Dec11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dec11

hiya all,how are we today then? all good I hope ..Just got back from the animal rescue centre,after going up to see Argyll, a black and white Dutch rabbit ,he was found on wasteland ,and has been in care for 6 months.a love;ly little rabbit ...but hey Im biased..not a replacement for Jeeves ,simply another lovely little rabbit to give a good life to if he bonds with Bonnie.Ive made the spare hutch to keep them apart while we bond them,and also a bonding pen.e pick him up on Tuesday ,foster him till we see how they get on and then all being well adopt him.

20221211_134413.jpg

IMG-20221211-WA0004.jpg

really cold here today,the roads are very icy and slippy,,

20221211_093641.jpg

20221211_093945.jpg

Lav, hope your daughter enjoys herself when she comes over ..if it had of been Manchester Id have met her ,Is she going to Disneyland Paris.

Abig shout to everyone else
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: Dec11

Thx for the startup, Mick... your plan sounds good, and the rescue rabbit looks lovely - is he wild, or was just found out wandering the heath? I’m so glad that you know how to introduce them to each other... that must be a sensitive time. I think I remember when you were introducing Bonnie to Jeeves?... that was fascinating. Best of luck...

Hello to everyone - I hope your days are going well - get some rest, y’all!

I’m continuing to dust and vacuum each day, but still have itchy red eyes and sneezes... hoping some day all this will subside (still more construction to come, though...)

Greetings to all stopping by...
    TG

Comment

Yeah, we’re a tired bunch living in a gray world!

I slept through the night again last night, AND napped again yesterday for two hours! So today I dropped the homeopathic meds my alternative doctor had me start taking, and dropped back down to one instead of two daily doses of one of my mineral supplements (selenium). See if that will help the sleepies!

Mick, gorgeous photo of your Winter landscape over the water!
      You were quite partial to your buddy Jeeves, but hopefully this new guy will be a good companion for Bonnie. And who knows, you might end up taking to him eventually. Yes, best stay put this Christmas; what with the new bunny to bond, etc.

My old house was just filled with dust after a basement renovation project. I now see the connection, but it took me a long time to figure out why the dust always came right back after I finished dusting. I hope the new & improved halls will be worth it for you, TG.

Putting ornaments on the tree is a good job for an 11-year-old, Lav! What did you end up feeding them?

I’m enjoying a simpler Christmas this year! No tree (it was an ouch-y enough exercise just to get some decorations up), no baking cookies, no hosting, and just one or two gifts for each person.

4:30 pm and the sun has set!
      Last edited by Slo; December 11, 2022, 05:37 PM.
      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good evening friends!

The rain arrived as predicted & it’s just chilly.
        My friend who moved to FL 6 years ago stopped by for a short visit while visiting family up here. She’s the friend whose son was ambushed at work shot in the head back in May. He’s just had what is supposed to be his final surgery of closing up the parts of his skull that were shattered with 3D printed flaps. He looks fairly well considering everything but I’m sure he will be considered disabled & unable to return to work. Looking at his skull closed up with numerous staples reminded me of my own head injury 22 years ago, ugh. He has moved to FL not far from his parents but His neurosurgeons are up here so that’s why his Mom drove him up here. What a family crisis this has been, I really feel for them :hug:

Mick, I have a feeling Argyll will be extremely happy in your care . Hope Bonnie feels the same way!
        I kind of doubt that my daughter will be going to Disneyland in Paris, she doesn’t care much for Disney haha! She will find plenty of things to go & see & may even schedule a bus trip out of the city for a day like we did when we last went.

Cyn, when we built this house I dealt with all that new dry wall dust for a good year & it was super annoying. There’s really no getting around it I think. Whatever OTC allergy you choose should help a bit.
        Are you in the path of the storm sweeping the country from the west?

Slo, your. body is trying to heal, maybe the extra sleep is helping?
        My granddaughter is 11, turning 12 in February. A good age to help out with most house chores, pet care, etc. I’m just grateful she’s a willing helper
        Yesterday I roasted a Store bought chicken, made a big salad & a pan of corn bread & they were all happy. A simpler Christmas is really what we need as we get older, it’s so much work.

