Hi I'm a Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm a Newbie

BW, can you tell us why you decided to go topa free?

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

topa

i just got my topa and today is the first day for the supps and the topa.
      my questions is this--------- if i am getting the results i want (let's say a glass of wine a nite) and i am taking 100mg of topa and the program seems to be working do i have to keep increasing the topa each week until it reaches 300mg a day? or can i remain at 100mg a day?
      what is the benefit from getting the topa to 300mg a day - if 100mg a day works fine?

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

topa

this is for MARIASHEP>

YOU CAN GET TOPA FROM MAGELLANrx over the internet.
        just type in Magellanrx and go to their website. you can order it in any increment you want : 25mg 50 mg l00mg
        I ordered mine on May 30 2006 and it arrived July 5 2006.
        it comes from costa rica and does not come certified or registered mail. just comes to your mailbox.
        i am praying this works cuz i need it to.
        you are so right - the docs. don't want to prescribe it.
        good luck.
        p.s. i'm gonna have to get a second job to pay for the stuff - but if it works i'll do it.

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Just found this site today

I am a 43 year old wife and mother. My two girls are now grown and pretty much out on their own. I have had 7.5 years with my husband, although 3 of them married. I went to rehad as I thought i had a problem with drinking 6.5 years ago. I stopped for a bit, then had a drink when we went out..then two, then sneaking to the waiter to give me two doubles, as I was only allowed to have two drinks, to ensure i felt a little something. Over time I would stay up late and drink, drink anytime i was away from my husband, go to my kids home and drink, etc. My life with my husband has been in turmoil and the past 4 mos. worse then ever. In the past month i have been drinking daily. A 1/5 of booze almost every day. I have not had a drink in two days now. I am feeling lost and don't know what to do next. my marriage is about over due to this and other issues. I want to get over this drinking and want to know. do you ever become happy again??

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

I cannot believe I found this website. I thought I was going to have to stand up in front of a bunch of people I didn't know in AA and tell my story to them. I feel so much more comfortable being able to do it over my computer. The first time I came into this website and was chatting everone was immediately welcoming to me and just that makes me want to stop. :h

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

I'm new too!

Hi friends,

I recently found MWO, time flies, today is day 12. I am so pleased to read the honest posts, the heartfelt struggles and the wonderful sharing on this site. My story is one that has been repeated over and over. We are not alone and there is no shame. Like I tell my kids, smart people ask for help! I knew I had a problem for awhile. My drink of choice was a chardonnay wine. This craziness sneaks up on you. Two glasses became a full bottle. Every night, seven days a week. Some nights I didn't even think I had enough of a buzz and opened a second bottle. In the morning, it was always the same. Sick headache, foggy thoughts, shame, anger, sadness. I have always struggled with my weight. I had managed to get down to a normal weight, even looked good. But, I found I got lax. Started drinking more, which for me led to eating more and viola, I have packed on 42 lbs. in one year! Yikes! Nothing in my closet fits right, obviously. I work in sales and I have been disgusted that my small, beautiful outfits just hang in my closet. I found this site while searching for help. My drinking was only getting worse. I was thinking about the end of my day so I could open up the wine and numb myself. I started planning my days around this. I am usually an outgoing person, I like to go and do things. Lately, I am content to sit by myself, wine glass in hand and get drunk. I passed on doing things with my hubby, my girls and my friend. I was at my wits end. I had to get myself in control.I know that the wine is the cause for my unhappiness and declining health. My stomach is sticking out something awful. I was exhausted every day...yet I continued this ridiculous cycle. Now the good news. I downloaded the book 12 days ago. I read it non stop. I have been reading your posts daily. I got the supps ordered the CD's and I am pleased to report...this program works. Not always easy...but I am doing it! I have started to exercise more regularly, eating much better and drinking way less! Last week no wine during the week. Two and half glasses Friday at dinner and two glasses Saturday at dinner. This is remarkable for me. We were even out of town. I actually didn't pack a bottle of chardonnay to drink at the hotel, before we went out to dinner. I have not done this in years. This program is looking like a miracle to me. So far this week, no wine since Saturday night (today is Wednesday). I have decided to not take the topa. I have some reservations regardung side effects. So far I am using supps religiouly, litening to the CD'. getting some exercise and staying connected to all of you wonderful people. Thanks for letting me get this out. I want to be there for you as well. Take good care of yourselves...we all deserve to be healthy and happy!

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Re: I'm new too!

