16th October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16th October

Hiya all just back from metal detecting..found a big fat zero..well not quite true..a Roman bronze coin and a victorian penny. Weather was ace, sunny all day.both rabbits doing okay, though I do want to discuss an issue about Jeeves with the vet tomorrow. Hope everyone had a good weekend
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 16th October

Good evening friends,

Nice day here but a touch cooler for sure.
    Fed, watered & checked on all the zoo mates here, everyone looks to be in good shape.

Mick, glad you were able to get out & about on a nice day.
    I hope every Jeeves is still OK after all the meds & care given.

PQ, that’s cool the bosses daughter can help out, I guess she needs to learn a little more about the business.
    My daughter told me she is asking her cat crazy friends if they want a kitten or two. Grateful for the help because I’’d rather see them going straight to someone’s home instead of a shelter.

Hello to Cyn, hope your weekend was good.

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam - check in guys!!!!

Have a nice night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...glad you had good weather for your detecting. Hope it's nothing serious with Jeeves. Thanks for kicking off the thread.

Lav...it does seem like you've started a zoo. LOL Glad everyone's doing good. Yes, I think more training is needed but that's the bosses job. Hope your daughter can land some adoptions for you.

It's been a quiet day here and am just cooking up a pot of spaghetti sauce. Hope we all have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello all -

Mick, thanks for kicking off the new thread. (And finding a Roman coin sounds pretty impressive to me!) Like the others, I hope that Jeeves is still doing okay... I'll be anxious for the report tomorrow. And by the way, yes, the picture of the leaning tower of Pisa in the off-kilter frame DID make me crazy!

PPQ, well, so much for a trouble-free weekend! So sorry. But glad that you are making spaghetti sauce... made me hungry for some! Good luck with the coming work week.

Lav, it sounds like such a nice party that you attended! And you were so kind and gracious to bring your autumn gifts to them... so glad you got to hold the newborn... gosh, I am remembering when you did the showers for your kids' children! Good news about Luna and the kittens - like PPQ I hope that they go right into homes... good luck with that. Will they be able to be weaned before placed? I've heard that kittens that are taken away before weaning grow up to be kind of nutty cats... though it sounds like Luna will take care of all that! She is lucky to have arrived at your house...

I thought I was giving myself a day off today, but it turned out that my client with whom I am staying had arranged for a guy to come and put together 2 bookcases, and they were heavy, so I ended up helping a bit with that project, and while he was working my client and I went through her purses and bags... holy cow, there must have been 50 or more... I am happy to say that I got her to put about 1/2 of them in the Consignment bin, and I sorted and placed the remainder in under-the-bed plastics with wheels. (There's no room in her closet for them! So crazy...) but i really do like this person; at 82 she is a Seeker... she keeps sending me John O'Donahue writings and audio pieces...

Here's good wishes for a great week to come for everyone.
        TG

Comment

Hello all hope we are all doing well today. It is very windy over here today day but Sunny. Jeeves is still doing well eating everything in sight, whilst madam just lies in the sun in the conservatory that's Bonnie I'm talking about not Julie! We are away on Thursday to the Motorhome Show looks really interesting especially some of the multi-million pound motorhomes that they have got there. Just watching the cartoons on television, or what is called politics live. Up they have not got a clue how we elected some of these idiots I will never know.

Hiya teegee how are you doing?hope all is well. Yes the leaning tower of Pisa is crazy ��. Have you seen it in real life? It is even worse full stop to turn around the corner and that it is facing you it leans one way, and the building next to it leans the other way. Sounds like you have been pretty busy. As long as you make time for yourself that's the main thing. Take care and have a good day.

Hiya lav.hows things with you today then? Yes Jeeves is doing fine, however I got in touch with the vet this morning full stop bearing in mind he is on medication that makes him eat more, I suggested that he should also be on medication on a permanent basis to make him go to the toilet. She agreed so now he is on two types of medication on a permanent basis. Hopefully you will find a home for the kittens, as you say it is better that they go to a home as opposed to to an unwanted shelter. Glad the zoo is all ok.

Hiya ppqp how are you doing? Good answer it's down to the boss to sort the training out. Glad you had a quiet day. Jeeves is doing good. Hope you have a decent day at work

Hiya everyone else. Hope you are all doing good
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

We had sun then rain, about half an inch. Temps are dropping down to near freezing tonight which worries me a bit about the kittens. Mama Luna seems to only leave the nest long enough to eat & stretch er legs a bit. I just wish she would move them back to one of the warmer spots I’ve provided. Oh well.
            Got a call at lunch time to pick up my grandson, he’s coming down with another virus of some sort. I handed him a mask in the school office & told him I’m not interested in getting sick. The lady working in the office LOL, haha!

PQ, hope today was A-OK for you!

Cyn, 50 purses & bags - oh my you have a hoarder on your hands, crazy! I admit I have some clutter but nothing like that.
            I’m not in a giant rush to move the kittens out. At some point I will be getting Luna in for spaying (so this doesn’t happen again). I’ll see how they do without her for a day. The Vet said to bring her in when the kittens are a few weeks old.

