International Army Mayl 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] - your grand - there are a lot of similarities and some differences between our experiences. Things seem to be improving very slowly with the kids, especially with my daughter - she knows her own mind. As for my wife - well now she's all normal again. I'm being cautious though. I've just finished the last of 3 night shifts and I'm enjoying a nice cup of tea before sleeping.
    [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] - I have gotten my running gear, the next step now is to put it on and run! Maybe tomorrow.....

Comment

Happier after my run and glad to be back on here.
      Did you get out Fickle?
      I apologise for not being a great contributor to this forum --but on the other hand I get so much support from it!
      Mr A still in no mans land re treatment but we are making the best of it.

Comment

Evening... nice to be back! poor you and MrA --- as if it isn't bad enough.. anyway -- as you say - try and make the best of it...
        I try to come here every day -- but then I didn't come here for a year so..... yeah - if it's support I s'pose we should come online every day
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hello, hello, hello,
          Tbh I read it as 12 midnight we were coming back and had a quick sneaky look about an hour ago.
          The weather is typical Bank Holiday.......foul with gales.

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].....listen, pet. Does it help you logging on and seeing the chatter or the advice?.................then the Army is the place for you. And we love you.

BTW we got our likes and thanks back...... [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]......does that mean I've got to stop @@@@@ ing you???
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

YES:harhar:

Ah go on...since its you!! I'll let you off occasionally,
            Had a smashing day today...whole tribe here...all generations..it's everyone's poxy birthdays with Joes stuck in the middle..and they made such a fuss of him..he was chuffed..and don't worry ..we were spread out round the garden...even MrCorrect ( eldest) was happy with social distancing!!

Comment

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] it was raining all day yesterday and with the birthday going on I did not get out but I did 4.5k on Friday and will go out today for a proper walk

Comment

Evening all.
                In work all day & yiz know the drill when I get home from there.
                Kiss Rosie & pat MrS :haha:

Into 'little' room & watch mindless tv - It's The Crown at the moment.
                It's 1966 and the Aberfan disaster has just happened - jesus that was shocking.

Comment

Quiet room, just yourself the the other woman of the house [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], have a good snooze tomorrow. [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION], 20 HOURS!! omg, thats 3 days sleep in 1. You must have skipped a day! hows Mr A?

Chancer, few runners here, fickle, Brit and myself, so if you need a kick up the arse, you're in the right place.
                  Lovely run this morning, hard climb, but we had the wind on our backs on the descent..great feeling with a clear unhung head.

Molly, my eldest is MrCorrect too, he can be very annoying
                  Last edited by IamMary; May 23, 2020, 06:11 PM.
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Hi all,
                    I cracked right into the garden yesterday.
                    Plan was to do some jobs in the back garden but on the way through I took one look at the front garden and got one of my ideas. 6 hours later a big area was torn out, tree down and we're going in another direction it seems? David Austin roses and cottage garden to suit the house it is! Seeds of delphinium, foxglove, larkspur, aquilegia, veronica and cuttings of duranta, convolvus, hebe, teucrium were all already in the greenhouse so it must have been swilling around back there in my 'back brain' all along. A stack of books on the coffee table and a sachet through Pinterest last night sealed the deal with a garden bed plan.

A trip to the nursery is imminent this morning and then I'm off to the back gardy. So bloody excited. Especially since we got our 'like' button back!

Who needs grog when you've got a garden?