PQ, hope you had a good day.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hiya all how are we doing? another cold overnight and a frozen day,Bonnie doing ok ,I have finished the other hutch ready for Argyl.going up tomorrow ,but he has to be checked over by the vet before they let him go.Was sorting out my trains earlier on ,its a while since they have run...couple of them a bit iffy but mostly they are ok.Still in the process of doing hogwarts but obviously that has taken a back seat at the moment .

hiya Lav ,hope all is well with you.A store chicken? no home grown one?do you eat your own ones or do they all go to the man with the buggy when its time?glad your friends son is on the mend, but its a tragedy that it happened in the first place.
          hope you have a nice day

hiya Slo...you doing ok?hows the sleeping pattern? early days I guess.I already like the new rabbit ,they all have individual personalities ..I need to get her bonded soon ,she is getting quite used to lying in the dining room under the table getting waited on hand and foot!!the scenery round here is lovely ,unfortunately at times you pay the price for that .likewise here no tree ,we dont usually do christmas ,but I even bought lights and decorations for the van ...but that has all gone pear shaped ..Scrooge wasnt such a bad guy!!have a nice day

hiya teegee,hope all is well.?Argyl was found wandering on the moor ,at the time about 3 months old ..my guess either escaped or dumped..Bonnie and Jeeves were quite an easy bond ..some take months some shorter ,some never..they took 11 days ..

20181006_104321.jpg

20181014_175420.jpg

fingers crossed this will be an easy bond too..they direct it ..not us .hope the sneeziness goes soon .

hiya to everyone else hope you are doing good
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Evening all,

I like how you have to specify where you got your chicken, Lav! It was quite an effort to serve chicken back in the day; I can’t imagine!: kill your chicken, drain it, pull all the feathers out, etc. etc. Yuck!
            Cornbread! I should try making that. Would you mind sharing your dairy-free recipe with me, since I’m dairy-free too?

I guess it’s a double disappointment missing your travel Christmas, Mick; since you were actually going to celebrate the holiday for a change this year, and had decorations all ready for the van.
            I can’t tell those two rabbits apart!

I need to stay away from those little homeopathic pills my chiropractic guy pushes on me. This is the second set that has wigged me out. I’m feeling much better without them.
            Had acupuncture again today for my knees. I love it! My left antecubital fossa is all sore again today -coordinating with the chronic pain knee. He says I can keep massaging that sore spot over the week, to help heal the knee! Had physical therapy today too.

My beef roast is in the oven!
            Last edited by Slo; December 12, 2022, 06:01 PM.

Comment

MAE ALL… cooler day today then warming up until the weekend. Then it’s back to the deepfreeze all next week. Glad I’m off.

Mick…Argyll looks just like Jeeves. That is Argyll in the first pic right? Nobody could replace Jeeves. Love the pics. Wow looks like a frozen tundra. I’m glad Bonnie is doing ok. I hope they bond easy enough, I will keep my fingers crossed.

Lav…Nice job getting your granddaughter to decorate the tree. Hope your Christmas Eve plans don’t fall through. Glad your friend’s son is doing better, and you’re probably right about being disabled and unable to return to work. I did turn the phone off all weekend and have no idea how the events went. LOL. Just putting in time while waiting for my break to start. It’s going to be a long week as I’m not planning on starting anything new.

Slo…my sleep has been the pits and I keep waking with the strangest dreams. Must be time for me to have a break. When I was living at the ranch I would start dusting at one end of the house and by the time I got to the other end the dust was back. Never ending job. Sounds like a plan staying away from homeopathic pills.

TG…I don’t think you’ll be done with the red eyes and sneezes till the construction is finished. Did you know they were going to do that when you moved in? Hope you get some relief soon.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all….:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Chilly & mostly cloudy here today. I see the huge storm system moving across the country west to east, uh oh. I’m wondering if Cyn is getting it now.
                I’m in pierogi mode, plan to make & freeze about 100, haha! That way I’ll have plenty to feed whoever comes over & even send them home with some. I have one embroidery customer needing things done but that should be easy enough to get done.

Mick, I wish you loads of luck with Argyll & I hope the two decide they like each other
                I absolutely refuse to kill & eat my chickens for a number of reasons so if we want chicken for dinner we get one from the supermarket. My chickens are here to provide eggs & a certain amount of entertainment. That wounded young man is walking & talking but he’s just not right if you know what i mean. He’s not allowed to drive yet (if ever). I just can’t see him being employable in the future. it’s sad but that’s what it is.

Slo, I have learned that you can pretty much change any recipe to be dairy free & I also reduce the sodium in everything too. I use a butter substitute for baking, whatever is available in your area. Even Smart Balance works great in everything. I use my homemade oat milk or store bought oat or almond milk works just fine. Have you looked into purchasing an Almond Cow - what a great little machine!!!
                You can find tons of recipes at : godairyfree.org
                I’ve used that website like a bible for many years now. Glad your knee responds to the acupuncture & PT.

