Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 24

MAE ALL...

Kicking off the thread as it looks like Mick was able to get out detecting. After a couple of visits to the community centre with wedding issues the evening was a success with no more requests. We're in for a hot one today so am heading out to get supplies early. Will check back in later.
    Have a great day all....:smile:PPQP

Re: July 24

Hiya all how are we doing?just got home...been out metal detecting all day. Found a couple of bits and pieces but nothing to shout about. It was a good day though..it's the first time the 3 of us have been out detecting since my friends wife passed away. A good day out. I tried to get on here earlier but I couldn't. It was really sunny down in Lincoln, and yeit has been hammering down with rain all day here.
    Hope everyone is doing ok ��

Hiya ppqp how are you today?thanks for starting the fred
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hey all,

Guess what? It’s HOT here, haha!!!! 95 today, felt like something >100 with the humidity. Not swell
      Haven’t done much, just can’t cope with the heat out there. Thankful for the AC.

PQ, that’s great news about your Xmas craft event. I know how weird it is to be talking about it in July but it takes the crafters time to get everything made
      I will take your rain/cool weather, whatever you have leftover. Nice you earned some brownie points with the boss this weekend, Lol

Mick, glad you were able to get out with your friends after all this time. We’ve all been cooped up too long.
      Everything is dry here, too dry. I really need to go. Out again & water everything I watered this morning, ugh.

Cyn, Pauly, Sam, Det - thing of all of you.

Have a decent night everyone!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello all - sorry to be away, but the starting up of the Festival is always a heavy-duty time. I escaped from Tahoe duties today and drove 3 hours into California to spend some time with my step-daughter... as I was driving over the Sierra Nevada Pass, fire smoke got thicker and thicker... I was concerned, but eventually drove out of the bad smoke. Now I read that it was a change of wind that brought the smoke into the Sierra foothills and the western part of Lake Tahoe region... looks like things will be better tomorrow, but we all still remember last year and how tough everything was here... hoping for the best.

Good luck to everyone here who is dealing with so many issues!!! Sam, good job doing your “heart-work”, PPQ so glad all seems to be going well at the center, Lav, take care of yourself and those poor chickens, Mick, glad to hear that you’ve been out detecting - hoping the rain helps the heat! Pauly, we are here for you 💜. Det, hoping all is well...

Take care all, and thank you for understanding that I may not be able to be here everyday... I will try, though!
        TG

Comment

morning all
          TG, these wild fires are truly scary. How close is the nearest one to you?
          Mick, good you were bye to get out there and do some 'tecting.
          PQ and Lav, definitely on the warm side here too.
          got to take my daughter to the airport today, hate going up to the city, too much traffic!

be well friends
          Last edited by Samstone; July 25, 2022, 07:49 AM.
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

hiya everyone ,a morning of rain here today,but the temps are hot too.pouring with rain and 23 degrees .The rain has certainly greened the garden up .Im still waiting for the tomatoes to redden yet

hi Sam ..nice to see you mate..yep it was great to get out and about .I hope your airports are functioning better than ours are!!take care .

hiya teegee how are you doing today?hope things are going ok for you ..Dont forget ...we are here for you too.

hiya Lav...do you want some rain sending over ?I can spare a wee drop.Its overcast now but very warm.how do the Amish cope with the heat?do they shed part of their attire ? have they a summer and winter outfit?

hia pauly how are you ? thinking of you

ppqp ..how are thing with you today then ?hope all is well in communitysville.

anyone heard from det?

'...I'll never forget how happy I was when I saw my wife walking down the aisle towards me.

My heart was beating fast and the excitement was unbearable.

It seemed to take an age, but eventually there she was, stood beside me.

I gave her a cheeky wink and said,

"Get that trolley over here love; they?re doing three cases of Bud for the price of two!"

I tried donating blood today .

Never Again!

Too many stupid questions.

"Who's blood is it?"

"Where did you get it from?"

