July 17th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 17th

hiya all ..from a very hot over here.how are you all? It is 38 degrees here ,going up more tomorrow.Even for me there isnt much happening today..sitting in the hoose with the blinds drawn ..like being in a cave.rabbits are sprawled out in the shade too.

hiya Lav ...can you send some rain? will send some back at a later date ...well done on the craft fair result.My bonce is ok now..no doubt I will bang it again!have a good day.

hiya teegee lovely to "see"you .You have been through the mill physically and mentally ..and to a certain extent still are ..you tried to compensate the mental grief by increasing your physical activity ..unfortunately the body as we get older fights with the brain..happens with us all.just look after yourself ...and yep you are fright ..when you get hacked off with people you just move on ..take care of your good self .

hiya ppqp ..how are you doing?hope all is well ..did you get the lads to clean up for you?Are you back in work tomorrow?

hiya Pauly ..how are you ?

Sam Det hows things?

I hate it when you're on the toilet and you notice there is no toilet paper left.

Then you have to walk with your trousers round your ankles to get another roll.

Anyway, I'm nearly at the corner shop now.

Brits have been advised not to drink alcohol in the current heatwave

... unless it's a work meeting.

Choosing the next prime minister is like deciding which portaloo to use on the third day of a rock festival!

Just burnt my Hawaiian shirt whilst ironing..

Probably should have used aloha setting.

I was driving along when I suddenly disappeared into a portion of sour cream and
    chives...
    I didn't see the dip in the road!

If you see a dog stuck in a hot car this summer make sure to follow these steps:

Step 1 - Take a picture of the dog and the registration

Step 2 - Smash the window and carefully remove the dog

Step 3 - Steal the car
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: July 17th

MAE ALL...

Morning Mick...our heat wave finally broke, we're at a decent 17 today with rain in the forecast. I've been hearing you're going above 40 next week. Way too hot. You stay inside and try to stay out of trouble. The cleaning is ongoing, the more I stay in the more I find that needs doing. Yup, back to work tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if the boss responded to my evaluation. I have another great nephew, he was born just after midnight.

Shout out to the gang. Will pop back later to see how everyone is doing. Have a great day....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends,

Sitting on the deck, temp down to 79 degrees but it’s very sticky with lots of humidity. Thankful I thought to get my hair cut last week, haha!
      Unwinding after all of yesterday’s activity so I haven’t done much today.

Mick, my head hurts just thinking about yours, haha but glad you’re OK. Sorry about the excessive heat, hope it doesn’t last much longer. We always have storm watches going on these super humid days so we’re not surprised when the skies suddenly open up on us. I’ll send some your way for sure!

PQ, now that you’ve got the boys cooking & cleaning teach them how to vacuum too, Lol
      Congrats on the new nephews, the family is growing

Cyn, saw your post & I’m sorry you’re feeling so tired, etc. You have had so much going on the past year +, you could also be dealing with some long Covid symptoms. I keep reading how the medical community needs to step up & recognize this & get a treatment plan going for so many affected. Please keep yourself first in line, everyone else can wait! Glad to hear you are passing the baton on to the new folks, it’s their turn. Take care :hug:

Hello to Pauly, Sam & Det.

Have a decent night all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello dear friends,
        Thanks for the support from all - I am trying to re-train myself and move into “teaching” mode here. I think all will be well, but I think/hope that it will be a relief to be officially done In August. 😉

Mick, I forgot to mention your “noggin attack”... I sure hope any other possible “attackers” stay away, and that this heals soon.

PPQ, sounds lovely that you have 2 new nephews... enjoy!

Lav, I think it is possibly Long COVID. My oxygen never gets above about 92, and I feel like my heart’s working hard even though most often the pulse rate is not excessive. I get out of breath when I bend forward, and that reminds me of when I was sick. Ah well, just something to deal with, like we all have.

I heard today that Mayo Clinic says the BA-5 variant is not susceptible to the previous vaccines - anyone else hear that? And that it is not detected as easily by the at-home tests? Aaargh. I have decided just to mask up in public situations... I feel lucky to have escaped so far...

Sending love and care to all our people -hugs, Pauly, yes it will come in waves - Take care all 💜

Comment

Hello everyone. From a crisp sun fried North West. We have extreme heat warnings all over the television etc, all the blinds in the house are drawn and we are fans on everywhere full stop went out this morning into the garden give it a really good watering, sat outside for a little while but back inside now full stop looking at the news this morning I see 3 people drown jumping into lakes and reservoirs. Ok it may sound like fun and everything else, but actually they are putting the rescue lives in danger as well. I've put the rabbits tunnel and house out for them, but at the moment they are in the garage to Redditch darker and cooler. Glad to report have bumped my head again today, so that's a result. I see there I've been shooting in Illinois a lot to be honest I haven't really seen the details on it. I would suggest it is time for the people to change the gun laws and not wait for the politicians. There may be a clause a new constitution about the right to bear arms, but I'm sure somewhere it must say the right to have safe secure and healthy life as well.
          Hiya lav how are you then?I think the temp here now is 87 degrees.,but will rise as the day goes on. Tomorrow midday is forecast 94 degrees..crazy. have a great day.

