July 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 3rd

Mae all..quick start to get us going..weather is lovely here bit blowy,but nothing major. Driving up to heligan this morning, lot of narrow winding roads.
    Is everyone ready for the 4th celebrations tomorrow?doesn't apply to us ppqp!!have a good day all
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: July 3rd

Greetings friends,

Mick, good luck driving on your winding roads. Hope the weather holds up for you. Thanks for the lovely pics too
    We’re having an un-celebration here for July 4. Seems fitting considering all massive BS going on in this country.

Cyn, sounds like your making your way safely. Having a sensor telling me I might have a tire problem would make me crazy, haha. Glad you got it checked out though.so, was the 8 am ice cream as good as usual?

It think we ended up with 2.78” of rain yesterday. We get so much yet the western states get next to nothing. Wish we could share a little.
    I decided to sit this holiday out. My daughter doesn’t want to leave her house when there’s fireworks, her cat goes insane & they have a hard time finding her, haha. My son & his wife are busy studying when they’re not at work, I don’t want to interfere with that. So no plans is the plan

Hello to PQ, how’s the clearing out going?

Sam, thinking about you. Hope you are OK.

Det, hello to you.

Have a decent night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all -
      Thanks for the startup, Lav! I did have ice cream (after a breakfast sandwich) around 11AM. It was delicious, but I forgot that I have a dairy Allergy for some milk products... and sure enough, I got the sniffles and a sore throat a bit later. But it’s all gone now, so hopefully no bad reaction tonight...
      Really tired this evening... the drive itself was 9 hours, and then of course adding gas-up and other stops, made it a long day. Tomorrow will be shorter though, so that’s good.
      I’ll get groceries here in Elko early tomorrow morning... by the time I reach Incline Village (Tahoe) everything will be mobbed, so I’ll get groceries and dinner ahead of time and just hunker down. Hopefully once again this year it will be too dry to light fireworks... last year it was so peaceful!
      Hello to Lav, PPQ, Mick, Sam, Pauly, Det, and anyone else dropping by...
      Let’s all stay safe and happily away from AL this holiday, right? 👍👏🌟

Comment

Morning all. Happy 4th and un 4th to you all .0.710 and I am up showered and having a brew .got here yesterday..some of the roads were the width of the van and that's it..when we got here, Julie then says, there's a route it tells you not to go down...guess the rest.
        Walked into Mevagissey yesterday, only a 3 mile walk each way .today off to the gardens. Tomorrow we are off canoeing on the river Fowey
        Whatever you are doing today have a good day, for those that have suffered, hope today is a little brighter for you.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick congratulations on 10 years! You have been one of my biggest helpers during all my time here which has also been 10 years haha,I'm happy for you and love having you as a friend and mentor Cyn,I love Tahoe,wish it weren't so far from Vegas I feel like I need to lay by some water to escape my head,Sam,hope you're doing OK,waves to PQ and Lav ugh these days are just a blur,seems Bobby only passed 1 day ago instead of 3 weeks today,just a bizarre feeling,I did manage to go to work on Saturday and just went slow during cuts couldn't talk much but at least I was distracted for a bit,anyhoo much love and wishes for a great BF day for us all
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...Happy Birthday Day and congrats on 10 years!! Glad you made it safely to your destination. I think that's funny about the route. Hope the weather holds up for you. Sounds like you're having a great time.

TG...that is a lot of driving and it does make for long days. Safe travels today. I'm sure you'll be glad to finally get to the end of the driving.

Pauly...good to hear that you went into work, distractions help. Looks like you've been getting quite a bit of hot weather. Stay safe.

Lav...good plan on un-celebrating today. We've been getting quite a lot of rain here as well. It's dark and dreary today. Got quite a bit of decluttering done yesterday.

Shout out to Det & Sam.

Quite day at work, boss wasn't in. Have great evening all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Mick, Happy 10th Birthday to you friend :welldone:
              It has been a joy knowing you all these years & I appreciate your caring spirit. Keep enjoying that wonderful trip & pay attention to those narrow roads!!!!

Cyn, I hope you have arrived at your destination safely. You are a much braver person that I am, for sure. :hug:

Pauly, sounds like you’re hanging in there after such a shock. I can just imagine being in a time warp while trying to make sense of it all.
              If going to work is helpful then definitely go when you can. Just know that we are all thinking of you constantly :hug:

PQ, the Amish people have been calling YB all day wanting rides, things hauled, etc. he keeps telling then it’s a national holiday & they say Oh. They don’t celebrate anything but religious holidays, none of them fly a flag at their farms. I think he’s trying to shame them a little but I doubt it will work. Glad you had a quiet day.

Hello to Sam & Det.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Happy 10 years, Mick! Always have enjoyed your posts.

How's everyone doing? hope you enjoy some fireworks. I get a great view when's its clear.
                Still truck hunting, no inventory and dang expensive. oh well, onward and upward

have a fun 4th!
                Sam
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

And good morning all.firstly thank you all for your kind wishes and friendship. This site has some wonderful people. I came here in desperation 10 years ago, and made a promise that if I got help,then I would try my best to help others I hope in some small way I have.
                  Nice and sunny today, this afternoon we are going canoeing on the river Fowey. Neither of us have done it before so should be interesting .did we all have a good 4th/un4th?I hope so.short and sweet but thank you..each and every one of you

Comment

Good evening folks,

Well, it’s raining again but if that means Mick gets clear weather for his adventure then it’s OK
                    Went to Costco & spent a small fortune but we’re stocked up again. The 3 young chickens I’ve been chick-sitting for a week have gone home, life is good.