Hi - Today is my first day - on this site and off the Booze. I have been given Librium for the withdrawals yesterday - no - IT WORKS :rollin !!!
                No shakes, throwing up or hot sweats... That is what has been worrying me about stopping for a long time.

I've been reading loads of everyones comments, and it's just ACE - I too ddon't want to stand up on front of a load of people - not just yet - need to build up confidence - i.e being able to answer the front door would be a start.

Keep it up
                Bambino
                xxx:d

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

New starts

Hi Bambino,

You have taken a great first step. We are all here for one another. I like reaching out and getting support in the security of my own home on my computer. I have found the posts to be a lifesaver in so many ways. Great therapy...If it is not too hot where you are a short walk around the neighborhood might feel good to you. I'm glad you are feeling no physical stuff. That is wonderful. Try to keep yourself busy, that will help too!

Take good care!
                  Deanie

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Day 14 and Counting

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to say hi on the new site. Very nice. Today is day 14 for me on MWO. I thought it was day 13, but I checked the calendar and is sure enough is day 14. WOW! A couple of things to report. One, I do love the CD's. I realize I need that reinforcement to keep me balanced. I am getting good with the supps, it does take a while to qet into the swing of things. Remembering to take the supps with me and remembering to take them. I have a great tip...I have been making a smoothie with oj, a banana and a peach for my All In One drink. Yummy. I put it in the blender with some crushed ice. Increadibly refreshing on these hot summer days! I really look forward to drinking it every day. The exercise component is important. Even a short walk will help. I made a commitment to exercise four days a week for thirty minutes. It is doable. I find I do have more free time, as I am not holed up alone drinking chardonnay every night. I must say I love feeling clear headed when I wake up and when I go to bed. Amazing.

Hugs,

Deanie

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

I just discovered this website by accident. I was looking up "alcohol and antidepressants" and an ad for this site showed up. I feel like Bec because I too have totalled up how much I drink and it is freaking scary. Plus I am a type 1 diabetic and alcohol wreaks havoc with my blood sugars (serious low blood sugar in the middle of the night and feeling too drunk to get up and get sugar--a nightmare). I have only told one person about my problem and lied repeatedly to my doctor. I feel very uncomfortable going to him for the prescription. Does anyone know a doctor I can go to in South Jersey? How do I find out exactly how much Topamax I should take? The book? Thanks for your support.
                      Lisa

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

I am new

Hi to all on this board. I am not completely new, just new to posting. I have been lurking for months. Have got the book (read it and re-read it), tapes, Kudzo and Topamax (which I brought from abroad and cost me a fortune and because i am on antidepressants and ramipril for baorderline blood pressure, only the very low dosage of 1.25mg per day, I am very wary of taking the topomax). I have no problems with the vitimins and protein suppliment. After all of this I still cant go for more than two or three days without a glass!! or two or three or four of wine. Without wine I feel physically sick. When I open a bottle of wine I feel physically sick, when I have a glass or two of wine instead of a cup of tea in the morning I feel physically sick. So as you can imagine my days are taken up with feeling physically sick. I just wish I could be a "normal" person, able to do things "normal " people do during the day, like going out shopping or walking the dog. I have a part time job which is really demanding and I am able (at the moment) to carry this out. Because of my job I am unable to confide in anybody about my drinking problem. End of job!!!

I am sure there are many of you out there who know exactly how I am feeling. I have had counselling because of my childhood (dad who drank everyday, and mum who hated him and the pressure of having children to look after, sexual abuse and every possible kind of .... well you know).

Sorry for rattling on, but I just felt I needed to get this off my chest.:upset:

Hope you all have a great sober free day.

Kindest regards

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Im with ya!

2Drunk42Long

wrote:
                          Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you know I found this website this morning and I have been reading tons of threads today. I have cried and I have laughed! That tampon box hiding is hysterical- HOWEVER doesnt beat one of my old hiding spaces--- which I will tell later, LOL!

I have wanted to admit my alcoholism to 'someone'- ANYONE- and I feel that after reading today about your group, I am ready to start the process of taking control of my life and my behavior. I need to work on getting healthy!

I have never spoken to anyone about this before. I am scared. I am going to continue to read here. Thank you!
                          I read your letter and cried. I feel the same way and thanks to you Ill follow my deepest intuition which I have been avoiding due to the fact that ( altough I know there are many alcoholics out there) I am afraid of the "staple" people would give me for my behaviour. I must read more, I really hope this helps cuz your all I got.
                          Kelly

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi all.

Am new to posting here. I have read the book and am now in the process of trying to order Topomax, it's hard work has anyone got any pointers?

Comment

Working...
                            X