25th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25th September

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Hope everyone is doing well. We are just tuning in the televisions on the van, or or we won't know how good the signal is until we have actually been away in the middle of nowhere. I feel a bit better today, although still don't feel great, however I am definitely going for my booster on Tuesday.
    Hiya lav well done to you you, firstly for all the hard work you have put in, and your donation to the Ukraine. The cushions that I saw were really smart. You did well. Best of luck with your booster. I still have lots of tomatoes, but I don't know whether they are going to ripen properly so looks like we will be making tomato chutney.take care and have a nice day

Hiya ppqp hope you are doing ok this weekend. No phone calls from work I hope.

Teegee, don't know where you are, but hopefully you are doing ok

A big hello to everyone else looking in
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 25th September

Here’s me from yesterday...
    “Mae all -
    Mick, sounds like you have worn yourself out even before your trip starts! Or are you traveling? I’m not sure if your plans. And PS / be careful scheduling anything close after the Booster... you might not feel great for a day...
    Thank you for the Fell Pony trekking info! I really feel strongly about this... so I think I will make a plan and save pennies... and maybe add in a trek on my own 2 feet too... We’ll see...

Lav, I think today was your event, right? I hope it was stellar, and the weather was great -
    I’ll be headed to your coast, so please keep the storms down, okay? 😉 At least things look good for this weekend when I am driving...

PPQ, wow it sounds like things are hopping at your work... so glad you can take the weekend off... I hope you will have a well-deserved rest. And maybe even enjoy outside if the weather is good? I feel like these are bonus days...

Pauly, thinking of you —

Hello to all dropping by - May we be well —
    TG“

Comment

Plus... I have made it as far as the far western border of Ohio... so tomorrow I’ll get to my destination in Northwestern Connecticut!
      Greetings to all -

Comment

Greetings friends,

Coming back down to earth after a busy day yesterday haha!
        Went at noon & got my updated Covid booster & a flu shot, both in the same arm by choice. I figure why have two sore arms when you can have just one,Lol
        We had a bit of rain this afternoon, a little thunder too then it moved out & the sun returned. Can’t complain about that. My granddaughter has no school tomorrow so she’s coming for a visit with her mom. They actually haven’t been here since Christmas, crazy!!

Mick, glad you’re starting to feel better. I’m wondering how I’m going to be feeling tomorrow after these two vaccines - we will see
        Thanks, people seemed to really like my pillows & other things yesterday. I even got a few special orders too so it’s all good.
        I’m sure you’ll get that TV in working order. Do you have surround sound in there too??? That would be cool. Can you ripen those tomatoes on a windowsill?

Cyn, wow, you really got some miles in today, good for you!
        Hope you get a good night’s rest to complete your journey :hug:

PQ, here’s hoping you had a lovely & undisturbed weekend.

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam. Check in guys, we would love to hear from you.

Have a nice night all!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mae all...how are we doing today then? hope everyone is doing ok.I noticed before ,someone has posted up that this site used to be a lot busier than it is now.Agreed it used to be ,but I know not why it isnt now ..is it because people dont know of this site,or is the issue of drinking not as big as it was ..?has substance use /abuse taken over in both lifestyle and recreational walks of life ?When I go up town ,the smell of weed is prolific,and yet intervention by the law is minimal,whereas not so many years ago it was a very prohibited and prohibitive activity.Yes thereare still those who imbibe in cheap lager and cider on the street ,so one hasnt taken over from the other .Interestingly enough ,cannabis can be bought and used with lawful permission in extreme medical cases.Now supposing the government legalised cannabis and made themselves the sole proprietors ,think of the revenue it would bring in .Most of the criminality committed in conjunction with cannabis etc is aquisitive.,so with a recognised legal source would that be reduced?Just thought Iwould throw that lot in for a discussion..

hiya Lav ,how are you doing today?hope all is well and you came to no arm after your jabs .I checked this morning to make sure I didnt have covid ,so I will go for jabs tomorrow.Did your visit go well?Yes got the televisions tuned ok ,but we wont know how good until we are away..I am going to try and ripen them with the sun ,and also bananas ,glad that you got some orders for the cushions ..they looked good.

hiya teegee on the banks of the Ohio......hope you are doing ok..you certainly get around .take care of yourself .

hiya ppqp how are you doing ?hope you are doing good .

a big shout to everyone else
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Well it wasn’t a work free weekend with the boss texting me Saturday night because he couldn’t log into the cameras. The event was huge (some type of networking) and they left a total mess. I turned my phone off on Sunday. My weekend cleaners apparently were too tired to clean up the kitchen and one of them showed up this morning. He said he was coming to do the dishes and I told him he was too late, the church ladies cleaned everything up. Oh well, that’s a boss problem.