Hiya teegee..you may be right..it may be long covid, but you have had a lot to deal with ..well done though on handing over the reins..the same over here..no one hardly masks up now...pandemic?what pandemic. That seems to be the reply...you take care.

Hiya ppqp..hope all is well .I'm staying out of trouble. Tell your boss we have evaluated you...and his job is in jeopardy. Take care have a good un.

Hiya pauly big hugz you doing ok?
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

IMG-20220718-WA0000.jpg

20220718_102440.jpg

20220718_133228.jpg

Comment

Greetings friends,

Under a big storm watch & it’s raining like crazy at the moment. There’s always potential for tornados in these storms so I’m paying attention!!!
              Finished up a special order pillow for a craft fair customer today, she will be picking it up at some point.

Cyn, the medical community is scrambling trying to find best way to treat people with long Covid. This is going to be an ongoing problem, for sure. Just be as kind as you can be to yourself, no over-doing things. An O2 sat of 92% is not great. If it dips below 90 you should head to a hospital, seriously. Take good care :hug:

Mick, I love that bunny tunnel. It looks a lot like the one I had for the grandkids, Lol
              Staying cool is a full time job this summer & just about everywhere too. This storm system will not be bringing our temps down any, that’s sad. It was somewhere between 88 + 90 here today. Mid-high 90’s predicted the rest of the week. Stay cool & stop hurting your head!!!!

PQ, hope your day was fabulous

Pauly, Sam & Det, hello & thinking of you all.

Have a nice night all!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...actually my youngest is constantly vacuuming. LOL The problem with the way they clean they never quite finish the job. I on the other hand won't start if I'm not going to finish. LOL We got rain today and it was only 13C, very nice. But the rain has stopped, the temps are rising and boy is it ever humid out there. It's nice that you get requests from your craft sales. Any Xmas requests yet? It was a busy day, trying to figure out what the boss promised everyone wanting to book long term rentals. He's now got the hall booked from October to the following March so I guess no more event rentals. That's fine by me, less stress.

TG...I'm sure it'll be a relief to be finished in August. Sorry about the health issues, it does sound like long Covid to me too. When my lung collapsed my O2 level had to be at least at 93 or they put the oxygen back on. If it was below I learned to take a couple of deep breaths and it would raise it up. Yes, I heard that about the BA-5 and also immunity from having had Covid doesn't work either. I always wear my mask when I'm out and about. You take it easy and make yourself a priority.

Mick...you're going to have to start wearing a hard hat. The tunnel and your yard looks great. Watching the news from the UK right now, with schools closing because of the heat. They say your houses are build to stay warm, not cool off. You stay well hydrated, hopefully it'll pass soon. I'll tell my boss I've been fully evaluated LOL. Taking Friday's off is not working out too good with the amount of work I face Monday morning. I think I'll switch my days to Wednesdays, it's usually pretty quiet in the middle of the week. I will be playing bridge on Thursday but will be working on Friday, boss has the day off.

Waves to Det, Sam and Pauly. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae dear ones -

Great to hear your news, even if it is full of heat and stress... I am afraid that it is the future for all around the world. My heart longs for England to be England, the Prairie to be Prairie ,,etc. I have to get used to the fact that the past is gone now, in so many ways...

As I drive across the country, I see such changes... but I have to remember that mine is just one tiny lifespan in millennia... I guess I got lucky for most of my life!

Everyone sounds good... but Mick, seriously.., what is the message that the Universe is trying to get you to see? (Kidding, kind of). Loved the bunny tunnels! Fabulous. Good luck, and WATCH OUT overhead.,, 😉

Sending lots of love to all who stop by - Pauly, hugging you -

Cheers all -

Comment

Hello all how are we doing?hope all is well. Last night was the hottest ever recorded in the UK. And that was pretty obvious..I couldn't sleep and was up at 2.30 this morning .today has brought record temperatures 40.2 at the moment and scheduled to rise..hope everyone is okay..take care and stay safe x

Comment

Good evening friends,

Yep it’s still hot & humid, last night’s rain totaled about 1/2” & it didn’t cool off a bit.
                      Staying home for the most part but will be heading out for lunch tomorrow with old friends. Haven’t seen them for a few months so it’s time.

PQ, honestly my 11 yr old grandson does a better job vacuuming than his grandfather, haha. The old man forget the corners, he only cleans the middle of the rooms so why bother?? Lol
                      Taking hump day off sounds like a good plan, why not? I did have a few people Saturday ask about Christmas gifts. But I told them I’m not in regular business anymore so I can’t buy wholesale so easily. Besides people used to drive me nuts, showing up at my house on Christmas eve with requests - nope!!! Done with that!

