People are stupid on alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are stupid on alcohol

When you're sober, watching them change is terrible.

Complete mentally ill mode people become.

And ..or course. .they want you to join in. Why you no drinking?? Wimp...

Re: People are stupid on alcohol

Originally posted by scotskev81 View Post
    When you're sober, watching them change is terrible.

Complete mentally ill mode people become.

And ..or course. .they want you to join in. Why you no drinking?? Wimp...
    I simply found a new set of friends. Some of them drink on occasion (sensibly) and share my passion for the outdoors, biking & running. They respect me and others in our circle that do not drink alcohol. Think about what you are into that does not involve alcohol. Go to Meetup - We are what we do and il sure there is a group of folks that would welcome you. The site includes activities of all kinds. Just a suggestion!
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
      I simply found a new set of friends. Some of them drink on occasion (sensibly) and share my passion for the outdoors, biking & running. They respect me and others in our circle that do not drink alcohol. Think about what you are into that does not involve alcohol. Go to Meetup - We are what we do and il sure there is a group of folks that would welcome you. The site includes activities of all kinds. Just a suggestion!
      Thanks

A work party or leaving do is proper carnage. Everyone wants to drink a stupid amount

Comment

Thanks

A work party or leaving do is proper carnage. Everyone wants to drink a stupid amount
        Hi Kev
        I agree totally. I found eventually they become totally BORING....... even when I still drank I got bored of the fakeness that alcohol brought. Me included.
        It is the 'wimps' who need to drink to be able to talk to others & have a good time. These gatherings, after the initial one or two drinks, are NOT FUN if you look back.
        I suspect I am much older than you ........ but I do remember a LOT of work parties and some stupid shit I and others got up to.

When I quit alcohol I was able to sit back & watch. It was a favourite pass-time. I realised how stupid they behaved and thanked God it wasn't me.
        I wasn't going to wake up next day feeling like death & not even remember most of what happened. This strengthened my resolve to stay quit.

I still enjoy a night out - listening to the bullshit - but after a while it just gets so BORING as they repeat the same bollox - that's the time to exit stage left !!
        I don't wait until someone pukes, falls over or starts an argument .......... leave them to it.

Say to yourself in these situations as Scarlett said : "Tomorrow is another day" - and I'll be fresh as a daisy with no regrets !!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          Hi Kev
          I agree totally. I found eventually they become totally BORING....... even when I still drank I got bored of the fakeness that alcohol brought. Me included.
          It is the 'wimps' who need to drink to be able to talk to others & have a good time. These gatherings, after the initial one or two drinks, are NOT FUN if you look back.
          I suspect I am much older than you ........ but I do remember a LOT of work parties and some stupid shit I and others got up to.

When I quit alcohol I was able to sit back & watch. It was a favourite pass-time. I realised how stupid they behaved and thanked God it wasn't me.
          I wasn't going to wake up next day feeling like death & not even remember most of what happened. This strengthened my resolve to stay quit.

I still enjoy a night out - listening to the bullshit - but after a while it just gets so BORING as they repeat the same bollox - that's the time to exit stage left !!
          I don't wait until someone pukes, falls over or starts an argument .......... leave them to it.

Say to yourself in these situations as Scarlett said : "Tomorrow is another day" - and I'll be fresh as a daisy with no regrets !!
          One person is already back in the pub . Doesn't get hangovers. Strange how some people can handle it

Comment

One person is already back in the pub . Doesn't get hangovers. Strange how some people can handle it
            Kev he's back in the pub for another drink.
            He can't handle it or the hangover - it's so bad he NEEDS another drink to settle him. 'The cure' we call it in Ireland.
            It's the slippery slope.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              Kev he's back in the pub for another drink.
              He can't handle it or the hangover - it's so bad he NEEDS another drink to settle him. 'The cure' we call it in Ireland.
              It's the slippery slope.
              This guy doesn't get hangovers no joke. He may still be drunk, but doesn't get hangovers.

There is some science that shows that the male line of the family ( the son of a male alcoholic) is predisposed to be able to handle their drink or have less inflammation.

Hangovers are all about inflammation

Comment

This guy doesn't get hangovers no joke. He may still be drunk, but doesn't get hangovers.
                It's called alcohol tolerance. It's not a particularly good sign. I know, I've been there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulburry View Post
                  It's called alcohol tolerance. It's not a particularly good sign. I know, I've been there.
                  Not a good sign..but that's his problem not mine.

This guy doesn't care,and I mean really doesn't care . Gonna let him be.

Comment

Not a good sign..but that's his problem not mine.

This guy doesn't care,and I mean really doesn't care . Gonna let him be.
                    Wise words... remember them the next time he wants to go out with you!
                    I never got hangovers -- like EVER --- even when I wasn't looking for the cure in latter years -- I just loved drinking - and by not having hangovers there was no downside really -- until there was... I knew my limits for years and years - and then the limits changed -- and that's when my troubles started --- it sort of ended the fun times with friends - cos sometimes I could drink endless wine or whatever - and sometimes 3-4 and I'd be stupid with it.... couldn't trust myself out and about really.

I wasn't sure you'd be still here sober on a Sunday morning -- fair dues to you -- I thought Sat night could be an issue... we've all been where you've been -- and then worse and worse... it never gets better
                    Last edited by mollyka; January 29, 2023, 05:52 AM.
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Just found out the guy is in the pub again. Phoned me to say I'm a wimp 😃

Comment

It’s important to remember that some people are just stupid
                        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Just found out the guy is in the pub again. Phoned me to say I'm a wimp ��
                          picard-facepalm.png
                          Last edited by Mulburry; January 29, 2023, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X