27th Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

27th Nov

mae all...how are we doing? hope everyone is good .cool day today ,but dry ,so the thugs are out playing .

hiya Lav,happy birthday to Daisy hope the dinner goes well today for y'all Are you doing your Christmas embroidery orders?

hiya everyone else ..hope you are all doing good.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 27th Nov

Hi Mick & all,

I’m home now! It felt wonderful to walk in the door and be home. I enjoyed my time though with three daughters, two son-in-laws, and two babies. It’s an eye-opener for young daughter to see how pregnancy changes her sisters’ bodies, and how those squalling babies usurp absolutely all of their parents’ time & energy. I don’t think she’ll be wanting to have a baby any time soon!
    My knees continue to ache & hurt with activity. I’m bummed. Maybe someday they’ll heal though…
    So I’m on the couch now with my poor cat who was diagnosed with a urinary tract infection while at the boarding place. Thankfully they caught it! Lots of $$ for emergency vet services though. And I’ll probably have to follow up with the regular vet too.

I bet you’re having a wonderful dinner, Lav! I suppose trying to get the families together for a group dinner this year wasn’t going to work with your son’s work schedule. And this way you can celebrate grandson’s and whoever else’s birthdays closer to the actual date?

PQ, TG; hope all is well.

Tomorrow I babysit Huxley bright & early.
    Last edited by Slo; November 27, 2022, 07:17 PM.
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Totally exhausted after spending two days in the kitchen baking & cooking but it was worth the effort. Everyone went home happy &well fed
      Rained all day now now it’s stopped & getting foggy. I should sleep like a rock tonight, haha. I’m still having a hard time believing my grandson turned 14 today!! I decided I had to straighten myself out when he was born. That involved pulling myself out of a long standing case of anxiety & depression & of course medicating myself with AL I cut way down on the AL consumption but didn’t go completely AF until the following March. It took me that long to get my nervous system under control but I got it done with some herbal assistance & a massive change in thinking. I also had to rebuild my boundaries that I had let crumble over the years.

Mick, I think I got your rain today haha.
      I haven’t gotten any work done the past two days but I will get back to it tomorrow.

Slo, it’s a good thing for younger siblings to watch & learn from the older ones, Lol. I was 16 when my oldest brother & his wife had twins, shocking to say the least!! I wanted no part of that for a good long while haha. Sorry your knees are still bothering you. I imagine the cold & damp weather doesn’t help. I hope your cat is OK, getting meds into a cat can be difficult, easier with a dog.

Cyn, hope you are doing well.

PQ, how was your weekend?

Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night.
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all -

Thanks for the startup, Mick. I went back and read yesterday's posting, good to hear how all went for everyone.

Mick, glad to hear that your nephew has found his "sweet spot" -- that is a really inspiring story! And you got your work done just the way you wanted, wonderful. Impressive that you didn't have rain today - i hope that continues...

Lav, i just checked out that website "Plant-based on a budget". Thanks so much for the reference! I would like to mix in more plant-based recipes... many don't work for me since there are so many legumes I can't have, plus onion and garlic, but I'm sure I'll find a work-around... the Thai soup recipes look great! Are you still alive after all your cooking? That was an awful lot... and I hope everyone had a good time and Thanked You!! (Though if people don't cook, they sometimes don't get it...

PPQ - here's hoping you are okay - I saw the weather maps of the Polar Vortex headed your way, oh dear!!! Please stay safe in that frigid weather!!

Slo, it sounds like you had a good visit... i laughed at your description of the new moms, and your niece... yes, let's hope she waits until she is good and ready... Take care and please don't lose heart... healing takes awhile, and the body knows how to do it... I hope you can hold steady - i'm sure it is hard to be in "limbo".

Sending warm thoughts to Sam, Det, Pauly and all others who visit - May We Be Well --
        TG

Comment

Hello all and how are we today then ?hope everyone is doing well. It is lovely and sunny here today very bright, however there is no warmth in the sun at all. Certainly beats having the rain. Washed the van this morning, and cleaned out my car . There must be something wrong with my head .....time for the doctor's I think .

that car has never seen a Hoover before!