Cyn, I don’t think we are ever going to see things go back to ‘normal’. Our memories will have to be enough I guess. I’m more concerned about the young ones, what conditions will they have to deal with? So sad. I hope you’re taking it as easy as possible :hug:

Mick, thinking about all of you dealing with the extreme heat. I imagine Julie’s dad must be somewhat shocked & confused with this mess.
                      Stay as cool as possible.

Pauly, Sam & Det - thinking of you!

Have a decent night!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG....I like the way you put England to be England, Prairie to be Prairie unfortunately I think the normal days are gone and a new normal will emerge. I'm just glad I'm not raising a young family right now. I hope you're looking after yourself and soon you'll be home to start your new normal.

Mick...I hope you guys are staying safe and out of the heat as much as possible. They were interviewing people on the tube and I know I sure wouldn't want to be riding one of those. I was complaining about 35 but to be honest it went on for about 3 weeks. Hope your heat wave is over soon. I'm putting a g.PNG on your post, no mention of hitting your noggin today.

Lav...good answer on the Xmas requests, save those for special friends. Hint, hint. LOL I've been trying to get our Xmas Craft Sale organized but keep getting interrupted. Want to get the word out as soon as I can, the success of a good craft fair is the marketing. Nice that you're going to get out with friends for lunch tomorrow. Going anywhere special? They announced today that anyone over 18 in Alberta can get their second booster or 4th covid vaccine. I was not planning on getting it but with the new BA-5 out there I've been rethinking things. Either that or wait to see if they come up with one targeted for the new variant.

We started renting out our commercial kitchen in May and the renter we got is something else, lots of little issues. Yesterday the Health Inspector came by to do our routine inspection but said she had been waiting for our renter to submit his forms so she could do both at the same time. He's been avoiding her and she finally gave up and cancelled his permit. So we didn't let anyone in the kitchen this morning and after a lot of whining to the boss (who shouldn't have let them in in the first place) he let them go ahead. The mother had to call in a lot of friends to help as she didn't get started till noon. 4 friends came with 1 or 2 kids each in tow. OMG, the in and out of the kitchen, the yelling and goofing off in the halls drove me crazy. I finally packed up and said I'm going home before I throttle one of them and my supervisor has to discipline me. That won't be happening again.

Thinking of Sam, Det and Pauly. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello everyone..hope you are doing good. Well the temperature has dropped..40.2 yesterday...today it's down to24..Still hot, but not as bad as yesterday. Didn't sleep at all last night, we shall see what tonight brings.
                          Yesterday I saw this bunch.the reservoir is pretty low, so no doubt the next thing will be a drought .despite all the warnings I saw this. A load of adults with their kids in the reservoir. There's signs all over the place no swimming. And the news is full of instances of people getting into difficulties.
                          Cleaned the roof of the van this morning.

Hiya ppqp how are you then?sounds like you have had enough at work !!!take it steady. Xx

Hiya lav...How's you then?hope all is well. I'm shattered...I cant keep my eyes open

Short post but I am dead beat

Comment

20220719_160440.jpg

20220719_160533.jpg

20220719_160810.jpg

Lav ,look at the colours on this rose its lovely

20220719_181822.jpg

Comment

Greetings friends,

It hit 93 humid degrees today, ugh. Sunday will be 96 degrees they say, double ugh!
                              I did get out to meet my friends for lunch today, we had a greta visit. We always meet up at an Applebees near Longwood Gardens - it’s the half way spot between our homes

PQ, while I was out today, little did I know that YB was working up an embroidery job for me, haha!! The guy who lives directly across the road from us is looking for T shirts for his employees. The town embroidery shop really did a crappy job on his last order - so I hear, haha! I’m happy to do those shirts for him since he’s kind enough to plow out our driveway after a big snowfall & he’s just a good neighbor.
                              I hope you can get your Xmas craft fair going, people seem to really like them. As far as the boosters go I’ve had 2, YB refused the 2nd but i’m still pestering him about that. At this point there should be enough vaccine to cover everyone, Covid is going to be around for a long time I think.

Mick, sorry you’re sweltering over there. Could you even buy a window air conditioner if you wanted one? You can only go so long without sleeping & not be a danger to yourself. Perhaps a small unit for a bedroom window would be worth the cost to buy & operate when it’s this bad outside.
                              Yeah, your water levels are looking kinda low, I’m sure that’s unusual. So far our reservoirs are looking good. Your rose looks great & exactly what my new rose was supposed to look like, Lol. I’ve had 2 buds open & they were both a solid color. Very nice

Cyn, thinking about you!

Pauly, Sam & Det, hello to all of you.

Stay as cool as possible everyone.
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X