Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7th May

Hi Friends!

I stopped by the Palace on my way here, and picked up some leftover Coronation Quiche for us to share.
    9BCE29D4-AA16-44E7-83AE-F58AB6611365.jpg
    Last edited by Pie; May 7, 2023, 09:55 AM.

Re: 7th May

Hiya pie .fir thanks for starting the Fred off.how are you doing?hope all is well with the quit....you can do it.
    Today has been a real pain of a day..remember I did a test and it was negative ?felt rubbish this morning so did another test..positive..and to confirm it I did one a wee while ago same results. Plus Julie tested positive this morning too so she can't visit her dad for 5 days so we are trying to arrange relatives to visit .just to crown it I was going to see my brother tomorrow..he has been put on a cancer pathway, whatever that means. I'm still going to see him but will keep my distance. So glad I don't drink .bank holiday Monday tomorrow, so the traffic will not be as bad. Hope you all enjoyed the coronation. Our whole nation is based on pomp and pageantry, going back over 1000 years .interesting the conversations saying it's a waste of money..the royal family bring in millions in revenue.hope everyone is doing well.normal service will resume soon
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

That’s some bad news Mick, about you still testing positive, and now Julie too. Certainly adds another layer of complexity to whatever the plan will be for your father in law.
      I’m hanging in with my quit. Today is the hardest so far. Maybe because it’s raining, and I haven’t been out. I’ve been amazed to find a proliferation of sober resources online. Lots of podcasts to listen to, and YouTube videos to watch.
      Looks like a plan might come together for transferring big dog next week. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Pie ,one way I used to deal with the urge to drink ...do 3 things ...firstly,imagine you are surfing on the sea ,when all of a sudden you are hit by a big wave ,which carries you ..you feel helpless and panicky ,then as quick as it came its gone ...thats how the ache for drink works ,it doesnt last ,just be strong enough to crest that wave .
        Secondly ,get a glass of water ,keep it with you ,when you need to ,drink as much as you want of it ,,,think of the headache and groggy feeling you arent going to have in the morning
        Thirdly ,get a piece of paper and pen ...drawa line down the middle ..whilst the craving is going on ,write down on one side of the paper the benefits of drinking ...on the other the demerits of it ....be as lateral as you can .keep going challenge yourself ,until the craving subsides ..
        It will work ,just have the strength to do it ..repeat as required ..hope this helps
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Nice day but there’s some rain on the way tonight. As long as it’s gentle & doesn’t hurt all the plants & seeds I’ve just planted I’m OK with it haha!!

Mick, I’m so sorry. I’ve never heard of someone getting a second positive so soon, geez. Take care of yourselves, get some rest. Maybe if you double mask before seeing your brother he’ll stay safe.

Pie, thanks for the start up & quiche, yum!
          I found it very helpful to keep myself & mind as busy as possible. When the thought of a drink entered my head I immediately pushed that thought out. Thoughts are just thoughts & you don’t have to act on them. You’ve been doing great, keep moving forward & be proud

Cyn, you must be one exhausted puppy after these past few weeks. Focus that energy on what you need now & take good care of yourself :hug:

Slo, hope your day was a good one.

Would love to hear from Sam & the others.
          Have a nice night all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pi...thanks for the Coronation Quiche, was wandering what to have for breakfast. LOL Good job on hanging with your quit. Mick's advice is what got me through a lot of tough times, I call it Mick's List. At one point I had driven to the liquor store and then sat outside in the car and did Mick's list in my head. Turned around and headed home. It really is matter of not acting on the urge as it hits. Keep it up, you're doing great.

Mick...sorry to hear the positive is back and that Julie has now got it too. Glad there is some other family to fill in at the hospital. Don't push yourself. If you're feeling ok to see your brother I think distance and masking will work. I'm curious what the cancer pathway is too. Take care.

Lav...it's been gentle rain here off and on all weekend. Nice for us but northern Alberta could use a heavy downpour. The Premier has declared a provincial state of emergency with over 100 out of control wild fires and many evacuations happening.

Waves to TG, Slo and of course Sam & Det. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Lav, how cool that your grandson is a big, strapping boy who can help YOU now! Hopefully you?ll have a helper all Summer long.

We had a warm and sunny day today! I loved getting a bike ride in.
              Yesterday, however, was cold, cloudy, & rainy. Daughters D1&2 gave us (me, my sister, my mother) the gift of going to a play for Christmas. That was to happen yesterday, but on Thursday she found out the play was canceled! So D2 tried to have us all over in her backyard, but the weather didn?t cooperate. So we squeezed into the little living room. Beckett & Mabel enjoyed checking out Huxley?s toys, then they got on the road pretty quick for Mabel?s nap. Beckett denies any filial relationship to infant Cooper, saying he is NOT his brother; he is just Pooper!