Hiya slo. How are you keeping today then? How are the knees doing ?I guess you are baby-sitting at the moment? I take it Huxley is keeping you busy! Hope the cat is doing ok I was looking at the bird feeders this morning on the new camera system. Suddenly it showed up a lot of movement on the feeders and there was a squirrel having a three course banquet. I thought previously it had been magpies trying to pick through to get the food but it was a grey squirrel. Must be honest he was doing some pretty good acrobatics though! Take care hope you have a good day

Hiya lav yes you are right we got the rain yesterday! And lots of it. Today is a real nice difference. Your grandson is only 14? He is about 6-ft 20 tall! Julie has just baked another 3 cakes this morning. Lemon drizzle cakes.... will be interesting to see along they last!hope you have a good day.

Hiya ppqp how are you doing today then?hope all is well with you.

Teegee, and how are you doing today then?Are you in resting mode yet?have you got any more travels coming up?have you ever kept a record of the miles you do?

Hiya pauly det Sam pie
          Last edited by Mick; November 28, 2022, 08:40 AM.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Taking a moment to breathe & check in here, busy day again. Focus is on finishing up my crafty work so I can get it all set up at the venue Friday evening, oh boy.
            Luna has to be delivered to the vet before 8:30 in the morning for her spaying. Not sure what I’m going to do with her post op. Can’t see just letting her loose on the deck hours after her surgery but I’ll figure it out. Went into the bank to discuss the fraud attempts & my fear that the people representing themselves as bank employees calling me 11 times until I blocked their number!!from the bank’s view everything looks secure, all the money that is supposed to be there is there. Such a waste of my time & brain space.

Cyn, I love the Plant Based on a Budget recipes, I pre-ordered her new book too. I did make the dairy free pumpkin pie but no one wanted it so I get to eat the entire thing myself, LOL. It’s delicious, they don’t know what they’re missing. I was truly exhausted last evening after all the kitchen duty, glad I don’t have to do that everyday!!! I buy large bags of dried great northern beans at the Amish stores, cook them in the Instant Pot & freeze them until I make soup or whatever. You’ll find your way with the best plants for you.

Mick, we are getting more rain tomorrow - makes me think I’m living next door to you haha. Rain predicted for Saturday too so I hope it’s doesn’t keep the shoppers home.
            We get a few squirrels at our bird feeder along with an occasional raccoon, fox or whatever animal is walking by. Of course they drive the dog nuts haha. So you’re going to get fat on lemon cake & me on pumpkin pie - we should compare weight gains haha. I love home baked desserts

Hello PQ, hope you are well.

Hello to Slo, hope your Huxley day was great!

Have a nice night all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

PPQ, hoping that you are doing okay with your brutal temps.

SLO, you must be bushed after your long day with Huxley!

Lav, oh my, you have to get your show together right after that creating that humongous celebration? Where on earth are you getting the energy? Sending good wishes!!!!

Mick, I love that you can spy on the bird feeder. I used to get so angry at the squirrels hanging upside down on the feeder and emptying them. I would send the dogs out in the yard, but that only worked for awhile. 3 cakes? Aren’t you the lucky man! I hope all your projects are going well...

I felt very strangely tired and achey this morning. I tested, no virus... no idea why, but I let myself rest pretty much. I did manage to shop for groceries, and took birthday flowers to my elderly friend, so not all was wasted. ( I actually cooked dinner for myself, a miracle ... I mean cooked from the raw ingredients. Ended up with delish tiny potatoes, salmon, all on top of greens. Hopefully my body will like that better than the somewhat pre-prepared foods I have been existing on...

Wishing all well - Lav, pace yourself!
              Cheers,
              TG

Comment

Mae everyone,

I wonder if PQ is ok? Maybe she is sick, or having computer problems.

Lav, what a great role model you are for your grandchildren. They have never seen Grandma smoking & drinking her way through life! You can be proud of that.
                I treat my anxiety & depression as well as I can, with antidepressant medication. I have shored up my boundaries so that I’m no longer living a life where I’m being told off, not cooperated with, and dumped on. What I need to work on now is massive changes to thinking.

Mick, around here it’s definitely the gray squirrels who get into the bird feeders! And they are good at it.
                My car has seen a Hoover, but not too often.

