Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete Newbie

Hello all,

I just signed up and registered. I am happy to be here and am happy that I was accepted. I have an issue with marijuana. I've been using it for more than 20 years and I am 36 already. I haven't achieved anything really and my life is kind of plato. Weed now, at this stage of my life, is not giving me any pleasure anymore, it's become a habit, that I have tried to quit numerous times, but I always relapse back.

I need help. I can't do it on my own anymore. I need support and suggestions in order to quit this habit.

I will accept anything you offer and take any help.
    I just hope I'm in the right place.

Thank you

Re: Complete Newbie

Hey Janis, good to see a new 'face' around the place. I'm far from the best person to ask - I'm only two days sober myself, my advice for what its worth though - the toolbox thread https://www.mywayout.org/community/j...-tool-box.html has a load of useful advice from folks who have been through all of this long before us, a lot of their advice holds true for any drug. I also recommend checking in with the folks in the newbie's nest - a lot of long time sober folks with great advice for the new starters (and those like me that have had a few goes at it over the years and never quite made it stick). We're a small community but a good one. You've already taken a great first step by posting.
    They/He

SH free - 25/11/2022
    AF - 15/02/2023

Comment

Hello & welcome Janis!

Glad you decided to join us for some support. We have all been in your shoes, just starting out.
      I strongly agree with everything Battle just said - the tool box is full of great ideas to help you get a plan together. Make a good working plan for yourself & check in often. The Newbies Nest is always open so drop in there daily. Pick a quit date & jump right in, we will be with you.

Wishing you the best!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I have an issue with marijuana. I've been using it for more than 20 years and I am 36 already.
        Ontop of drinking I also had a (few times a week) MJ habit, as well as a minor nicotine habit; also for about 20 years. For me though alcohol was by far the biggest hurdle given the physical dependence issue, so when I detoxed I just quit everything and haven't gone back. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can offer much advice, I just made up mind to quit and stuck to it. Interestingly I still have MJ cravings here and there (almost as much as Al cravings), and I always try to think of the downsides: the akwardness, paranoia (anxiety sometimes), the burnout, the apathy, the resulting over-eating etc. etc. and it just doesn't really seem worth it. Anyways, sorry I could not be more help, but just want to let you know others on here also had issues with MJ and you're not alone.

Comment

Working...
        X