Such good advice, Mick! So succinct and practical.
              Covid tests can remain positive for quite awhile after having it. Maybe you had false negatives. What a mess it is causing for you all.

PQ, I?m thrilled that you got to have a surprise visit with a friend on Saturday! That?s fun, and an easy way fill the time while keeping the doors open at work.

Hey, thanks for the mini quiches, Pie! We wouldn?t want all that food to go to waste! I watched a lot of the coronation on C-Span yesterday evening.
              Oh, I hope that adoption goes through for the big dog next week. He?s been there with you for a long time.

I wonder what 8 hours of sleep in a 24-hour period feels like? I haven?t gotten more than 6 hours in a long time. No wonder I?m always dragging.

Tonight Call the Midwife is on, and tomorrow is Huxley day; so get to bed early!
              Last edited by Slo; May 7, 2023, 06:35 PM.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Mae all -

Mick, I'm so sorry!!! My goodness, you just can't catch a break... there's just so much going on in your world... and Covid will do what it wants, but jeez, that is really too bad. So sorry about Julie too - I hope they are milder cases and don't knock you both out... Good luck with all the logistics of Father, and brother and travel...

Lav, how did your rain turn out? Baby plants okay? We are getting a big storm tonight - the winds and rain are just starting up... I finally have a weather app to tell us if things get dangerous. I'm relieved to have my car in a basement cement garage; and a good place to escape to if a tornado shows up...

PPQ - I think i missed something that went on at your work, but anyway, here's hoping that you had a good weekend.

Pi - good job protecting your quit! You GO girl! You'll never regret it...

SLO - I hope that wherever you are traveling it is safe in this midwest weather! Please do take care, and I hope your sleep gets better soon.

I watched a few highlights of the coronation - I just didn't have the time to watch the whole thing. Once I turned in my main assignment for the end of the week, I took a quick look at the main pictures and videos. (Though I just can't get used to Camilla being called queen - and wearing that crown? She looked like she was longing to be on horseback riding out of the Abbey!)

Well, I've spent too much time on the computer today, and my neck is complaining... I'll catch up more tomorrow - wishing all well -

TG

Comment

Thanks for those 3 suggestions, Mick. I’ll take your advice when the next urge hits. Lav, you’re right. I can choose not to dwell on the harmful thoughts, and certainly don’t need to act on them.

PQ, I’ve seen the Alberta fires on the news, and wondered how close they are to you. Slo, yes the pup has been with me for 6 weeks. Spoke with the adopters. They’re a 3 hour drive away , and figured I’d meet them in the middle. However, he’s 84 and she’s 74. Too much to ask? Y’all don’t be surprised if my 64 year old self ends up delivering to their front door.

TG, I tuned in to the end part of the coronation and found myself wishing Diana were up there on the balcony.

Comment

hiya all ,how are we,?hope all is well..just got home from my brothers ..nice to see him .We had a long chat, he seems a bit more positive thank goodness .And yep it was raining ..Julies nephew went up to the hospital today ,Her dad is doing ok ,but tbh because of the Coronation ,they havent done much with him .Nice run down in the car ,first long ish journey its had

hiya pie ,how are you doing today? hope all is good with you..best of luck with the adopters ,hope you can work something out.

hiya teegee thanks for your good wishes .I think in general the covid is a milder variety ,and is more of a knock you out for a couple of days ,and feel rubbish as opposed to real heavy duty .Pity about the weather in the coronation ,the fly past had to be cancelled of the older planes ,the Lancaster ,Spitfires and Hurricanes.how are you doing anyway?hope all is well with you .

hiya Slo ,hows you then? well done on the bike ride,I think it was a false positive as opposed to a second dose.Call the midwife? the uniforms and the bike are Amys favourite ...bit different from the scrubs she runs about in .I have just bought her a nurses watch ...an original one the wind up type from the 60s .Youtake care and have a good day.

hiya ppqp ,,,how are you doing? how are things at work?hope all is well.I see the Mounties gave the King a black stallion called Noble as a wedding gift ....perhaps thats the one Camilla will be on????hope you have a great day.mt brother is more positive ...without going into detail he has cancerous growths in the lower part of his body ,,,

hiya Lav ,hows you ?hope all is good .I think it was a false neg ..yep weve had and are still having the rain ..suits me ..Ive just put a load of plants in so the water will do them good .the price of plants over here is really good ...12 petunias about 3 inches tall ?1.89,12 flowering marigolds ,impatiens ,same ,6 x 6 inch fuschia plants ?4.00...I see Longwood gardens is advertising again .....hope you have a good day .

big shout to everyone else .