"Why is it in a bucket?"

'...A man walks into a butcher?s shop.

"Can you help me?" he says. "I keep thinking I?m a moth."

"Not really, mate," says the butcher.

"You want the psychiatrist next door."

"I know," says the man, "but your light was on."

Dover tailbacks showing signs of improvement' say drivers joining in Aberdeen.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

This afternoon’s heatwave busting ‘big storm’ was a joke. The ground barely got wet & nothing even registered on my weather station. Of course the sun came right back out too haha!
              I think a cold front coming from somewhere moves in over night, we’ll see what happens. Meanwhile everyone is still hot & miserable.

Cyn, when I heard about the fire out west all I could think of was not again, poor Cyn. Glad you got away from it for a bit.
              Take care of yourself, we’re thinking of you :hug:

Sam, driving in the city after living here for so long is just agony. I hope the trip to the airport wasn’t too bad.

Mick, I guess I better get out & do some more watering since Mother Nature cheated us today.
              I have no idea how the Amish cope in this heat & humidity. Yesterday was Sunday so they were all out dressed in their finest. We drove past at least a dozen buggies, everyone was wearing coats & hats, bonnets, etc. I just could not cope with all that.
              You go ahead & send me whatever rain you don’t want, please

Hello to Pauly & Det, check in guys.

Have a nice night all!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL....

Another nice quiet day at work and I got all caught up on my Xmas Craft Fair. Starting to get people to sign up, just have to vet the home based businesses, they are not allowed at this market. Will do one for them in the Spring.

TG...nice that you were able to sneak off for awhile to visit your step-daughter. Glad the smoke dissipated and we'll keep our fingers crossed too.

Sam...hope the trip to the airport was uneventful. Every time we hit 30C I just think at least it's not -30C.

Mick...glad the 3 of you were able to get out detecting on Sunday, I'm sure your friend really appreciated it. It was a cool overcast 21 degrees today, back to the heat tomorrow. At least the tomatoes will ripen even after you take them off the vine. All is good here.

Lav...that's been quite a stretch of heat for you. At least ours was broken up for a couple of days. Boss is back tomorrow but the accountant is off, works for me. Another short week for me, bridge on Thursday and I have Friday/Monday/Tuesday off. WooHoo

Shout out to Det & Pauly. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello to all - I think there may be a new thread, but I don’t see it, so posting here...
                  Back from my trip... it turns out that the smoke I drove through was from the fire in Yosemite, 250 miles away! That tells you how devastating these fires can be. Things are much better here today - the air quality and visibility is improving.
                  But it’s all about the wind...
                  Take care all - more soon -
                  TG

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Hope everyone is doing well. Another day of rain here, but it has just stopped. I am going down to see my brother tomorrow, I usually get some books for him from the charity shop. When they are reduced even further. I bought a lot of books for 10 pence each which in your money is 15 cents I was just flicking through them before putting them in a box to take down.and a plastic wallet fell out that someone had been using as a bookmark. I opened it up and found 3 dollars.

20220726_130301.jpg

20220726_130341.jpg

It will be a long day tomorrow. Going down to see my brother then travel back then yoga classes at night.

Hiya lav how are you then today? We had a fair downpour of rain this morning, and both my mad rabbits wouldn't come in! If things go the way the usually do, the rain should be on its way to you very very soon. I don't know why but I'm feeling very very tired at the moment. You take care and have a good day

Hiya ppqp how are you today then?hope all is good with you. So the Christmas fair is on point is it? Get it advertised as soon as possible. Sounds like things are doing pretty well for you go for it

Hiya teegee how's you today then?glad the air quality is improving. You wouldn't believe the stupidity of some people having barbecues outside in the grass on the hills in this weather, leaving glass bottles and broken glass around where the sun can magnify it and start a fire karma cigarette butts thrown away, there aren't too many accidents fires over here. Talking about fires, there was a fire in an old delicate cotton mill in Oldham they have just discovered 4 bodies in there all Vietnamese so there is a big investigation into that now here. Take good care of yourself.