Mick…glad you’re feeling a bit better and glad to hear you don’t have covid. Cannabis is legal in Canada but with all the government restrictions/rules/taxes people still buy it illegally. There is a 3-year study coming out and the legal suppliers are hoping some of the rules will change. Good luck with your booster shots tomorrow.

Lav…well done on the sale on Saturday and congrats on the donation to Ukraine. We are having a blast of nice weather, hope it last for a little while. I hope you had a great visit with your granddaughter today. I’ve been feely very lazy at work today but did get a few things done.

TG…you do put the miles on don’t you. How long are you going to be gone for? I hear you about these being bonus days.

Hopefully I’ll have more energy to post more tomorrow. Have a good night all….:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends,

Only have a slightly sore arm today after the 2 vaccines I got yesterday, no big deal.
              Had a nice visit with my girls, they seem pretty happy

Mick, glad you are doing better & negative for Covid. Getting these vaccines asap is vital, especially for us oldies
              I didn’t get into my workshop today to work on those pillow orders but I certainly will tomorrow. I am crossing my fingers for all of my friends now living in Florida. Hurricane Ian is getting stronger & will be making a direct hit there tomorrow.

PQ, sorry about your ‘unquiet’ weekend. I guess when there are weekend activities at your place something is bound to pop up. Take another day off later in the week if you can.
              I’m still feeling brain dead from Saturday’s event, believe me haha!!

Cyn, hope you are safe wherever you are :hug:

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam.

Have a good night all!
              Lav
              Last edited by Lavande; September 26, 2022, 05:50 PM.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Hope everyone is doing ok. At the present I am sitting outside waiting for the place to open to get my booster. Weather over here is pretty dry, quite happy with that really don't want any part of hurricane Ian. Rabbits are doing well apart from eating everything in sight! Booked them into the hotel for next week, as we go away and try the van out. Not a lot going on me over here at the moment, I have a tonne of stuff to go to the charity shop, I honestly don't know where it comes from full stop you seem to get rid of one lord and then another pile of junk jumps up up. You know the saying no one man's junk is another man's treasure. Right time to go in and get stabbed up up with a blunt needle ppq p it sounds like you had a really brutal weekend and, hope everything is sorted out now. Right folks take care are, I will nip in later on.

Comment

Good evening friends,

Got my dog into the Vet today because one of her dew claws grew right into her skin again, geez.
                  While I was there I asked for advice on what to do about Luna. She will be going in tomorrow morning for an initial visit & some shots I imagine. She needs to be spayed asap since there seems to be some roaming Tom cat in the area creating unwanted kittens

Mick, I hope your jab(s) went well. I’ve had zero side effects from mine & I’m happy about that.
                  I hear yuo about the junk piling up - how does that happen?? I’ll bet you can’t wait to get out in your new van

PQ, hello & I hope today was good.

Cyn, hope to hear from you & that you’re safe.

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam.

Be well everyone. Have a good night!
                  Lav
                  Last edited by Lavande; September 27, 2022, 05:52 PM.
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Well, the part time guy that the boss was going to train tonight phoned to say his sister is just out of the hospital and he can't leave yet. He should be here next week sometime. So boss asked if I'd work 5-9pm tonight and I said sure because he was planning on working tomorrow night. When I told him the 2 renters that are in tomorrow night both have keys he said oh, he'd come in and work tonight then. This is getting a little ridiculous.

Mick…glad you were able to get your jab today, hope your arm isn’t too sore. So you’re off again next week! That didn’t take long. LOL Where are you going? I hope hurricane Ian isn’t anywhere near you. I thought you just got rid of a lot of “stuff”. Where is it coming from? I don’t think we’ve heard the whole story on this. LOL

Lav…I didn’t know you were doing a vet trip today. Ouch on the dew claw again. Good idea to get Luna in, you don’t need any more litters. It was a hot one out there today 28C. We should hit a record tomorrow as we’re going up to 31C. Yes, I wanted a nice fall bur not another summer! Geeze. Hope the vet trip with Luna tomorrow isn’t too expensive, I’m sure that wasn’t in your budget.

TG…you must be at your destination and I hope you’re relaxing not working. Take care of yourself.

Waves to Det, Sam and Pauly. Have a good night all….:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all..how are we doing? got jabbed up yesterday for the covid ..got the moderna one .Arm is like alump of leadthis morning but thats about it.Ive got my flu one this aft.Getting colder in the mornings now...frosty too.Alarm guy is supposed to be here this morning ...hope so.

hiya ppqp ...how are you today?wow thats a bit of a scenario going on at your work !at least your boss helps too.Yes we are away on Monday ...just for a couple of days to get used to the van.Yep I have aload of stuff for the charity shop.it seems to breed!I have always collected stuff ...aka junk.A house and garage full of come in handys !Atm the hurricane is nowhere near us .

hiya teegee ...are you in Conneticut?hope all is well.

hiya Lav ,hows your dog? hope all is well ...another trip to the vet with Luna today?Ive got to get my 2 booked in for boosters .Yes ,looking forward to getting away in the van ,even though its local.You take care.

hiya pauly ,how are you doing?

right folks have a good day...

