. Another fitband, glad this one works for you. I don't need one of those to tell me how little sleep I get. Did you get your begonias planted?

Lav...I'm glad I reserved Sunday for myself too. Didn't even think about work. I have got to figure out what I'm doing wrong when roasting vegetables. They always seem to come out soggy. Hope you get a visit in with your daughter & granddaughter tomorrow.

Waiting for the next round of rain. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

:yay: It posted!
            Last edited by porqoui; June 13, 2022, 07:51 PM.

Comment

OMG friends,

I just saw a post on Facebook that Pauly’s husband died very suddenly today.
              No cause known yet, autopsy scheduled for tomorrow.
              Let’s send her our collective strength, prayers, whateveR we have. There’s a GoFund Me started to help with funeral expenses.

We never know when our time on this earth is over. Please take good care everyone.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I have just seen the post on facebook...I am so sorry for your loss Pauly xxxxxx

Comment

Oh Pauly -- just saw that on FB -- I am so very very sorry -- all my thoughts are with you lovely lady... xxxx
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hiya everyone just back from Amy's. It is as hot as heck here..they reckon that we are going to have a heatwave.saw this little chap when we were there

20220614_112326.jpg

Big shout to everyone...Pauly massive hugs from us all

Comment

Hello friends,

Have been away from home all day accompanying YB to his meeting & Dr’s appt. My heart has been heavy thinking about Pauly & her family.
                      I hope she knows we are hugging her hard from afar at this time. I so much want to do something to help but the distance is too far. There is a GoFundMe started to help with funeral costs, I have donated.
                      If you think you can contribute a little here’s the link: Fundraiser by Kellie Whittle : Please help my family during this difficult time

Molly, hello to you!

Mick, is that a hedgehog? We don’t have them here just the big, ugly, squishy looking groundhog. One tried torun in front of my car yesterday but changed his mind at the last minute.

Hello to PQ, Cyn,Pauly, Det & Sam.

My heart truly feels heavy, I am sending every ounce of strength I have to Pauly & her family.
                      Have a decent night all.

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL....

Aw Pauly...so sorry to hear about your hubby. What a shock. My prayers are with you.

Lav...thanks for posting the go fund me link, I'll head over there next. Hope you were able to visit with your daughter during your travels.

Mick...I think you got our heat wave and we got your rain. Did it ever pour today! Very strong winds have knocked down several trees with power outages all over the city. Thankfully I am not affected.

Cyn...hope the sorting is going good.

Busy day today but I'm quickly getting to the end of my list. I plan on taking Thur & Fri off no matter what! Hope you all have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya everyone ..how are we today?if Im totally honest I feel pretty sh.t .I feel so sad for Pauly ,and it brings it home that we need to enjoy life whilst we can.its too far ,or I would go see her ,just feel helpless .Went up to Amys yesterday ,she has a lovely house and got big plans for it.Cant fault her and she worked hard for every bean of it ..She is on the bank ,but she is doing 13 hour nights in a hospital trust that is 36 midwives short .plus she did 2 years almost without a break during the pandemic on the covid wards as well...caught it twice ..She loves the nights on the bank ..she is left to get on with it , no managers p.ssed with power to try and interfere.Im sure you can relate to that one Lav!!The hospital she does her shifts in ...36 midwives down ,but there are 5 matrons ,who have forgotten how to roll their sleeves up .

Dont laugh ...Im off to yoga tonight ,!!see if the exercise will ease my back off a bit.give it a try ..if I dont like then I dont go back simples

hiya Molls..lovely to see ya ....as always ..How are things in Glockemorra?all well with you?its a while since Ive pestered yous over there ......take care .

hiya lav,how are you today then?sad times I know ,but hope you are ok.

ppqp..second day here of the heatwave ..you still got rain?Thurs and Fri off ...you go for it ...have a nice day.

hi pauly ,doubt if you are here ,but just to let you know we are thinking of you ...big hugs to you ...

hi teegee hope you are ok...

right folks take care all.

Comment

Greetings friends,

Still in the sunny, hot & humid stage here but rain moves in tomorrow morning. Hope it doesn’t last too long as I’m meeting an old friend at Longwood Gardens at 11 am. This is the mother of the young guy who was ambushed at his job & shot 3 times. He’s home now to continue healing but don’t think he’ll be able to return to work.

PQ, I like the idea of you taking Thursday & Friday off, sounds good to me
                            I actually did not meet with my girls yesterday. My daughter had to do an online inservice program which was mandatory. We will catch up soon I hope.

Mick, trying to wrap my head around Pauly’s situation & grief is hard. The shocking suddenness is what really gets me. I hope her grown kids stay close & make sure she’s OK.
                            Sounds like Amy deserves a medal for her work ethic, good for her!!! I hope she enjoys the new house & makes it her own.

Cyn, hope you are OK.

Hello to the rest of the group & wishing everyone a nice night!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Quieter day today and I left 1/2 hr early as I just didn't want to start anything more. I am going to play bridge tomorrow and have been invited out for supper Friday night. First time I will have been in a restaurant in over 2 years.

Pauly...will start off by saying I've been thinking of you all day. Hope you're doing ok and have lots of support around.

Mick...yes, it would be nice if we were all closer to each other. Especially at time like this. I hope Amy is able to do everything she wants to the house, sounds like she sure deserves it. Rain ended sometime last night but boy is it ever windy out there. I hate the wind, it just wears me out.

Lav...is this the first time you've seen your friend since her son's ordeal? I'm sure she's glad to have him home but what a long road they'll be on. She's going to need lots of support too. Sorry you weren't able to meet up with your girls but since they're so close now I'm soon it won't be long till you can get together.

I hope everyone else is doing ok. Have a peaceful evening all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X