Hiya pauly how are you today?are things getting easier for you?and I don't mean that lightly. You take care

Big shout to everyone else

Comment

Good evening friends,

Cooler day, high of 77, go figure!! It will be warming up again but not over 90 at least.

PQ, that extended heatwave has left me feeling like a rag doll, ugh. I had no ‘get up & go’ at all today. Good thing no one was expecting me to actually do anything today, haha!
                      I’m hearing about the flooding in St Louis, terrible & a woman was found dead in a flooded car, poor thing. I guess the foot of rain they got never made it’s way here. Glad your craft event is on order, sounds like fun

Cyn, glad you’re back safely from your trip. I remember the smoke from last year’s forest fires in the west was visible here - that’s a long way.
                      Take care & keep checking in with us.

Mick, what an unusual find in an old book. What are you going to do with your 3 bucks? Don’t go crazy, Lol
                      According to my weather app on my phone it’s raining here now but it really isn’t haha. Not a drop to be seen. Maybe we’re just getting old & that’s why we’re tired, who knows???

Hello to Sam, Pauly & Det. Hope everyone is OK.

Have a nice night everyone!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all...

TG...this is the new thread, started on Sunday, so you're all good. Glad you're home safe and sound and that the air quality is improving. You put your feet up and relax for awhile now.

Mick...woohoo, you're in the money! LOL I'm not surprised you're tired, you've been through some wicked heat and I'm sure it takes a toll on the old body. Safe travels to your brother's tomorrow. Does the yoga class relax you enough to help you sleep?

Lav...glad it cooled down a little for you. I heard you were over 90 yesterday, don't usually see PA weather on my news. We had approximately the same temp here today but it was overcast with a light breeze and felt a little chilly. Too bad as the out of school kids were at a splash park today. The clouds moved off when I left work and man that sun has a lot of heat in it.

A bit busier today as the building super is off on vacation so needed to do some setups for programs. The boss was back today after a weekend of moving. He was pretty sore and tired and the last thing he wanted to do was set up for Tuesdays duplicate bridge. It's a big setup. He jokingly said he's not going to let him do that again. I've had lots of vendor responses for the craft fair so far and have only told the previous vendors. Will work on getting the advertising out tomorrow so that should bring in another influx of vendors.

Shout out to Det, Sam and Pauly. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Just leaving now. On my way down to my brother's. Beat the rush hour traffic on the motorway. Dry roads so hopefully a clear run down .one of my pot roses �� in bloom

20220726_134359.jpg

Have a good day everyone

Comment

Hey all,

Not too awfully hot today, under 90 at least. Next week the heatwave weather returns, #4. I’m am so over this extreme sh*t it’s not funny
                            I have plenty of work waiting for me that will keep me comfortably inside for many weeks, haha!

PQ, I honestly long to feel ‘a little chilly’ Lol. I love the colors of summer but the heat & bugs, yuck.
                            Isn’t it weird how 1 person taking off for a week can mess up the entire organization? I used to cry going back to work after a week off because they saved all my work for me, geez.
                            Good luck finding your vendors.

Mick, that’s a beautiful little rose.
                            I hope your visit with your brother went well today.

Cyn, hope everything is OK with you!

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam. Stop in when you can

Have a nice night all!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Quick post as I'm just home to eat and then back to the centre for a community garden meeting.

Mick...Your rose looks absolutely gorgeous! Nice color. Safe trip down and back, hope all is well with your brother. Maybe the found money belongs to him. LOL

Lav....we are under the heat warning today 90, but spent most of the day indoors working. I'll be hiding out again this weekend as it's supposed to get hotter. It's not right that everything piles up when you take a vacation. The boss has actually mentioned that he wants to work on that so people feel more comfortable taking time off. Will be interesting to see how that goes.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Got to get my act together.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X