PQ, glad your weekend was peaceful. Lay low until your break starts haha!!
                My daughter is planning to put a new Ikea kitchen in their very old house. They had an appointment with the consultant yesterday & she said the granddaughter was so verbal & pushy thru the whole thing that the lady just started asking her questions about what she wanted in the new kitchen, LOL. I remember being that age & suddenly realizing that I had questions & opinions too haha!!

Cyn, hope you’re OK & not dealing with a big snowstorm at this point.

Have a nice night all!
                Lav
                Last edited by Lavande; December 12, 2022, 06:49 PM.
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hiya all just got back,picked up. Argyl,so we have been busy sorting things out like splitting the garden etc,they have seen each other, the usual snarling etc but very early days. The house is like a bomb site atm,so I need to get it sorted out. Hope everyone is doing ok..temperature over here tonight drops to minus 6 eeek!!!take care all

Comment

MAE ALL....it's been a long day and they're just going to get longer. Can hardly wait till Friday is done. Unfortunately temps are dropping on Saturday to Mick's temps and staying there till Christmas. Hopefully that means less people out and about.

Mick...like you say, early days. How did the house get to be a bomb site? You stay warm and good luck with the bonding.

Lav...of course you're in pierogi mode, it wouldn't be Christmas without them. I would never be able to kill and eat my own chickens. I actually have to stop myself from thinking where the food came from that I'm eating. Not sure why I'm not a vegetarian by now. How fun, a new kitchen. Good for your granddaughter knowing what she wants. She'll probably be doing most of the cooking anyways. LOL Time for you to start winding down too.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Current pierogi count = 60…..I’m getting there, LOL
                      Just looking at my step tracker - you definitely do not get many steps in while standing in the kitchen all afternoon, oh well. Tomorrow I will make the mushroom & sauerkraut filling & finish up the pierogi count.

Mick, glad yo got your new buddy home. I hear hissing & snarling all day long in my house because YB’s ancient cat does not like the newer generation. That cat doesn’t like anything or anyone, haha.
                      Going down to 23 degrees tonight, super chilly!! Stay warm.

PQ, I hope the rest of the week goes by quickly for you. That’s so cool you get time off for the holidays, something I never got, that’s for sure. We were required to work every other holiday come hell or high water haha!

Cyn, hope the weather held for you & thanks for letting me know you were in the clear last night

Slo, how’s the weather in your neighborhood? Hope you’re resting the knees as needed.

Hello to the rest & wishing everyone a nice night.
                      Lav
                      Last edited by Lavande; December 13, 2022, 07:21 PM.
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

This is from last night!!! When I tried to post I was locked out for some reason.., all is about the same today...
                        “ Mae all -
                        No snowstorm here!! I love snow, but it’s probably not as wonderful in a city setting as it is in the country... I received some wonderful pics from friends in the East... they have feet of snow!! I wish I was there to see it in person... country lanes and all the houses decorated, a beautiful old inn with a roaring Fire... Alas!

Mick, good to hear that you can start the bonding as soon as Argyl is cleared... poor little tyke, dumped like that — he deserves a wonderful home with you - I hope it works! (Glad he was cleared to come home to you! Hope the snarking passes)

Lav, I guess good news for your friends’ son, but still a tragic situation... I’m so glad you could recuperate fully from your head injury!! Glad to hear the pierogies are done - that’s such a big job! (What did “Davey” think about all that cooking?) Is Luna still liking the outdoors?

SLO- yes, it’s always best to go with what our bodies tell us... glad that you are paying close attention. Hope the acupuncture keeps working!

PPQ - here’s to you being able to keep your head down and skim through the rest of your time before your holiday!

I took my cousin (the one with schizophrenia-disorder) out for an early taco dinner, then we drove downtown to see the lights... It was magical, and something I would not have done if not for her. I think I’ll try to do something once a week with her while I’m in town... it gets me out and about...

Wishing all well...
                        TG

Comment

It’s windy & cloudy here, and supposed to drop precipitation tomorrow in the form of “wintry mix”.

We all were locked out of the site, Cyn. Yes, i too have found it to benefit both people, both me and the other person, when I am “helping” someone else. It gets both of us out & about! You are nostalgic for the grand winters back east. Alas, indeed. It’s a hard adjustment to move to another locale.