Mick, as long as Jeeves continues to take his meds like a champ there’s no problem, right?
            Better be sure to leave your wallet home when yuo go to that trade show, LOL I can’t even imagine spending that much on a vehicle, no matter how fancy it may be.

Hello to all & wishing a nice night for all.
            It’s back to stitching for me

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL....

Well it was a gorgeous 26C today, bright and sunny. It's supposed to get back to normal temps by Friday and they're calling for snow Saturday. It won't amount to much but the temps will stay at the normal range of below freezing overnight and just barely double digits during the day. Oh well, we knew it had to change sometime.

TG...wow, I agree with Lav, hoarder. I buy 1 purse, el cheapo from Walmart, and after 10 years and it's falling apart I buy another one. LOL

Mick...glad you qualified which madam was lying in the sun in the conservatory. LOL I'm glad you talked to the vet I was wondering about all the eating he was doing. I assume the bunny hotel is well versed in giving meds. When you said you were watching cartoon I knew you were talking politics. Had a very quiet productive day at work today. I would love to see those motor homes, one can always dream.

Lav...I wonder if Luna may relocate as the temps drop, you never know. The Canadian province north of you has had a snow storm for a couple of weeks now. They are definitely in the low trough which is dipping down to you. I'm glad you gave your grandson a mask, I'm still wearing mine every time I'm out and about. Finally got my biologic sorted so will be going back in 2 weeks for the flu shot and the pharmacist recommended the new Covid variant booster over the pneumococcal vaccine at this time. Then I'll have to wait 2 weeks after my next injection to get that. I trust my pharmacist. When's your next Craft Fair?

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello and how are we today then? Hope everyone is doing well full stop it is absolutely glorious here today, both rabbits out sunbathing,and I am in the garden reading .

Hiya ppqp. How are you doing?hope all is well. How are things on the work front?I marked one of the kitchen worktops yesterday..put something on ..what I don't know. But it worked through the stain and varnish and ringed it..it was fixed at about 1 this morning!thanks for the sun but you can keep the snow.

Hiya lav,how are things with you?all good with Luna too?can you not leave something in the area for her to use as bedding?jeeves is taking his medication no problem. The bit that concerned me was the fact he is eating more, but it isn't coming out in proportionality..when I spoke to the vet she agreed so now he is on Cisapride for keeps too..the problem with that is that even though I have a prescription for him for it.no one does it for dispensation to the public..vets only. So I need to discuss that with the vet. I see your pupil was making an apron on her machine.
                How is grandson?

Hi teegee hope all is well.

Big shout to everyone else

Comment

Good evening friends,

Much to my surprise I found Luna up on the deck in the green cat house with 3 of her kittens, no sign of the fourth. I spent two hours searching everywhere & there’s just no sign of the missing kitten so I think a predator probably got her. That’s exactly why I was so worried about them being parked behind the garage, it’s a predator highway back there for raccoons, mink & who knows what else. Sad but there’s nothing more I could have done. I just hope they remain on the deck because I know for damn sure if a raccoon appears there my dog will go berserk & notify us.
                  Working on pillows & things for the next event, keeping busy.

PQ, yes the weather folks just said a cold front from Canada is dropping in tonight, thanks so much haha!!
                  I didn’t hear anything about the grandson so that usually means he’s OK. I did hear my granddaughter woke up with a sore throat & slight temp today so she stayed home. So many kiddy viruses out there, geez. I did get the flu & updated Covid booster together & had zero problems, glad I got it done. Still haven’t talked YB into going, stubborn old fool. Next craft fair is Nov 5 & I’ll be busy until then. December 3 is the final event for the year.

Mick, glad you have the meds sorted out for Jeeves, whatever it takes to keep him happy & healthy.
                  Yeah, I seem to have unintentionally lit a fire under Byrdie’s butt LOL. I think she has a good eye for color & just needs to get more practice on her little machine. Soon I’ll talk her into a bigger machine so she can get as addicted as I am to all things sewing. It’s a great skill to develop, soothes the soul once you learn to relax with your machine

Cyn, I hope you are getting thru your client’s massive collections of things. I need to schedule another Purple Heart pick up & do some more clearing around here. My kids wouldn’t be happy having to clear out all my stuff some day, haha/

Hello to the rest & I hope everyone has a nice night!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Another record setting temp today but the days are numbered. It was a quiet day, the accountant didn't come in. LOL

Mick...I hope you can work something out with the vet so you continue to get the meds you need for Jeeves. When I first moved in here I put a hot pot on the counter and got the dreaded ring. My countertops are linoleum or something so it was quit obvious. Come to think of it, it seems to have disappeared. LOL I can't believe you stayed up till 1am fixing it. Sorry but the sun and the snow are a mixed package so be careful next time you order sun from me.

