Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atkins, Week Two

Saturday

Well I actually did really well over Thanksgiving! I had Turkey (a little gravy flour, probably), green beans w/ bacon and feta, and a Yam dish with walnuts and cheese. I brought the pears and smoked gouda wrapped in procuitto and a cheese and cracker plate. I only had the slices of the pear dish and cheese, NO CRACKERS OR MASHED POTAOTES - I RESISTED - YEAH! During the day I had no carbs, so I think all in all it was in pretty good shape considering.

Yesterday I was also good. I had my protein shake breakfast, curry chicken for lundh, and steak and brocollini (baby broccolli) for dinner. I had a sugar free jello (5 carbs) and that was it.

So, I feel like I made it through a holiday. Next Christmas Parties, but I think those are moe nibblers, so I plan to eat before I go so I am not hungry and will then just nibble on cheese and nuts, etc. it is going to be easier to say no to all the goodies by then becasue I hope to lose more weight and THAT is a good inspiration.

I will weigh in on Monday again and let you know how it goes.I haven't yet begun to exercising as I still have this upper resperatory crap! Feeling better today, so hopefully by Monday I can start that, too!

Hope you are all doing well and look forward to hearing how your holiday went!

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Atkins, Week Two

Today 19 carbs

Breakfast
      Protein Shake w/ All One and Half and Half (5)
      Scrambled Eggs
      Turkey Bacon

Snack
      Think Thin Bar (2)

Lunch
      Steak Strips over Spinach w/ Blue Cheese Crumbles (2)

Dinner
      Chicken Parmesean (homemade marinara, no sugar) (3)
      Butter Lettuce and Cucumbers w/ italian Dressing (2)

Desert
      Sugar Free Pudding (5)
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Atkins, Week Two

Sunday - 21 carbs

Today should be pretty easy day. I am at home all day and am putting a pot roast in the slow cooker.

Breakfast
        Scrambled eggs
        Turkey Bacon
        Protein Shake w/ AllOne and Sugar Free Yogurt (5)

Snack
        4 Turkey Low Fat Mozzerella Rollups (2)

Lunch
        Butter Lettuce and Cucumber Salad w/ Ceasar Spritzer and Fresh Parmesean (3)

Dinner
        Butter Lettuce and Cucumber Salad w/ Ceasar Spritzer and Fresh Parmesean (3)
        Pot Roast w/ Mushrooms and Onions (1)
        Broccolli (2)

Desert
        Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding (5)

I have found that if I take the time to plan my menu each day I plan to stick to it. It is when I am hungry and just can't think what to eat that I get in trouble.

My tummy is definately feeling smaller, slow but sure...

MM

Comment

Atkins, Week Two

Hi mm I did quite well during thanks giving. lots of salads and turkey of course.
          yesterday I was bad (had pumpkin cake).
          today I am back to normal
          had an baked omlette with scallions and beef and brie.

started drinking my grapefruit juice. it really takes away the cravings for sugar.
          tonight I will make turkey soup. no potatoes in it.

Been doing well with the drinking too.
          time to go to the gym to burn that pumpkin cake.

trix
          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Atkins, Week Two

I'm trying to catch up on the thread...

Are you guys still on week two, or are you entering week three?

Have you lost weight? If so... care to share? I am starting tomorrow. I naturally gravitate towards veggie, low-fat diets but I did Atkins about four years ago and dropped the ten pounds so fast it was scary. I know it works, but I have to mentally wrap my mind around so much protein. But I feel great on it, and have been to the grocery and stocked up!

I know the diet well, and I lost weight quickly but the only area I cheated before was sticking to my wine at night. I still lost! But I plan to shed that too for the diet! I would love to hear what you have lost... if its working, and particularly as one mentioned earlier, as the appetite for food decreased, so did the appetite for drinking.

Would love more details in conjunction with just what you are eating each day.

P4T
            If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Atkins, Week Two

Hi P4T~

We are jsut starting week three - I juust posted a new thread.

Yes, I have lost weight - I lost 2 pounds the first week, and I know some last week, but I will check this morning and post on Week Three. I didn't have time yesterday.

I think that Atkins has become more Veggie-Friendly. I eat quite a few veggies!

And to the last point, I think that as your body gets used to no sugar (hard in the befginnning), your craving for alcohol diminished - mine didi! Istill have cravings for both, but I have soe quick fixes for when they come up, like a Crystal Light Rasberry Lemonade, a sugar free hard candy, etc.. then the craving for both seems to slide away. I hav ealso noticed that most times I am either hungry or perhaps dehyderated. Nonetheless, I think that it realy is working and love how I feel!

Look for the new thread and jump on in!

Namaste,

MM

Comment

Working...
              X