Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could do with a beer

Hi Kirova,

Yes - I can also relate to the lack of time / stresses of modern life.

Both me and my wife work full time, we have two teenage boys who basically operate as work creation machines.
    (You know the type - they wear a shirt once, throw it in a heap on the rubbish heap they call their bedroom floors when they go to bed at night, get up - cant find shirt in mess - take a clean one out of the wardrobe -find original shirt in a crumpled mess three days later and put it in the laundry.
    Or (or more usually AND!) they decide to come home from school and make themselves a "quick" sandwich - result - I come home from work to find kids sprawled in front of the tv, munching said sandwich , not even changed out of their school clothes - because they have "had a hard day at school"( !?) with a kitchen that now looks like it took a direct hit by a SCUD missile.)

We only have weekends and evenings to do all the domestic stuff - cleaning / shopping / laundry / helping with homework / acting as taxi service for kids various activities etc etc etc.

It is SO easy just to waste the little spare time we have by drinking / vegging out in front of TV.
    Did that for too long - so - I have made my mind up to extract as much "experience" as I can out of every spare minute.
    I get up and hit the gym at 6am some days - or am still in the climbing gym at 10pm coz these are the only time I can fit it in.

My wife and I take equal shares of domestic stuff so we can BOTH fit in SOME enjoyable activities on some evenings of the week.

Yep - I am one of those strange males that CAN operate a washing machine and an iron! - and I am not ashamed to admit it!
    Contrary to common belief - it does not make my little boy bits fall off or make me any less able to climb mountains, SCUBA dive or compete in triathlons.

This trip to the mountains will be my first for several months - so it is not as if I have loads of spare time just to enjoy myself all the time.

Yep - you gotta MAKE these things happen whenever you get the opportunity.

And - when you do - it IS so much more rewarding than "sitting in a numbed out haze in front of the TV - again!)

Go For It

Carpe Diem as they say!

Love

Satori

xxx
    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

could do with a beer

Hi steve,
      Totally agree with chief post will power say no i will not drink today. just take one day at a time do not rush it. good luck.

Satori
      you are very inspiring... your post has hit home for me today. i can remember i use to go out running and have a drink afterwards. but the last 2 years not had the energy to get up and go.
      Just feels like the alcohol has weaken my muscles. life is to short. anyway because its velentines day i will not drink i will just stuff myself with an indian take away.
      getting wasted is not fun no more.:upset: hope the weather holds up for you.

P.s you can do my ironing for me.

Love

Teardrop.x
      family is everything to me

Comment

could do with a beer

Satori, I'm not Cindi.....but

I'd love some pictures of anywhere in Scotland. Maiden name is Bell. Is that the password?
        Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

could do with a beer

I cannot have beer or wine ever again. That really, really sucks....bad. :upset:

Comment

could do with a beer

Ripple,

If you mean you cannot have any insidious, addictive poisonous, mind altering liver damaging relationship breaking liquid that robs many of us of any semblance of a happy normal life............surely that is GOOD

Love

satori

xxx
            "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

could do with a beer

I know satori, what kind of name is that anyway? It's just a matter of giving into oneself. ya know? I'm a genius, i should have known that!

~Ripple~

Comment

Working...
              X