Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 19

MAE ALL...

Sorry for being MIA but I decided to just unplug while on my mini vaca.

Mick...sorry to hear about Jeeves but at least you have an idea of what's going on. I'm sure you will see to it that he's comfortable. Glad to hear they've already been playing in there new tunnel. I remember you talking about Julie's doll house. Have fun.

Lav...we have had hot weather with rain and thunderstorms. I can't believe the humidity we've had, we're sure not used to it here. I can feel for you. I just laughed when you said you did clean up your clippings. Went out for dinner with friends for the first time in 3 years. I really enjoyed it.

Going to get some chores done today since I've been putting them off. Back to work tomorrow but am off again after bridge on Thursday. Although I'm taking Friday off I do have to go in and have my eye lasered. It's a simple procedure to get rid of a film build up after cataract surgery.

Wishing everyone a Super Sunday....:smile:PPQP

Re: June 19

hiya all ...how are we doing today then?hope all is good ..Well I survived the dolls house show ...it was absolutely mobbed ..it was funny ..all the guys with a thoroughly disinterested look getting dragged around ..I tell you though some of the stuff was pretty pricey for what it was ..lovely day out there the rain we had was negligible...The red cabbage I planted up the leaves are hooge .Jeeves is doing good today ,he is lying sprawled outside dreaming ..

hiya ppqp ...glad all is well ..was going to message you then remembered you said you were taking a break from everything .hope you enjoyed the break ....and the scran with your friends .I take it the bridge is going to be regular again?hope all goes well with the eye lasering .

hi lav ..you doing ok?that chicken poop is sure good for your plants ..hows the allergens doing?as you say time doesnt stop..We were supposed to be going out for a meal tomorrow night to celebrate Julies brothers 60th ..Julies niece ,the one who is over from S Korea was at a wedding at the weekend as bridesmaid ..She has just tested +ve for covid. so no meal tomorrow ,and whats more she was scheduled to fly back to SK on Friday..they were all at Julies dads today before going up to her brothers grave ,so Julie her dad and about 10 others need to be tested!!We are supposed to be going to Cornwall on Sunday ..have a good weekend .

hiya teegee ..how are you doing? hope all is well with you ..

hi pauly ,thinking of you x

282005814_5101453469944977_955132360391043684_n.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

We had another perfect weather day today . Sunny but coolish, just what makes me happy!
      Worked up the nerve to try out the new Air Fryer lid for the Instant Pot - made really good sweet potato fries. Crispy & delicious, not greasy & little to clean up afterwards, yay!! Now I have a hwole list of things I want to make in the air fryer, lots of chicken recipes.

PQ, taking a break is a good thing.
      Having a little of my usual summer weather up there? It really is disgusting, don’t you think? I’m enjoying Canadian summer right here in PA, haha!
      Good luck with your eye procedure. Can you drive immediately afterwards? I’m really not familiar with all that.

Mick, there’s nothing better than chicken poop compost for your gardens. See if you can find some from a local farmer.
      Sorry about the covid exposure, it;s going to be with us for a long time I believe. I think my traveling days are pretty much over. I hope everyone is OK.
      Take care of yourselves & your bunnies

Hello to Cyn, hope you are well in the ‘country’ with little to no internet.
      When we moved here 19 years ago this summer there was no cable, no internet, ugh!! We hounded the hell out of the cable cable who was supposed to service this area until they came out & strung the cable. We were using a satellite service for TV & it was really bad were stuck using a dial up modem, LOL. It was ridiculous! Felt like we had just moved 30 years backwards when we landed here.

Hello to Pauly, thinking of you with much love.

Hello to Det & Sam wherever you are.

Have a nice night all.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

And good afternoon all how are we today then question mark hope everyone is doing well. The weather over here today is absolutely glorious at temperature of 30 degrees it is very sunny. Julie tested herself and her dad this morning, both negative thank goodness. Just having a bit of a rest so far this morning I have replanted 12 lavender plants, we did the back garden edged the front lawn cut the grass cleaned at the rabbits and tidied the garage up! So time for a rest.
        Hiya lav how are you? Hope all is well with you. Again like you we had massive problems with the internet and still do it at certain times full stop when we first got Sky karma to get a decent signal there were four boosters put on the cable to bring it up the hill, and even then it was very weather dependant. We then switched to cable, and fibre optics which was a lot better and still is however there are three boosters on the cable. Yes chicken poop is absolutely brilliant for plants, mind you so is rabbit poop. Hope you have a great day

Hiya ppqp how are things with you today?hope all is well. Is work doing OK for you?any update on the programmes coordinator coming back?you have a great day

Hiya teegee, pauly, Sam, det
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Nice day here, I’m sitting on the deck with the hummingbirds darting back & forth to the feeders. They don’t seem to mind my presence & I enjoy theirs
          Used my air fryer again today to make crispy chicken cutlets to slice up on salads - good dinner & low fat too.

