Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Again - AF Day Two

Hello Everyone,

I have been on this been website since 2007 (off and on) and have written many posts & started a AF threads and made it to one year! And well you know the story that follows, thinking one won't hurt and the rest is a drunken history of UGH and here I am after TEN YEARS! Same story, I decided to pick up a drink and my life went into a periodic drinking binges! Calling out sick at work, sheesh I can't tell you how many times my Mom, Dad, Sister and now my brother has passed away....I am NOT proud of that one at all! Ugh, talk about being riddled with GUILT! And let's just add a cherry to the top of the dysfunctional sundae and bring in a man who constantly lied to me, show really no respect and I allowed it; BUT the worst part of this is we work together. THANK GOD the relationship is OVER!!!!! I decided to take a leave of absence from work because of that situation, which I am already on tight rope with them with my job but my mental and physical state needed to get repaired. Thank god again, I was approved and will return to work on 11/28 and since then I have. spoke to a therapist; thanks to my benefits (I think I have six free sessions). My plan is to continue getting therapy and also seeing my primary physician to get medication for my severe anxiety. I love my job and the pay is amazing! So, I am planning to stay regardless if this person is there or not, we do work closely together so it will be awkward, however it can be done! Lesson learned, it's not a good idea to DATE ANYBODY at your job (not to say there hasn't been success dating stories in the workplace).

Anywho, I think a lot has been written, thank you for reading and my apologies for any typos. As part of my mental recovery, I will be posting daily AF day counts. Today I am 2 days AF!! Post ya tomorrow!

Janet

It's 7:59pm, however the post time reads 3:59am. Does anyone know how to change that?
    Last edited by planetjanet; November 12, 2022, 11:00 PM.
    AF Since May 2nd 2012

Re: Back Again - AF Day Two

Welcome back [MENTION=3339]planetjanet[/MENTION].
    It's a tough embarrassing situation at work - but you'll survive it. Stand up tall and know you are a stronger person for having quit the alcohol.
    WELL DONE :welldone: on picking a return date.

man who constantly lied to me, show really no respect and I allowed it
    That is what alcohol does it erodes your self-confidence until you feel worthless and your opinion counts for nothing. So you allow people like this man to bully and disrespect you.

* Go to your doctor to discuss the anxiety - you deffo don't need that going back to the workplace.
    * Keep up the good work
    * Read here and post daily

YOU CAN DO THIS !!!!

Comment

Welcome back, [MENTION=3339]planetjanet[/MENTION]! I look forward to seeing you over on the daily roll call!
      Last edited by Slo; November 13, 2022, 12:58 PM.
      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Welcome back [MENTION=3339]planetjanet[/MENTION]!
        You know this is the right place to be so stay put & let us know how you are doing on a daily basis. We can’t change anything in our past be we sure can be in complete control of our future with AL.

Wishing you the very best!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Just a quick post say that it's Day AF Day 4! Thank you for your replies and support. I am feeling good, have some bad moments but I am able to pull through. It's important that keep myself busy and keep trying to get the mental health that my medical benefits offer! However, it's been a ridiculous challenge to get a referral for a therapist. But I am still going to be working really hard to get a therapist and get my mental health intact.
          Will be signing back on tomorrow.

Planet Janet
          AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

Hi PJ, welcome back. I cannot tell you how far i have come in my work by getting sober, more money, better position and more confidence in myself. I can tell you so many stories of horrible men i got with drunk and treated me like crap. now i am single and love myself so no need to have any man around. You can do this and your anxiety will lessen over time without al. i was popping xanax and valium (not together) to get through work but now i have a great psychologist and dont put up with anyones crap.

congrats on day 4 and looking forward to those days wracking up.
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good Evening Everyone,

Oh wow, I made a mistake on my day count. The last drink I had was on November 10th, which would make my AF Day 7, sheesh I am so out of sorts. Thank you Available, you kind words and support mean alot. And yes I do recall the days, weeks, months and accomplishing ONE YEAR AF and it felt great! I am very confident that I can do this and sad to say when I met this guy, I wasn't drunk; we work together and one thing I did like about him was that he didn't drink. It's his behavior that drove me NUTS....LOL But then again, I allowed it. Had an okay session with a therapist but I plan to look for another therapist. These sessions (5 free) are covered through my company's benefit's program, so I will utilize them while seeking a therapist I have a connection with. Started training for my next half marathon in January and then it's the LA Marathon in March, so I will have plenty to keep me busy.

Hope everyone is doing well. And can someone please tell me how to change my time to pacific standard time.

Planet Janet
              Last edited by planetjanet; November 17, 2022, 11:28 PM.
              AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

Hello Everyone,

AF Day 10...I decided that it's better that I get on the chat forum. Thanks again for the support and wishing all you AF-er's a very happy holidays!

Planet Janet
                AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

Hi Janet.

You absolute legend! Day 10. Wowza! Double digits. Don't look back.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                  X