Have you heard of the Lenair Technique?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking around the research part of this site and found "The Lenair Center". I read most of the site and became very hopeful to the point of making an appointment for the end of May. There's tons of testimonials from doctors and patients. Do you know anything about this technique she uses? I was thinking since it's a link off of your site that maybe you would have some insite about her. Thanks so much.
    Leebray

Hi, Leebray. Whatever program you feel will work for you is fine. I believe a medication-based program that blocks craving is most appropriate for this disease of alcohol addiction in helping get midbrain receptors back to a near normal state. Once addicted to alcohol or drugs, those receptors are permanently altered and that's why relapse is so common. Individuals often feel they are cured, but for some, that "one little drink" (often years later, as in the case of my mother, who did not have access to a program like this) reflects the brain receptors waking up. That's when relapse can occur.

I hope you find this program, which treats the medical problem of addiction, to be helpful. Best wishes.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
    X