Mick, the yard work is never done around here. Makes me tired to even think about it haha! Glad you seem to have things under control.
          I have to say since the cable company came & strung all the cable down my road we have little to no problems with internet or TV. It`’s another monthly bill to pay but frankly I’d go nuts out here without it so I pay .

Pauly, I sincerely hope you are OK & know that we love you & miss you here :hug:

Cyn, hello to you! PQ, hello to you as well!

Hello to Det & Sam, check in guys.

Have a nice night all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Rain basically stayed away but it was fairly overcast. We're getting these huge bubbly clouds forming and it's only when they turn black you get concerned.

Mick...no wonder you're taking a rest! Glad everyone is healthy and covid free. When I was living in the country internet was impossible. Still remember the sound of the dial up connection. ETA on the prog coord is Oct 20th and we haven't heard a word from her.

Lav...do I remember you saying the air fryer was part of another machine? The instapot? I've been looking at air fryers but I really don't have any counter space. My sister always had hummingbird feeders all around her house. It really was a chore when it came to refilling them. LOL

Been reading through the new 65 page Policy & Procedures Staff Handbook. OMG! It's got a few coworkers noses out of joint. Our sick days have been cut from 15 to 9 and they include medical appointments. Our lunch hour is now 1/2 hour and heaven forbid if you look at someone the wrong way. LOL Oh well, it is what it is.

Pauly, still thinking of you and hope you are ok. TG, you must be almost ready to head home. When is the music festival? Waves to Det & Sam. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all...another scorcher of a day here..her majesty is giving me grief ...burnt my head this morning in the garden...the whin bush in the corner is past its sell by ..it has gone all woody ,to the extent that even cutting it really back wouldnt help..so this morning ..out it came .off I toddles to places unknown and gets 2 young hawthorn bushes...they are now in the ground watered and fed ..fingers crossed they work ok..also planted up some teasels ..hopefully Iwill manage to encourage some of the finches back that used to be here .I saw the red deer again last night ...it went into the trees ..I know someone who is really into the animals that are here on the moors ,and he confirmed that they are here.they actually found the antlers off an old stag ,and there have been 3 hinds seen.so we have red ,roe and muntjac here .there are also wild boar on the moors ..aparently a couple of years ago they were brought up from south wales and released,but they are a bit more north from me .

hiya ppqp ..hows you then today? hope all is well on the summer solstice ..staff handbook...sick leave...15 to 9 days? can you still have special sick leave and unpaid ?as for lunch hour and breaks ...this is interesting

3 Minute Breaks – Canada Labour Code, Part III – Division I - 82-1-IPG-1 - Canada.ca

have a nice day ...

hiya lav hows you then ?all good I hope .I spoke too soon re the garden !!we are on chicken salad tonight too..went to my friends farm yesterday ...jeezo ...

horses 4
              goats 6
              dogs 8
              rabbits 14
              lambs 21
              hens 30 ish
              cockerels 4
              pheasant 6
              doves about 20
              quails 40 ish and hatching on
              canaries 6

most of these are rescues !

hiya teegee how are you ?

pauly thinking of you x

Comment

Screenshot_20220621-093359_Facebook.jpg

Comment

MAE ALL...

Beautiful day here for the first day of summer. Our Farm Stand vendors are supposed to set up tomorrow (they should have started in May) and 10 to 1 it rains. Not my worry as someone else is in charge of that event.

Mick...when you said her majesty is giving me grief I thought you were talking about Jeeves. LOL Do we have to send you another hat? Thanks for the link, I've been reading a lot about the labour laws both Federal and Provincial and they're pretty similar with some exceptions. Apparently we've been breaking the labour code ever since I started as I always took an hour lunch break. LOL

Waves to Det, Sam, Pauly, Lav & TG. Time to wind down and relax. Have a peaceful evening all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends,

Well I am driving a Jeep Compass for the next several days while my car is in for body work. It feels so weird to drive someone else’s car, haha but that’s what the rental agency gave me . Lol
                    The cloud shave moved in ahead of the 1.5 to 2” of rain arriving tomorrow. Guess it will be an inside day.

PQ, I’ve never had a lunch ‘hour’ in my life, haha! At the hospital we were lucky if we could find 10 or 15 min to swallow a sandwich whole that we brought from home. Never time for a bathroom break either, ugh those weren’t the days! Hope your vendors don’t get soaked tomorrow!