TG, it’s hard to be under the weather. We really have to pace ourselves at this age it seems.

Actually, I do get tired after a long day with a 5-month-old, because I find it isolating to be alone all day with an infant, trying to keep them entertained. Thankfully they take naps. Then I nap too, to make up for getting up so early. Of course it’s a joy in many ways to have him to hug & love. I just wish I was a little better at attuning to an infant. He’s so bright-eyed, chubby, and cute now at this age!

I better quit typing before I lose my post.
                Last edited by Slo; November 29, 2022, 07:35 AM.

Comment

afternoon all,how are se today then? hope all is well.it is 1600 hrs and is almost pitch black.It has been really foggy over here all day.got a phone call this morning ...we were scheduled to get an extractor and air con unit fitted in the van in Feb,as well as a mains power point in the garage.The guy has had a cancellation tomorrow so we take it up tomorrow ...then we are away on Friday.

hiya slo ,hows things with you today then?glad you can address your down moods .I used to whack mine with the bottle ,but as we know that doesnt work ..reading in between the lines I think you have been put down along the way ...Be positive you are valued .

hiya teegee ,hows you then? hope all is well.Yes its great being able to see whats happening in the garden at any time of the day or night.yep the greys are a pain ,How are you feeling today?Did the change of food make any difference ?

hiya Lav,how are you today then? hope all is well.yep you move next door and we can trade pumpkin for lemon!!hows Luna doing ?Julie got a couple of snide emails this morning ...we have a parcel for you couldnt be delivered ...click here to arrange a delivery date ..Fuel price down at Costco over here ..it is now £1.51 per litre ..at its highest it was £2.24..I love beans too ..haricot and butter beans ..take care and have a good one ...

Did you hear about the claustrophobic astronaut? He just needed a little space.
                  Did you hear about the guy who stole a calendar? He got 12 months; they say his days are numbered.
                  I used to be addicted to soap, but I’m clean now.
                  There are two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
                  What’s the best part about living in Switzerland? Not sure, but the flag is a big plus.
                  Why did the dog cross the road? To get to the barking lot!
                  What do you call a bear with no teeth? A gummy bear.
                  A nurse told me, “Sorry for the wait!” I replied, “It’s alright, I’m patient.”
                  Working in a mirror factory is something I could totally see myself doing.
                  I’m terrified of elevators, so I’m going to start taking steps to avoid them.
                  Did you hear about the mathematician who’s afraid of negative numbers? He’ll stop at nothing to avoid them.
                  Why are pirates called pirates? Because they arrrr!
                  Helvetica and Times New Roman walk into a bar. “Get out of here!”, shouts the bartender. “We don’t serve your type.”
                  Can February March? No, but April May!
                  What do you call a cold dog? A chili dog!

Comment

Greetings friends,

Busy day agin but it’s all good.
                    Got Luna from the Vet at 3 pm & she’s still whacked out from the ketamine they gave her, poor girl. I have her stationed in the laundry room with Daisy for now. I’m not letting her outside until maybe Thursday. It’s supposed to be windy & rain tomorrow, I don’t weather out in that with a fresh incision. Making headway in the crafty department too, yay.

Cyn, I think I just pretend to have extra energy when i need to get a lot of stuff done, Lol. I guarantee you by Saturday night I’ll be a huge, tired mess. Don’t even want to think about having to put Christmas on too after all this haha! I will say that with the reduced dose of BP med & the use of Voltaren cream on my achy feet I’ll feeling a lot better. I need to continue to watch. The salt intake very carefully though.
                    We really do need to listen to what our bodies are telling us - they usually don’t lie. More rest, better foods, etc are all important. Glad you found some healthier stuff to eat.

Slo, you have taken all the steps toward better health & a kinder future. When your knees finally calm down I hope you can look back & be proud of all you have done. We just cannot get other people to change their behavior but we can change our own. You really cannot change the thinking of a guy who thinks he’s a model citizen in all aspects, haha. I found that out myself.
                    I say keep your focus on the future, that’s what I’m doing. We can’t change any of the past stuff anyway. Watching those babies is harder work than you can imagine. I’m glad no one is handing me any new ones to take care of now, Lol

Mick, your air conditioner won’t be used for a while I imagine. Hope the heater works well though
                    Talking about weird emails & text messages & calls - I got a call at 7:30 last evening supposedly from my pharmacy wanting to know how my ‘new’ medicine was doing. I told them none of their business & hung up because I’m not on any new medicine, ugh. You can’t trust anything or anyone these days. Going to check on Luna again now, hope she’s a lot less groggy.