See yers tonight!
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

[MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] so glad to hear things are going better. Good luck with the running!
                      [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] sounds like a beautiful day, am jealous you have a garden big enough to entertain and spread so many out in. Am imagining classic English country garden style.
                      [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] I’m cheating and am a fast walker not a runner. Never been good at running and am recovering from old ankle issues. Did nearly 9k this morning and loved it! Have perfected my soundtrack now with right mix of uplifting and not too many lyrics so I can drift off into my own thoughts. A gentleman with a leaf blower lifted his hat to me this morning which I found so charming. Picture me dancing through the streets past all the fancy houses – I’m really walking, but dancing in my mind.
                      To celebrate my 60 days (not quite there yet but certain I will make it) I have bought a robot vacuum and christened her Rosie the robot. Everyone is delighted with her and thank you to you all for giving me the idea! :thumbsup:
                      [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] the thing I am appreciating most about sobriety is the calming of my inner critic. Booze was like rocket fuel making him hyperactive with a massive temper, fangs and claws to rip me to shreds. I found cooking the birthday lunch way more enjoyable than I would have done if I’d done it in the old style. Knowing people were arriving at 2pm, I’d have crushing anxiety by midday and start sipping on wine to calm myself not realizing it was turbocharging my fears about everything turning out crap. It wasn’t so much the wine on the day, but having it cumulatively in my system never let the inner critic sleep so I was always feeling anxious. Caffine made it worse, I couldn’t tolerate coffee as it gave me the shakes. Now with a perfectly AF system I’ve found I can enjoy a morning coffee! I still only have one cup then switch to tea but yeah.. am no longer so anxious and my inner critic is still there but much more measured and realistic. Even though every dish was not perfect at the birthday lunch, we were able to enjoy everything that was and had a wonderful day. My anxiety only appeared briefly during the food prep, and again just when guests were arriving, but did not appear again after that at all. Amazing.
                      Your garden plan sounds Tres Classique Paradiso.. and your energy! Do you have a spare room? I want to move in with you at once!:flowerspin:
                      Last edited by fickle; May 23, 2020, 10:22 PM.

Comment

I have NO IDEA where we got MrCorrect Mary....any pair less correct than me an Joe can't be imagined...and the rest of them are brats

Less an English country garden Fickle than an Irish wilderness...but we like it...occasionally Joe tries to prune things...then gives up...gooseberries growing in among the ferns...that sort of thing!!
                        Bridge...that sound amazing! Now that I could retire to...if I had enough money to indulge myself in the garden properly I would take that on as a fulltime job!

Morning all else!!

Comment

Morning and waves to the underooos

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].............Aberfan is day I'll never forget. Firstly is it was my snotty little brother's 5th birthday and I had to haul home him and 3 of his fellow snotbags from school for his party.............our kitchen was full of sobbing mothers. Secondly, I come from a mining background.............it was horrendous and seen through my eyes at 10 years old couldn't fathom how grown ups could let this happen. Truly awful day.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Of course, you've heard about the shit storm going on over here............lets put it this way even Mr. JC's beyond angry and he doesn't get angry often about once a decade.
                            One rule for us plebs and another for the posh lot.

We're still on only two visitors. Mr. JC's mum is all confused as she's expecting the new version Mr. & Mrs. JC and her other granddaughter and her partner and she's confused about who can come and when. Oh and Mr. JC has their shopping to deliver.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                              Of course, you've heard about the shit storm going on over here............lets put it this way even Mr. JC's beyond angry and he doesn't get angry often about once a decade.
                              One rule for us plebs and another for the posh lot.

We're still on only two visitors. Mr. JC's mum is all confused as she's expecting the new version Mr. & Mrs. JC and her other granddaughter and her partner and she's confused about who can come and when. Oh and Mr. JC has their shopping to deliver.
                              HAHA -- literally watching some poor politician -- transport secretary apparently according to Joe -- over there trying -- REALLY trying to explain the inexplicable to Andrew Marr on BBC -- sweet latherin heart of jesus -- if he survives THIS??? seriously - I worry that Trump is changing the whole world into thinking if you say something often enough it must be true --- it truly truly frightens me -- and if it's infected Britain it's probably only a hop skip and a jump from happening here....

Comment

sympathise with poor MrsJC -- feckin confusing here a bit too -- we can have 4 people in our garden - but not 5 -- if it's a 3ft sq patio -- 4 people -- ???

Comment

Working...
                                X