Sam, maybe you should come up here to look for a truck. We have a big dealer in town who seems to have more on their lot than most places at this time. I guess beggars can’t be choosers right now with shortages in almost everything. Hope you find something soon. We have lots of neighbors who put on fireworks shows so I don’t have to go anywhere to see them . Hope you are feeling well.

Mick, Happy Birthday again to you & I wish you many, many more.
                    You definitely have helped many around here over the years, we thank you. Great pics again today & I imagine you guys are quite tired after all the canoeing & kayaking.

Cyn, hope all is well.

PQ, hope you had a good day.

Pauly, thinking of you.:hug:

Det, stop in & say hi!

Wishing everyone a decent night!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Boy, give someone an inch and they'll take a mile. We don't charge people to play on our tennis courts. All we ask is that you purchase a membership and reserve your court online. So today there was a woman out there, no reservation, with 2 people and she was obviously a tennis instructor. So she got her membership $10.50, reserved a court in the past so she could get the gate code and I bet she's charging $80/person to give lessons. So the gate code will be changed and that means a lot of work for me as I have bookings for the next two weeks. Oh well, all she has to do is book again and get the new code.

Mick...I didn't see a hat on that noggin of yours while you were canoeing. I hope you had a good time and didn't get sunburned. Happy actual birthday and believe me you have helped

Lav...I hope YB didn't cave yesterday after all it was a holiday. LOL No rain here today it actually got quite hot and was sunny all day. Good thing as it was the first field trip of our summer day camps. Were the 3 young chickens your grandkids? Is that why the re-stock?

Sam...good luck with the truck hunting, you kind of need one to do your job.

Shout out to everyone else. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all. How are we then?hope all Is well with y'all. Aching like a good un this morning .off to the Eden project today. Last time I was here they had just built it.very overcast this morning.
                        Thanks to all for their kind wishes..I had a ball.

That's a bit of a liberty about the tennis ppqp . Or is it entrepreneurship..I am sure her little gold mine has now ceased .have a good day

Hiya lav hope all is well. Will get some pic's of the gardens when I am there.

Hiya pauly..how are you today ?stay strong..thinking of you

Big shout to everyone else.

Comment

Good evening friends,

We had another one of those oppressive humid days, yuck. The sky just opened up & dumped over an inch of rain on us, haha. This is like living in the tropics somewhere.
                          Nothing special going on, hit a few stores to restock the pantry & freezer, such excitement.

PQ, that woman has a lot of nerve, geez! I don’t think i would have much problem telling her to pay up since she can’t seem to follow a few simple rules, Lol
                          Nope, none of the other Amish drivers worked on the holiday as well. The Amish guys should know all this by now - it’s the same every year, haha.
                          I was watching those young chicks for my neighbor across the road. She started her own flock a while ago & they live way up on a hill that’s a pain in the a$$ to walk up the driveway so she asked if she could bring them over here. These are 3 lavender Orpingtons - never had any of those before, they’re really cute, light gray color right now.

Mick, thank you for the beautiful pics today. That whole area looks really interesting, a great place to explore. Rest yourself so you have enough energy to finish out the trip!!

Cyn, Pauly, thinking of you both.

Hello to Sam, hope everything is OK with you!

Wishing everyone a nice restful night!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Had a one-on-one with the boss today and explained how frustrating my job has become. We have no set procedures or protocols for event rentals with/without alcohol. Our chef is retiring and the boss has managed to piss off the catering staff to the point where I can't count on them anymore. I get 4 - 5 request a day and when I ask the boss a question about them I get 4 - 5 different responses. We had a good talk and came up with some solutions for my current request and made a good start at procedures moving forward. He has been ignoring/putting off all this as it's not something he's ever done before and apologized.

Mick...interesting pics. I really like the stone (?) statues. Sounds like you had a grand time and I see you have plans to go back next year. I guess it all depends on how you look at it but we've got our eye on her. To think the old boss was charging an extra $100 on top of the membership to use the courts. Of course the courts sat empty all the time.

Lav...we had an oppressive humid day too and that's not what was forecast! The city has been tearing up and repaving a lot of the roads around the city. It is very touch and go if you can actually drive down the street let alone get into our parking lot at the centre. They're going full on with the Calgary Stampede this year (starts Friday) so I have a feeling the 10 day debacle will be worse than ever.

Thinking of everyone else and hoping your well. Have a great evening all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya all how are we doing?hope all is well. Just arrived at the campsite at Looe..it is boiling hot today ..hat is on..I will put some pics up tomorrow. Another set of winding roads but on a breath holding scale not an issue.
                              Well, anyone want a slightly dishevelled, blonde haired narcissist answering to the name of Boris. He is definitely of the same mold as trump. You can see his world popularity by some of the reports from other countries. The trouble is there aren't too many to chuck in his place .we shall see.
                              Hope everyone is doing ok..

Comment

Working...
                              X