Mick, I should ship you one if the hats I stitched up for the Ukraine relief project. You really don’t want to keep getting your head burned.
                    I hope your new plantings do well. YB just. Brought out 2 pots of milkweed he started in the greenhouse back in March. The butterflies will love them i’m sure
                    Sounds like your friend has quite a zoo full of animals to look after. Maybe in my next life I’ll do that too, sounds interesting.
                    I think those epic sized people could have shared someof their grub with the poor dog, geez.

Hello to Cyn, hope you are doing well.

Pauly, much love to you.

Hello to Det & Sam.

Have a good night all!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -
                      Home, after a 7-hour drive in the heat and directly into a west wind. But made it fine. The visit/work was very rewarding, and my friends feel like they can breathe again! We’ll be keeping in touch so that I can help with maintenance... I’ll try to load doe pics tomorrow.

Lav, I appreciated you saying that Pauly’s family has a GoFundMe - I found it on Facebook and contributed. Pauly and the family are constantly on my mind... such a shock, such heartache... and also sad to hear about your friend’s son. There is a lot of pain in the world...

Mick, your daughter sounds like a gem... I hope she gets some better life balance, but at least she has her home now. All your garden projects sound wonderful... hugs to the rabbits, and well wishes for you.

PPQ, sounds like things keep hopping for you. Good luck on the eye surgery,,whenever that it. Wishing you good weather.

Pauly, sending special comfort and love...💜

Happy Solstice to all - I can hardly keep my eyes open, so will write more tomorrow 🌹

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then question mark hope all is well l am doing this on my phone for some strange reason I couldn't get on the internet on the computer. So here we go. Again I really sunny day here, temperature at the moment is 28 degrees. Now that might not sound a lot, but to us over here in the frozen North it's like the fires of Hell! Julie is a way swimming, and I have just been to the shops. She loves this retirement lark full stop and yes I have just been to the charity shop and bought another hat, I've got more hats than heads but still managed to lose them!

Hiya ppqp and how are you today then? Hope all is well. Well did you manage to get the garden started ok without the rain at 10 to 1 odds! Hope everything goes well for you. Tomorrow if I am right it is only a half day then the bridge class starts doesn't it?Best of luck with that.. oops I meant Best of skill

Hiya lav how are you today?I did my head that bad burning it, I had to put some sudocreme on it..which is white..ended up going around like a cotton bud.take care and have a good day

Hello everyone else. Hope things are OK with you

Big hello to everyone else watching

Comment

Good evening friends,

The rain has started, we’ll see how much we actually get. I hope the chickens put themselves inside their house, they’re really not too smart haha!
                          Nothing else too exciting going on around here except I found what looks like a new bunny nest in my raised flower bed last evening. All the flowers in the center of the bed are smashed down & a big hole dug in there. I will never be able to keep my beagle out of there, not sure what to do to protect the future newbies.

Cyn, glad you’re home safe from your trip. Nice that the job went well.
                          I have seen Pauly posting memories on FB a few times, I hope she’s OK. Such a hard time I’m sure :hug:

Mick, you won’t lose those hats if you just leave them on your head when you’re outside haha!!
                          Trying to make sure YB keeps his skin covered when he’s outside is a job - melanoma doesn’t care. Glad Julie is making the most of her free time now, that’s what it’s all about!!!

PQ, hope your day was great!

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam.

Take care all,
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...good to see your post and that you're home safe and sound. Sounds like the visit/work was a huge success. Would love to see some pics.

Mick...glad to hear you picked up another hat, saves us the delivery charges. LOL Sounds like retirement life is working for Julie. Yup, half day tomorrow then bridge. If I get 1/2 the cards I got last week I'll be happy. The "girls" want to continue to play over the summer and I'm ok with that except they have to realize that they're going to have to run the club themselves. It was fun using some of my vacation time to be able to play with them but that's not going to continue. Somebody's going to have to step up.

Lav...so did the chicken get themselves into bed? cc.jpg Bunnies in the hole? That will be difficult to control your beagle. Had a good day, got a lot accomplished. We're supposed to get rain starting around 3am, hope it doesn't wake me up.

Shout out to everyone else. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -
                              Another sleepy post from me, sorry! The first day back home is always interesting... lots to catch up on. My godson is traveling x-country and coming through my town tomorrow, so I’ll have a guest tomorrow evening. I don’t get to see him often, so this will be a treat.,,

Mick, good luck with the heat - how do the rabbits fare? Yes please, keep the hat on!!! I hope your garden is happy and producing!

PPQ, so nice that cards are you happy place... I hope that continues! Good luck with all...

Lav, oh dear, sorry about the rabbit hole - good luck with that... are you hiding out inside or can you get a little fresh air? (PS, amazing baked donuts!!! &#128077

Sending comfort and support to you, Pauly...

Greetings to those stopping by.., cheers -
                              Last edited by treegirl; June 22, 2022, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X