Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Official

It's Official

Just starting here, and looking to those like you who are such an inspiration!

Congratulations!

Keep up the great work. You are not only making your life more worthwhle, you are encouraging those of us following behind you.

RG

Comment

It's Official

Abby, congratulations! I can only hope...............

Comment

It's Official

I look forward to writing a post like yours See you next year!!

Congratulations!
        'The only people who give you a hard time (for stopping drinking) are those who used to look to your drinking to excess to legitimise theirs, and they'll find someone else to do that in time. '
        From an Amazon review of Allan Carr's ' Easy Way to Control Alcohol'

Comment

It's Official

I've marked my calendar w/my one year date. When I've gotten there, I'll be able to write a post like yours. Thank you & congrats. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

It's Official

Fantastic! What an inspiration. A year AF for me still seems like an eternity but you have just shown me that it can be done! Thank you and congratulations!

Bessie xx

Comment

It's Official

Congrats Abby that is wonderful! You truly are an inspiration to so many!
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

It's Official

Abby1, YOU ROCK. An inspiration.
                A BushBaby with Attitude

Comment

Way to go Abby! One year is a huge accomplishment. Yahoo!
                  Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                  "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

See how important it is to post about our milestones. I was not entirely convinced of it, but see from this thread it really does matter. Cool & congrats on 1 year!
                    Year 2 gets even better I hear!
                    (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Eloise, for me the first year was filled with many firsts: my first AF vacation, holidays, special occasions, stressful events. In my first year, I learned that I really liked my life without alcohol. I felt better, I didn't want to drink and still don't. In the second year, I had that confidence I developed during the first year. I could just enjoy my life without thinking about drinking.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                      X