Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECHOME

Hi Echome

It seems you have sunk very low but not lower than others on this website. You are not alone. Alcoholism is such a baffling problem. One would think it would be easy to stop something so negative and that makes you feel so guilty. but instead, the reverse seems to hold true. it's back for more.

I hope you find some solace on this website, and I think the person who advised you to drink a lot of water and take care of yourself, not to drink, is right. you will feel better after that.

take care!

Comment

ECHOME

Dear Echome

I also wish nothing but the best for you. You are confused now - doubting yourself - asking a lot of questions. You still have alcohol in your system so you are still not thinking entirely clearly yet. You are afraid because you may be losing your family and also you have to say goodbye to your "best friend" - alcohol. That is a frightening thought at the beginning. How can I face life without it?

But you can face life without it - you MUST face life without alcohol - and you WILL face life without it. You can do it. It is hard, very hard. But we are all in various stages of doing it here at MWO and we are all helping each other. Alone probably none of us could do it, but together we all can.

Don't worry about all those questions for now. For now, focus on making yourself better and stronger - that means focus on staying AF for as long as possible. Just take it one day at a time, one moment at a time. Log on here as often as you can - read, call out for help - whatever you need, we'll be here for you.

Good luck.
      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

ECHOME

Hi Echome,

I'm familiar with spousal violence laws in Cali because the police witnessed my husband push me out of a car there, he was also in a blackout. I lied and told the police I tripped while exiting the car and they were going to have a hard time prosecuting him if they tried. I did this because I already knew he was going to be going to jail for a DUI. Nothing like a little R & R in Beverly Hills! Anyway, I share this story to help you understand you are NOT alone.

After he was arrested several times for various things we finally accepted the fact that my husband is bipolar. I knew it in my heart but I didn't want to face it. Once we got him on Lithium his craving for alcohol went away. Many many bipolars become addicted to alcohol. They use it to come down off their mania.

You sound like a good person that screwed up (as we all have) and needs some help. I wish you all the best.

Luvya,

Myheart
        Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
        - George Jackson

Comment

ECHOME

Thank you. I did not tell my family the truth. They do not know I have a drinking problem. Every time I had a problem with my wife I blamed her. Only now can I see what I have done. I have been very abusive to my wife and kids... her son and my little girl. My god what have I done. I have lied to myself to hide it all. Now my family is gone and I dont think they will ever take me back

Comment

ECHOME

PS 1 day AF not bad for football sunday.

Comment

ECHOME

My wife told me I had a problem I just did not hear her. You know selective hearing

Comment

ECHOME

Hi EC,
                I'm new here but I went to bed AF last night also. Feeling pretty good today. Getting ready to head to the gym for a workout. I've been jailed for alcohol, also. Misdeamenor public intox, but a night in jail was something I'd never experienced before in my life. It sucks, but I did it to myself, so I know how you feel.
                I'm not sure if I understand the term alcoholic, either. I believe that there's substance abuse & substance dependence. The DSM IV does not ever once use the word alcoholic or alcoholism, just the 2 terms I used above. Withdrawl is no fun, but you can do it, just as I can, and have so many times before. It's that 3-4 week mark that gets me.
                This is a great community. There are plenty of people and resources here.
                Take care,
                Iowegian
                "uch: When you kick youreslf in the butt, all you get is a sore butt and a tired foot"

Comment

Working...
                X