Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's my turn

Day 13 - it's working

Today is such a great new day for me - I told my wife!!! I finally felt ready to let her in and it was great! She was happy for me and relieved. Yes she knew I had a problem and said she was worried my drinking and how it was excessive at times, but felt I was a grown man and wasn't going to bother herself with it sort of gave up trying to reason with a stubborn mule like me!

I thought all my friends here at MWO was wnough pressure to honor my commitment to go AF, well now I have my wife too. She gave me one of the biggest tightest hugs I have had for a long time and I could tell this means a lot to her. I owe so much to everyone here, you all have been my rock.

This is going to be a great day!
    Is Addiction Really a Disease?
    Watch this and find out....
    http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

It's my turn

I am so happy for you! What a tremendous relief and uplift that must have been.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

It's my turn

:thumbs::thumbs:Thanks "4"!! your story is an inspiration !!! I am so glad you told your wife. that was a huge step.
        :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

It's my turn

Welcome 4.... I just found your story and I'm simply stunned at the amazing strength you've found within yourself. Congratulations! :cheering

A tight hug from someone who loves you beyond measure.... that, my friend, is priceless. You are so blessed. ::heart:

Patty
          Tampa, FL

Comment

It's my turn

Day 14 - Trying Real Hard

Yesterday Saturday was hard, not *too* bad but hard enough that it was a bit more of a challenge than I want at this stage of the game. I now have the most extensive collection of herbal teas in the entire county and it is all good.

Woke up today feeling hung-over at least that is the best way to describe it. I didn't expect to feel so blahhhh after 2 weeks AF. Anyone else feel crummy like this after a couple weeks no AL?? I did go to bed later than normal and woke up many time to go to the loo as my buddies here across the pond would say. I hope I'm not getting sick. I'll do my morning sun salutations and see if that helps, I bet it will.

Wow I made it though this weekend! I never would of thunk it!?!

Comment

It's my turn

Maybe you're due for another one of those big hugs from your wife. I'm over 30 days AF now, and feeling a little wary. Not tempted to drink, but wishing I didn't ever think about drinking. Maybe the latter just isn't going to happen for a long time. I need to continue relishing the time and accomplishments that Big Al took away. But I'm a little tired, there are still too many things to do. I think that initial rush of success is over for me.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

It's my turn

How do you post your story?

Comment

It's my turn

Steer: all you have to do is back out of this thread, then look on the top left and there's a "new thread" button. then post away!
                  :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

It's my turn

Big Step Already!

4TBz
                    Wow Big Step Already! It just happens when it's suppose to happen! It feels so good ---- and she knew deep down inside --- and she loves you sooooooo much ---- and she is going to respect you even more --- because you are not perfect - you are real - you are humble - you are doing your best to be authentic and be the best Husband and Father you can be - and ..... Thats all any wife wants. Not a big house in a gated community with a RR to drive and private schools for the kids and the CC membership ...
                    (oh we all think we want those things, but we'd trade them for true love and peace of mind in an instant). I am so very proud of you.

As far as how your feeling ... the first few weeks AF the body seems like it feels good and bad in waves. Like it is purging in stages. Emotionally one day, Physically one day - and then you feel ok one day. Then you start all over. Now since a week ago today (last Monday at day 55 AF) - I have felt very very good every single day. Today is Day 63 AF. In fact - I feel better than I have for 25 years. Will it last? Don't know. but this is day 8 of feeling this good. Everyone is so different - but just giving you my journey. If nothing else - just to keep dragging you through the days!!

Keep taking supplements. They really are my key I believe. I also am exercising 30 to 60 minutes a day. Also doing a MWO Hypno session as per the weekly directions (If you don't have this - I very highly suggest it) Was dead against it for quite a few reasons - but was at my bottom so went for it and now I am considering it a favorite tool)

Hang tight to the rope - don't let go!
                    Liv
                    AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

It's my turn

Hey 4TheBoys.... I got a touch of flu after being AF for about two weeks.... I remember somebody else posting that happened to them, too.... the big joke was that the alcohol was killing all of the germs when you were drinking, and now your body had to fight them on its own... whether it's true or not, I hope you feel better! :l

Stay strong. Keep with the supplements and vitamins. As for the tea, I hear you! I'm reading a book by Ann Louise Gittleman (nutritionist), and she is a big advocate of using spices to jump start your metabolism- cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, cayenne pepper, garlic, cilantro, parsley, mustard, dill... along with cranberry juice, lemon, lime, oranges.... No, I haven't had GARLIC tea, but I have found some lovely combinations of the cinnamon/lemon/cloves to sip on during the day! :h

Patty
                      Tampa, FL

Comment

It's my turn

Liv and Patty, your replies mean a whole lot to me. I am very greatful for all the honest advice and is helping me through the fog and haze of this huge adjustment to my life. Step by step, piece by piece, it is all moving in the right direction, I'm truly mazed by all the support here.

Big hugs all around! :hug:

Comment

It's my turn

oops

wowe - I had to go back up and do some editing - the topa sure does a number on my brain to keyboard skills..... liv
                          AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

It's my turn

Day 16

Gee, I've been awfully quiet these past few days. It's not that I don't have much of anything to say, it is just that I have been trying to fully evaluate how I feel today. I feel good, not *great*, I am not Jonesing for my vodka for the 1st time in 16 days and that is *great* in fact a much overdue break from the stress of fighting urges.

Is this the calm before the storm? I guess I am anticipating some seismic eruption of desire for AL and I hope I am prepared if or when that ever does come. I do feel calm tonight, not relaxed but relieved. So far I feel lucky.

Comment

It's my turn

Hi there Boyz,
                              I'm still among your friends here, following your story and proud of you. Any accomplishments in your new-found time that Big AL used to consume? Those things always lift my spirits.
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

It's my turn

Juliana,

Thanks for asking and as hard as it is to review my past behavior and admit my shortcomings, I am very actively involved in my boys scouting programs and these past 2 weeks I have found myself much more mentally engaged with the boys. Mostly because I always had a glass of wine at dinner before meetings and consciously/subconsciously I knew the drinking during those meetings was so wrong. So I am relishing these new sober AF moments and pat myself on the back for doing the right thing since these kids so deserve it.

I'm also having very clear and concise discussions with my boys and they are coming at a critical time in their lives and I shudder at all the missed opportunities in the recent past. I am readressing many shelved projects at work and slowly realizing the effect of my neglect all my hazy mornings has had there.

My guitar playing has never been better and I have been sitting down at our piano and playing my old songs. It is heartbreaking to hear my boys comment "Dad, we haven't heard you play piano in so long, it's great that you are again"

What a waste this last year has been but as they say better later than never and I have never been happier or more grateful for my sobriety!

Comment

Working...
                                X