Panic Attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panic Attacks

I've been getting panic attacks lately. Not full blown ones, but the beginning of the feeling. I even drank this weekend just so I wouldn't have to face them. They are happening at home alone, when I'm w/Joe, now at work. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow and see if he can prescribe something.

If you have ever experienced one, you know it's horrible. I don't want to get to that point again, last time I didn't sleep for four days and ended up in the hospital, where they sedated me and when I woke I was fine.

Weird huh?

Panic Attacks

I get them too. It is horrendous! You feel like you are dying.

Comment

Panic Attacks

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

Yep hart can relate, full blown ones can last for up too 8-9 hours and nothing stops them. The next day my body feels worse than having a hangover. Some say alcohol related, but was AF for over 5 years and still had them. Not sure what the answer is, but if anyone knows how to stop them, please feel free to post on this thread.
      Aunty Vic

Comment

Panic Attacks

Victory;283961 wrote: Yep hart can relate, full blown ones can last for up too 8-9 hours and nothing stops them. The next day my body feels worse than having a hangover. Some say alcohol related, but was AF for over 5 years and still had them. Not sure what the answer is, but if anyone knows how to stop them, please feel free to post on this thread.
        Aunty Vic
        I am person who has suffered from panic attacks since i was 20. they can be very scary once you learn to deal with them...i would love to offer how i overcame panic attacks...now alcohol is next..

Comment

Panic Attacks

PA's are not fun at all. My entire body would rash out. I thought it to be menopause related and from alcohol, but now I don't get them? No more bloody and I stopped bottle almost 5 months ago?

I dunno Hart, hope you get those PA's under control dear. :h

~ripple~

Comment

Panic Attacks

When i first realized that i was going to die from having a panic attack was the first time i crossed the bridge....it was a wonderful bridge to cross..i have one last bridge to cross...

Comment

Panic Attacks

viking1975;283981 wrote: When i first realized that i was going to die from having a panic attack was the first time i crossed the bridge....it was a wonderful bridge to cross..i have one last bridge to cross...
              not going to die..sorry..lol

Comment

Panic Attacks

I have never had a real panic attack but I have heard they are awful and I have been with people when they have them.

Depression, shakes, panic attacks,,,,,, all this stuff seems to plague us in our states.

Comment

Panic Attacks

Croft;283987 wrote: I have never had a real panic attack but I have heard they are awful and I have been with people when they have them.

Depression, shakes, panic attacks,,,,,, all this stuff seems to plague us in our states.
                  After reading about them soo much being a person who does still suffer with them at times...it's just a chemical reaction in your brain..where it's the flight or fight response...your body and mind is going nuts...and your mind is right in the middle of it....all you want to do when you have one is fight a safe place...i learned to start breathing...quitting my alcohol abuse will be another great start...anxiety and depression and panic attacks seem to go hand in hand with alcoholism...i am alcoholic because of my panic attacks...but...i have managed to control panic attacks..i don't want to control alcoholism..i want to end it...i can deal with panic attacks..they won't kill me..alcohol will

Comment

Panic Attacks

hart
                    I really feel for you after given birth a few times (havn't we all) and losing a few babies along the way I can really put my hand on my heart and say that there is nothing more scary even than the above then having a panic attack, especially when you are on your own. I have no answers for you because I am still experiencing them almost daily, the drink takes them away for me but I hope and pray that you will find another way

Lisax

Comment

Panic Attacks

I really want to help anyone suffering from PA's

it's such a miserable feeling...they suck...they are embarrasing...as a man..they are even more embarrasing...i'm not embarrased i have panic attacks..i'm more embarrsed that i'm drunk as well

Comment

Panic Attacks

LisaL;283996 wrote: hart
                        I really feel for you after given birth a few times (havn't we all) and losing a few babies along the way I can really put my hand on my heart and say that there is nothing more scary even than the above then having a panic attack, especially when you are on your own. I have no answers for you because I am still experiencing them almost daily, the drink takes them away for me but I hope and pray that you will find another way

Lisax
                        Aww lisa...i'm gonna help you out...if your having them everyday..i'm gonna help you...i was there once....i want to help everyone suffering threw them...

Comment

Panic Attacks

Hart: PA's SUCK. I have only had full-blown ones when I was about 18, an insane partier and mixed alcohol with "speed." But I do suffer from anxiety. My sister does have full-blown PA's, always in her sleep; she wakes up screaming having dreamed she was dying. She is VERY anti-med but finally started taking something, I can find out if you want. I really think low doses of certain meds can be really helpful .
                          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Panic Attacks

I've had panic/anxiety attacks since my early 20s and I'm now 56. They are why I started really drinking in the first place. I'd LOVE to hear how to get rid of them.
                            Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Panic Attacks

hi all

i don't want to seem rude or anything..but i want to give some light on i overcame panic attacks..i accepted them...i learned that i have them...and it'll never go away...but i'm at peace with them now...that was the biggest bridge i crossed...they come from my own failures inside as a person...i so want to be a man soo much...be a loving man...a provider...and be the kinda guy a woman wants..i drove myself crazy over the years...alcoholism and panic attacks and anxiety come from the same place to me...our insecurity with our own skin

Comment

Working...
                              X