Today was Huxley day! I loved snuggling that little 5-month-old. I hope I didn’t catch his cold. Then I took my mother to the eye doctor, and then we went out to eat together. It’s nice having a mother now! Now that she needs rides from me. A bit late in life, but better than nothing. I never really rated much with her before.
                          Tomorrow I take her on a long journey to look at a senior living apartment. She needs to move now that her spouse has died.
                          Last edited by Slo; December 13, 2022, 10:55 PM.

Comment

That’s such a terrible tragedy about your friend’s son, Lav. So unnecessary, and so unfair. I’d be furious if I were him. Yes, he has a traumatic brain injury, and will never be quite the same again. And what an awful feeling for you to have a flashback to your own head injury from 20+ years ago.
                            So this is the son of your other friend in Florida; and not the same one who keeps injuring herself at pickle ball.
                            Say, I think you have a birthday coming up!
                            Wow, you’re a pierogie-making machine!

Yeah, who messed the house up, Mick? Was it Bonnie?!

Ta-ta for now.

Comment

hiya all...a cold frosty morning today,supposed to have been -6 last night..both rabbits doing ok in their respective hutches,he has got heat pads in his she has the electric blanket ..I am looking at getting another one for his hutch .slowly slowly. Ive managed to catch the cold ..theres loads of it going around over here at the moment.I saw 7 deer in the field yesterday..looked really good .The house was a bomb site ,because there was a box and lots of hay in the conservatory, the same in the dining room,so it was getting trailed all the way through the house.

hiya Slo how are you doing? hope all is well ..best of luck on your trip with your mum today ,hope you manage to get the apartment you are looking for

hiya teegee how are you then? all good I hope ..Yes I hope the snarling stops ..to be expected tho ..young rabbit strange place ,been on his own ..frightened ..her ...lost a mate own place and a new rabbit comes into it..It will take time ..Glad you enjoyed the lights with your cousin .

hiya ppqp ..how are you then? all good I hope .our weather turns to rain on Saturday,just hope it doesnt freeze after that.hope the days fly past for you .

hiya Lav hows you then today?where are we up to on the peirogi count? if you mark time on the spot whilst you are baking you will get the steps up!!hows the cat family doing today?

big shout to everyone else.

1. There’s a fine line between a numerator and a denominator. (…Only a fraction of people will get this c

2. What do dentists call their x-rays?

Tooth pics!

3. Did you hear about the first restaurant to open on the moon?

It had great food, but no atmosphere.

4. What did one ocean say to the other ocean?

Nothing, it just waved.

5. Do you want to hear a construction joke?

Sorry, I’m still working on it.

6. Did you hear about the fire at the circus?

It was in tents!

7. Why do ducks have feathers?

To cover their butt quacks!

8. What’s the difference between a hippo and a zippo?

One is really heavy and the other’s a little lighter.

9. What does a nosey pepper do?

It gets jalapeño business.

10. Why should you never trust stairs?

They’re always up to something.

11. When does a joke become a ‘dad’ joke?

When it becomes apparent.

12. Why did the bullet end up losing his job?

He got fired.

13. What kind of shorts do clouds wear?

Thunderpants

14. I entered ten puns in a contest to see which would win.

No pun in ten did.

15. How do you measure a snake?

In inches—they don’t have feet.

16. Where does a waitress with only one leg work?

IHOP.

17. What does a house wear?

Address!

18. Why are toilets always so good at poker?

They always get a flush

19. Why is Peter Pan always flying?

Because he Neverlands.

20. You heard the rumor going around about butter?

Never mind, I shouldn’t spread it.

21. Two windmills are standing on a wind farm. One asks, ‘What’s your favorite kind of music?’

The other replies, ‘I’m a big metal fan.’

22. The first rule of the Alzheimer’s club is…

Wait, where are we again?

23. I took the shell off of my racing snail, thinking it would make him faster.

But if anything, it made him more sluggish.

24. What do you get from a pampered cow?

Spoiled milk.

25. How does NASA organize a party?

They planet.

26. What’s the best thing about Switzerland?

I don’t know, but the flag is a big plus.

27. You know, it was so cold in D.C. the other day, I saw a politician with his hands in his own pockets.

28. How many tickles does it take to get an octopus to laugh?

Ten tickles

29. Why doesn’t Dracula have any friends?

Well, honestly, he’s a real pain in the neck.

30. My teachers told me I’d never amount to much since I procrastinate so much.

I told them, “Just you wait!”

31. Why were they called the “dark ages?”

Because there were a lot of knights.

32. What gets wetter the more it dries?

A towel.

33. Why aren’t koalas considered bears?

They don’t have the right koala-fications.

34. You: What cartoon mouse walks on two feet?

Them: Mickey Mouse

You: What duck walks on two feet?

