WHAT EXCERCISES DO YOU DO ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everybody, I'm just curious as to what types of excercises everybody does...
    I've heard that an eliptical isn't that great an excercise from a show I watch (X-weighted). I use a heart rate monitor and my heart rate goes right into a good cardio zone in no time atall and stays there, so I really disagree.. It is easy on your body and it feels so natural to do it... I also have an excercise bike I bought from a thrift shop that even has a timer ! I did put a removable gel seat on it but it's great. Ugly as hell, but that's fine. We bought a bow-flex (extreme) from someone that just used it to hang laundry.. It is a nice piece of equipment, although I only do 6 different excercises to target train... My other piece of equipment is a pitch fork which I use for my tricepts daily..:H Ha !! Ha !!
    I took classes at a gym once but I much Much prefer to excercise at home on my own time. I'd love to hear what everybody else likes to do... Wouldn't it be nice to morph eachother through the computer so that we could all be walking buddies or something?
    Take Good Care All and enjoy your Thursday, Hugs, ~Niblet~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Hi Niblet,

I love eliptical machines, what exactly did they say on the show? I find it really easy on my joints (although, I do need to wear a sports bra on it, lol) and I can stay on it for up to an hour if I have my Ipod on.

I also love doing spinning classes. Bloddy hard work but great for endurance and fat burning. Is a bow flex one of those wobble stick thingies?? I'll google it.

Kitty
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
    Confucius

Comment

Hello there kitty ! When the fitness guru was disapproving of the eliptical, it was kinda like he didn't feel the motion was benefiticial or something.. I and you too disagree.. What does he know ?!?? LOL I think if a person gets their heart rate up there and they can physically do it for an extended period of time it's gotta be pretty darn good for something... I saw a show that had some folks do a spinning class.. Loud music, upbeat, and sweaty !!! Awesome !!! kick butt for sure !
      A bowflex is just the make of a certain type of excercise equipment... Instead of using actual weights, there are specific "bows" that bend at a certain level of intensity... You can set your own resistance depending on which bow you attach to... Hopefully you google"image" and you may recognise this piece of equipment. Very smooth and does target area well... I have to get a cable replaced so that my satelite will work again in my room. We had a bad thunderstorm and it must have blew the cable... Hope that is all cause I'm such a suck hating to excercise without TV. Take Good Care, Hugs, ~Niblet~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

I work in another field entirely, but I've learned to despise TV gurus. Cable networks have low budgets, so they hire flashy, entry-level personalities for their shows.

No qualified personal trainer would ever say that elliptical trainers have no place in a fitness routine. They're not sexy or exciting, but they are absolutely the best cardio workout for people who are just starting to get in shape.

Spending hours and hours on the elliptical won't do much if you don't do anything else, but they're a great way to work out.

Comment

I've been nursing a migraine for the past week, so I haven't been quite my energetic self. Just starting to feel almost alive again tonight. Maybe get out on the river tomorro, for some good paddling. I do a lot of upstream as well as downstream, just out of neccesity(I go alone a lot... & don't have a shuttle set-up), & to get in shape.

(Like running between tables throwing food @ tourists as fast as humanly possible isn't enough exercise!) LOL:H
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

heya Niblet and friends....
            I've always done some form of martial arts and jiu jitsu is what I'm currently loving to do...when it comes to exercise I have to love doing it or I just won't. I'm not a public gym person. I do like to ride my mountian bike but been so busy lately that just doing the jits has been all I can manage. Dx (my wife) and I like to hike when it's not too terribly hot also and we enjoy being in nature so much.
            St Jude...what's this monkey biz with the food throwing? have any pictures?
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

I watch X-weighted all of the time. Funny thing is when I watch it I usually am eating or go and get something to eat- doh!

I was walking a lot - a lot. I lost pretty much all of my booze-gained weight by walking. I think just getting up and moving about is better than nothing at all. I use to partake in the gym scene. I don't have the time anymore with a young child, etc. I do want to purchase a stairmaster or a treadmill for our home.

Comment

Yep, Determinator... I don't run w/scissors, I run w/plates of food!:H Big heavy ones! Sorry no photos. I'm faster than the cameras!
                It is great kayak training though. Good upper body work-out, if ya stack a lot of plates like I do! Plus I log in quite a few miles per shift...
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Let's see . . . I clean our apartment (or try to), walk my kid's puppy daily and do Pilates a few times a week. I'm now thinking of adding Kegel's (it's an age thing for those of you who have no reason to know). Anyone know how many calories a Kegel session burns?:blush:

:heart: E

Comment

I run on the urban rebounder (mini trampoline) ! hour and do pilates. I ocassionally lift weights, but for a gal I can really bulk up.
                    Smiles
                    Mar

Comment

Yes, if anyone was wondering what exercises Det was up to, please, visit his lair down at the test bet. There's even a picture of him ;-)))) Ohhhhh, yeah babe, oh behave!

So Mar your wrestling it off with Pilates, ey? Is that Pontius Pilates? ;-))) No, but frankly, I wanted to start with Pilates, but never did. Still have the book and DVD lying there. We've got great Tai Chi teachers here in Vietnam. Still, wishing, but still haven't started.

Have a gym downstairs from where I live (basement). Can't get myself to go .... What's wrong with me????
                      Paddy
                      Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

"Pontius Pilates?" :H That's awesome!!!

Since I have little or no personal discipline (partially why I'm here now!) I like to go to classes at the gym. If I work out on my own I'll slack off, but during a class I can suck it up for the full hour workout (if for no other reason I can spend the last 15 min of the class mentally cursing out the instructor for being a sadistic so & so)

I also love to play soccer, and am on several teams throughout the year. Funny - I can't run for 15 minutes on my own, but put me on a soccer field and I'm good for 90 minutes (well, at least willing...whether it's pretty or not is a different story!)

Ceers!

Noella

Comment

I swim like a fish no pun intended
                          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

In my ideal world, I lift weights three times a week and do some type of cardio six times a week 45 - 50 minutes. I love the elliptical and usually split it up with the stationary bike. It's the only time I have to read trashy novels.

Comment

Also, last month I signed up for a session at boot camp. I did it three days a week for four weeks. My body fat dropped by 1%.

It's an outdoor exercise class that is run by a personal trainer. It incorporates cardio and strength training. It's hard to explain, but it was a wonderful experience. There are several of them in Arizona, and I know they are big in California.

Comment

Working...
                              X