120199216_3483756628341269_6056513012759648889_n.jpg

Comment

Mae all,

I am safely ensconced in NW Connecticut! I arrived on Monday night, but as I am staying with a host, so I brought in food, etc. and then fell into bed! I worked with one of my beloved clients yesterday, and then later had long conversations with my “host”... she is suffering emotionally because someone she was seeing for years (she is 82!) has that person has “moved on”... so we had along evening of talking about that.

I am doing okay, but the last day of driving was really hard... torrential rain in the mountain section of Pennsylvania, and then later In New York State... each time I had to pull off onto the side of the road... my (new, excellent) wipers weren’t keeping up with the deluge, and I couldn’t see the road, sheesh. In all these years of driving, that was a first...

So yesterday was a day of trying to get my energy back, comforting my friend, working with my other elderly friend (who is unwell - actually both of them are unwell; one withA-fib, the other with the end of walking pneumonia and heart valve issues... oh dear). I am so glad that I am here to work with them both - they need a leg up. I have yet to connect with my ADHD client - she’s a trip!!!

So, at this moment I am at The White Hart Inn (established 1806) — enjoying an excellent coffee and jam and cheese croissant...

Mick, happy traveling, I hope everything goes well. Lav, congrats on the Sale, and thank you so much for your generous donation to help Ukraine, PPQ, here’s hoping this week is turning out to be quieter...

Hello to everyone dropping by... hoping you are well -
                        The stars at night lately have been incredible - I saw Jupiter at dusk, and awoke in the night to an incredible display - an entire constellation, it seemed... (Mick, I hope you get a show while you are traveling!)

Be safe all -
                        TG

Comment

MAE ALL….

Not sure if we broke the record but it was a hot one today. You’d swear it was the middle of August. Things have quieted down at work except for the accountant. I think she’s losing her mind. Enough said…LOL

Mick…at least the lump of lead isn’t hurting. LOL It is now dark in the morning when I go to work, still sunlight when I come home though. Enjoy the trip with the new van, hope all goes well.

TG…I’m sure your host is glad to have you to talk to. I’ve driven, well pulled over, in rain like that before. It can be very scary. Glad you made it safe and sound. Sounds like you’re going to have your work cut out for you.

Lav...I'm sure you'll be posting soon. I'll check in on you later.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Hoping to get the kid to BBQ something for supper tonight. Have a good evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Last but not least - hello all!!!

Nice day here, cool & sunny. Nothing like what Florida is dealing with today.
                            I did get Luna in to see the Vet & she got a rabies shot BUT she’s apparently way too pregnant for spaying right now so it will have to wait. They estimated her to be about a year old & this will be her 2nd litter, what a shame. Now I’m wishing I had gotten her in there way sooner. We’re thinking of ways to possibly set her up in the chicken house where she’ll be out of the weather if it gets too cold. We will have to install a cat door, one not big enough to let other predators in there. Hmm, we will get it worked out. She’s really a very sweet cat, first one I’ve ever become attached to being a DOG person all of my life Lol

Mick, you survived your jabs I hope, good to get them done.
                            There’s no chance of hurricane Ian bothering you so I hope you really enjoying your next trip in the new van

Cyn, Idid hear about the heavy rain up in the Poconos, sorry you had to travel through that. I don’t care to drive in that stuff either.
                            Sounds like you have your work cut out for you this week, I wish you lots of luck. Take some time to relax yourself too :hug:

PQ, I can’t believe you’re having a heatwave, wow! Today’s high temp was 68 degrees, that’s it!!1
                            I think you should tell the accountant the mind she’s lost is in the parking lot, haha!!

Hello to the others & hope everyone has a nice night!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good afternoon everyone and how are we today? Hope everyone is doing well well. Yes still here the both my arms are aching the flu one not so bad. I went to yoga last night probably not my smartest move, I was up at 4 a.m. this morning I couldn't sleep properly. We are taking the van away on Monday just for 3 days
                              Hiya lav how are things over there with you today?I am very similar to you, cats don't really do anything for me,but I guess they think the same about me..pity about Luna, but she has fallen on her feet with you .hope you have a good day today.

Ppqp..a heat wave?,you need some of our rain .yes it's dark when I get up too.hows things doing at work?it seems most of the chaos happens towards the weekend.

Just saw some pics of the hurricane in Florida. Caused a lot of problems .even a flood Ed fire station .

Big shout to everyone else

Comment

Working...
                              X