Them: Donald Duck

You: No, all ducks do!

35. Want to hear a joke about a roof?

The first one’s on the house.

36. What’s a pirate’s favorite letter?

You probably think it’s “R” but it be the “C”.

37. How much teddy bears never want to eat anything?

Because they’re always stuffed.

38. Did you hear about the cheese factory that exploded in France?

There was nothing left but de Brie.

39. Where should you go in the room if you’re feeling cold?

The corner—they’re usually 90 degrees.

40. I can never take my dog to the park because the ducks keep trying to bite him.

I guess that’s what I get for buying a pure bread dog.

41. What’s the difference between a poorly dressed man on a unicycle and a well-dressed man on a bicycle?

Attire.

42. What did the Buddhist ask the hot dog vendor?

“Make me one with everything.”

43. You know why you never see elephants hiding up in trees?

Because they’re really good at it.

44. A horse walks into a bar.

The bartender says, “Why the long face?”

45. How did the hipster burn his mouth?

He ate his pizza before it was cool.

46. What do you get when you cross a dyslexic, an insomniac, and an agnostic?

Someone who lays awake at night wondering if there’s a dog.

47. As a scarecrow, people say I’m outstanding in my field.

But hay, it’s in my jeans.

48. Why don’t blind people skydive?

Because it scares their dogs.

49. What’s the difference between an oral thermometer and a rectal thermometer?

The taste, mostly.

50. I stayed up all night and tried to figure out where the sun was.

Then it dawned on me.

51. I told my friend ten jokes to make him laugh.

Sadly, no pun in ten did.

52. I couldn’t believe the highway department called my dad a thief.

But when I got home, the signs were all there.

53.Why did the cowboy get a wiener dog?

He wanted to get a long little doggie.

54. Can a kangaroo jump higher than the Empire State Building?

Of course! The Empire State Building can’t jump.

55. What did the duck say when it bought some lipstick?

“Put it on my bill.”

56. George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Matthew McConaughey get together to make a movie.

Clooney says, “I’ll direct.”

DiCaprio says, “I’ll act.”

McConaughey says, “I’ll write, I’ll write, I’ll write.”

57. A horse walks into a bar.

The bartender says, “Hey!”

The horse replies, “Sure.”

58. I googled “Rorshach test.”

But for some reason, all that came up were pictures of my parents fighting.

59. What do we want?

Low-flying airplane noises!

When do we want them?

Nnnnneeeeeeeeeeoooooooooow!

60. I tried to win a suntanning competition.

But all I got was bronze.

61. How much space will be freed in the EU after Brexit?

Approximately 1 GB.

62. Why don’t seagulls fly over the bay?

Because then they’d be bagels.

63. What do you call malware on a Kindle?

A bookworm.

64. Did you hear about the painter who was hospitalized?

The doctors say it was due to too many strokes.

65. Why are crabs so bad at sharing?

Because they’re all shellfish.

66. What did the tie say to the hat?

You go on ahead. I’ll hang around.

67. How do you make a tissue dance?

Put a little boogie in it.

68. What do you call a cow with a twitch?

Beef jerky.

69. I started a new job as a tailor last week.

It’s been sew-sew.

70. What concert only costs 45 cents?

50 Cent featuring Nickleback.

71. What kind of shoes does a spy wear?

Sneakers.

72. I’ve been trying to make a sarcastic club, but it’s been really hard to tell if people are interested in joining or not.

73. And the Lord said unto John, “Come forth and you will receive eternal life.”

But John came fifth and won a toaster.

74. What do you call a fake noodle?

An impasta.

75. My wife accused me the other day of being too immature.

I told her there were no girls allowed in my fort.

Clean Jokes for Adults
                              76. Someone stole my mood ring yesterday.

I still don’t know how I feel about that.

77. A Roman legionnaire walks into a bar, holds up two fingers and says, “Five beers, please.”

78. I tried to catch fog yesterday.

Mist.

79. Working in a mirror factory is something I can totally see myself doing.

80. Someone stole my Microsoft Office and they’re gonna pay.

You have my Word.

81. What do you call a dog with no legs?

It doesn’t matter, it’s not going to come anyway.

82. You know what they say about cliffhangers…

83. Why does a chicken coop only have two doors?

Because if it had four doors, it would be a chicken sedan.

84. A sandwich walks into a bar.

The bartender says, “Sorry, we don’t serve food here.”

85. I got a new job last week as the new top dog at Old MacDonald’s farm.

I’m the new C-I-E-I-O.

Comment

Working...
                              X