Lav...I bet you were surprised to see Luna back on the deck. Sorry to hear about #4. So to be clear, the cold front is coming from the Easterners, we Westerners are much more friendly. LOL The childcare director had a sore throat/slight temp for about 2 weeks and then this morning she woke up to it again. I've been keeping my distance from her. I'm assuming the flu/covid booster won't bother me but even if it does I think it's worth it. You should make YB wear a mask around the house, maybe he'll change his mind. LOL Good luck on the 5th, it'll be here before we know it.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -

Quick hello and check in from me... I am concerned about driving in poor weather, so I am working very hard to get each one of my clients in a good space before I take off. My ADHD client is very dear and creative, but she's a handful, and leaves me worn out. I did stop and get some fresh salmon, which I cooked for my client/friend with whom I am staying, so at least we had a good dinner.

Mick, good luck with all the meds, that takes a bit of sorting out, but it sounds like you have got a good plan. PPQ, wow, sun and then snow...stay well and stay safe! Lav, so sorry to hear that #4 is gone - you were sweet to search for the little one. I am glad to hear that Luna has moved the kittens up to the house... hopefully safer there. Good luck with the sewing - don't work too hard! LOL

That's me done for today... wishing all well tomorrow!

Comment

And good morning everyone how are we wee today then ? hope everyone is doing well. Very windy over here today, at least it's dried up. Just been doing some last-minute shopping before we go away tomorrow and sorting at the medication that's got to go down to the Rabbit Hotel with Jeeves tomorrow he seems to be a lot better so definitely he needs to be aware that's what goes in must come out as well ! and surprise surprise I've got toothache unbelievable I know considering the amount of work that's been done but one of the last remaining teeth of my own is giving me grief. Not to worry I will just plaster it in sensitive toothpaste until such times as I can get to the dentist.

Hiya lav sorry to hear about the missing kitten, yes I think you have the right idea if you can manage to keep them all on the veranda. Yes without a doubt you have spurred Trish on with sewing! She is already going around the charity shops and fabric shops looking for things to make alter and refashion! Like you I have had both the booster and the flu jab bit of a pain but nothing to what it could have been if I hadn't of had them my stop you take care and have a great day

Hiya ppqp and how are you today question mark yesterday was a quiet day is that because the accountant wasn't in or is that just coincidental? Hope today is a good one for you

Hiya teegee how are you doing today?hope all is good with you.

Right folks lots of little jobs to do ,so speak later

Take care
                        Last edited by Mick; October 19, 2022, 06:43 AM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Looks like today is the last of our summer weather. Down to 15C with rain in the forecast tomorrow ahead of the snow this weekend. No complaints at work, getting thing done, just about finished my winter programing and had a good one-on-one meeting with the boss.

TG...good to hear from you. Hope you can get everyone squared away so you can head home soon.

Mick...I don't believe it, a toothache? Weren't you just in for a checkup? I'm glad Jeeves is doing good and that the hotel can take care of his meds. Hope you have a great trip and great weather.

Lav...hope your feline family is all ok and accounted for. Man, I am finding it tough with the increase in costs for everything. I'll be glad when my debt repayment and car loan is finished next month. Could use a little more disposable income just to survive.

Sorry for the short post but have to see what I can pull together for supper tonight. Have a good evening all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hey friends,

Unbelievable but a second kitten went missing before dark last night so it must be Luna doing it
                            I don’t know, they all looked fine to me so I just can’t understand or explain. Anyway the remaining 2 & Luna have been inside the heated cat house all day as it’s been cold & windy here today.
                            Went with YB while he had his check in with the dermatologist today & all is well. Doesn’t have to go back for 6 months. Once you have melanoma you really need to keep an eye on things.

PQ, I know you’re the nice one from Canada haha!!!
                            I just always think of my grandmother & her stern warnings to bundle up because there’s a cold front coming from CANADA!! As a little kid you wonder WHY is it so cold there??
                            Hope your day was good.

Cyn, yep, better keep your eye on the extended weather reports. Do you have a date in mind for starting your trip home?
                            Take good care of yourself :hug:

Mick, kitten count = 2 now, don’t know if I should be sad or happy as I don’t have to look for so many future homes for them. I feel terrible about them being outside but Luna is definitely an outside cat so I can’t make her come inside.
                            I’ve been sending Byrdie all kinds of ideas & sewing blogs where she can get more inspiration. It’s definitely a fun & satisfying hobby.
                            Sorry about the tooth sensitivity. I’m dealing with that too right now in that tooth that recently had the filling replaced. It wasn’t bothering me at all before but it sure is now. Ugh!
                            Hope you enjoy your trip & the rabbits have all they need.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Quick hello from me... I had 3 clients today, right in a row, and all are dealing with hardships of one kind or another... I’m sorry for them and do my best to get them in a better place, but tonight I’m tired.
                              One good thing was setting up an early morning meeting with a friend from decades ago who lives nearby... we had a great catch-up...

Mick, good luck with the tooth...
                              PPQ, good luck with the weather...
                              Lav, so sorry about the missing kittens, but maybe Luna knows best... I’m sure they’re grateful for the warm spot on the porch...

May all be well -
                              TG

Comment

Working...
                              X