Comment

MAE ALL...wow it was a whirlwind day at work, nonstop rental requests and how do I get a membership so I can book a free pickleball court. Told the boss I was transferring all pickleball requests to him for now. LOL I have to work on the website! Rain woke me up last night and it continued all day. Very wet, dreary, dark day.

Slo...sorry to hear the play was cancelled, it would have been a nice outing for you all. And then the weather kyboshed the outdoor gathering. At least were still able to get together and I laughed when you said Beckett said he's NOT my brother he's Pooper! I really enjoyed my Saturday visit even if I didn't get any work done.

TG...I miss a lot that goes on at my work so you're not alone. LOL I don't like seeing Camilla anywhere with the royal family. Hope you got a good rest last night.

Pi...I'm in southern Alberta so nowhere near the fires. So far the rain has kept any drifting smoke away. Nope, wouldn't be surprised at all to see you delivering the dog to their door.

Ted...glad you were able to see your brother and that he's in a better head space. I hope you and Julie are feeling ok, just what you didn't need. I have tomorrow and Wed afternoon booked off but will have to see how much work I get done. I can always make up the time off. I do have a lunch date booked on Wednesday so I will be doing that regardless.

Hi Lav...we'll probably end up X-posting. Hope the plants survived the rain. Some areas in Calgary got hail today, nothing near me. That'll probably wait until all the plants are in.

Off to figure out dinner. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Well of course last night’s rain never got here, duh!! Today was nice & now tomorrow is supposed to be damp & cooler, we’ll see.
                        Just rode up to the Amish auction with YB. He sells plants that he grows in his greenhouse there from time to time. We’ll see how he does this time $$

Mick, glad you got to see your brother. Was he able to explain the cancer pathway you referred to? I got to thinking about hospice but maybe that’s not what it is.
                        Hope you & Julie are feeling 100% very soon.

PQ, I hate the term ‘pickleball’, haha!!! You just immediately imagine a bunch of old farts running around a court thinking they’re still youngsters. A friend of mine from work moved to Florida & immediately fell & fractured her wrist so badly she had to have surgery. No thanks

PIe, wow that couple is pretty old to be taking on a large dog, geez. I truly miss my big dogs but wouldn’t get another at this age. Good luck with the transfer & I’m proud you’re sticking with your quit.

Slo, Beckett may be right. I had 3 brothers & they were all poopers Lol
                        The larger the family gets the harder it’s going to be to get them all together at one time I imagine. I still think zoom meetings might be helpful. Glad you’re enjoying the nice weather.

Cyn, you’re becoming a pro at stretching yourself really thin! I hope you remember to save some energy for you :hug:

I like that it’s staying light longer now, feels more ‘normal’ I guess.
                        Have a nice night all!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all -

Lav, sorry about the no-rain... sounds like you're waiting with plants in the greenhouse until you are sure the frost is over? The frost seems to be over here in the midwest - 80 degrees today... a little warm for May. All the brothers called "Poopers"... LOL.

PPQ - glad to have a person who agrees with me about Camilla... just doesn't seem fair - I still remember Diana vividly... I wonder if that was hard for the boys during the service. She would have made a beautiful queen... I hope things are controlled enough at work... I'm sure things are "heating up".

Pi - I was thinking the same thing as Lav - a big dog for those folks? But bigger is usually calmer, so I hope it turns out to be a good fit... Bless you for doing this work - so important. Great job giving yourself the gift of happy mornings!

SLO - I also loved th e"poopers" quote, LOL. I hope that you got to have your Huxley visit and that all went well. Be careful driving in this crazy midwest weather - very changeable, that's for sure.

Mick - so sorry to hear that your brother is having health struggles too - you have a lot on your plate. I'm relieved to hear that you think the tests were wrong - that means that you are starting to feel pretty well? I hope so - glad for your lovely soaking rain.

Well, I'm turning in a little early... last night I worked too long on the computer without my "Screenshade" glasses... and it took me forever to get to sleep. Been a little slow all day, but got a nice walk in as the day cooled off... I'm so lucky to live with this little lake as part of the complex... water is wonderful.

Sending good wishes to all -
                          TG

Comment

Heavy rain in today’s forecast, but the doggy transport meet up is on. 90 miles, due west, all interstate. Should be fine. See y’all later

Comment

hiya everyone ,how are we today then? hope everyone is good .,Surprise surprise ,I tested negative this morning ,Julie still testing positive,so Im going up to see her dad .Been busy this morning ,cleaned out all the guttering and cleaned off the fascia.hope everyone is doing good .
                              The pathway they have put my brother on is ,investigate ,and remove ,as opposed to treat with kimo etc .

will try and speak later ..orf to the hospital .

Comment

Working...
                              X