PQ, what’s up, hope all is well with you.

Have a nice night all!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sorry for MIA. My son was in a car accident on the weekend and I had to drive to Drayton Valley yesterday to get him. 31/2 hours one way and it's bitterly cold out there. He's ok, nothing broken, but he's pretty banged up. He hit black ice and went off the road. Didn't sleep at all last night so it'll be early to bed for me tonight. I will catch up with you all soon....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all!
                        Mick, sounds like those appointment shifts are giving you some good opportunities to get things done! Loved “We don’t serve your type” LOL 😂. Enjoy the outdoor camera... 👍

Lav, can you take a moment to breathe? Hopefully you can rest after this weekend... after that, hopefully a simpler Xmas... with others doing some of the cooking? Hope so. Good luck to Luna... a groggy kitty must be something to see...

SLO, my memory of being “auntie” to little ones is that it is very intensive! Make sure to preserve some energy for yourself...

POQ, are you okay? Maybe just swamped by all the holiday plans? I hope that’s it... best of luck!!

Will wrap it up now... right arm a little sore and achey ... this too shall pass...
                        Wishing all well -
                        TG

Comment

hiya all ..just leaving now to go to Preston ...just in case Im not back till later thought Id say hiya now ..ppqp...glad son is ok..Yoga tonight too for me .

Comment

Good early morning,

PQ, oh no, something bad did happen! So scary to have your son crash due to black ice, but then you have to take a long drive in bitter cold and potential black ice where you are vulnerable too. So thankful that your son should heal from his injuries.

Lav, you are helping Luna to a better life, and keeping down the stray cat population too. I hope she appreciates your warm home and TLC while she recovers.
                            My cat seems to be doing fine. I still need to get him in for a follow-up urinalysis probably.

I used to have to buy that Voltaren cream with a prescription! Thankfully it’s over-the-counter now.

Well that’s handy, Mick, that you can get the van fixed up before you head out! I guess they have to come on site to install the garage plug though?
                            I like the March-April-May joke -and the gummy bears!

TG, your friend officially turned 94 then? Nice that you are nearby to brighten her special day with flowers and a visit.
                            I hope your wrist & arm pain is fleeting, and will pass.

I really do need to develop the practice of being only present and forward-thinking, and stay out of the past! Good advice.

Comment

Good evening friends,

Boy am I glad I decided to keep Luna inside for a few days. It was so windy & rainy today but should be clearing out tonight. Luna’s incision was just a little pink looking this morning but clean & dry. She’s been out of the laundry room a few times to stretch her legs & get her energy back. I know she wants back outside but not today. Daisy is driving her nuts of course haha!!

PQ, I’m so sorry about your son but glad to hear he’s OK. Black ice is frightening, my car left the road on the way to college way back in the early 70’s, ended up on someone’s front lawn after the car in front of me hit the brakes when he saw the ice, ugh. Hope you can rest up & catch your breath :hug:

Mick, hope yoga class was fun

Slo, I think Luna is very appreciative of everything I do for her. She’s a very sweet cat, something I’ve never encountered before in a cat haha. Hope your cat is all better now.
                              Part of my recovery was learning to stop beating myself up for what I did or didn’t do in the past. Staying present & accepting yourself as you are is kinder & saner. Tolle explained all that very well.
                              Hope your day has been good.

Cyn, Luna was literally bouncing off the walls & walking sideways when I brought her home yesterday, Lol. She’s back to herself today though. She even followed me downstairs into my workshop this afternoon. Are yo able to take ibuprofen? I took two this afternoon when I found myself aching (arms & upper back) for no apparent reason & it helped a lot. I think it’s the cold & damp weather bothering me. I am essentially done, have things packed up for the craft fair. Just have a few details to take care of like charging up my Paypal card reader, printing up new price sheets, etc. I’m satisfied haha!!

Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X