NEED HELP ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEED HELP ASAP

I agree with Trixie that it is " Too Good To Be True " Unfortunately, it is simply calories in verses calories out. That simple... If you can gradually do a half hour of cardio 4 or 5 times a week, some weights and abs, you are going to bump up that metabolism BIG TIME !!! Couple this with as you say Hippie, portion control, you will reach your goals... Slowly but steadily is the key... All the best, we are all pullin' for ya

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

NEED HELP ASAP

Ok I'm starting to get a better understanding of this all now and found some real good tips on high protein foods, what fats are actually good for me and which aren't, plus some supplements I MAY need to take as well. Sugar and Starches are definitely a NO go in my book and a daily high protein, low carb food intake is something I am swaying towards. I also, on further reading, have to agree with this idea of long cardiovascular workouts being a myth to loosing the flab. I won't go into detail or cite quotes from doctors/authors etc I just know I feel positive about intense short periods of training that don't last longer than 10/15 mins. I'm not taking the easy option either I just believe this to be the way forward as far as exercise goes. I've compared a few training 'routes' and thanks to a PM from a friend I have become positive in this approach towards it.

One thing I am not sure about is Bread!. What is the best bread to eat and obviously the best spread to use on it. I was reading that certain trans fats need to be avoided and a lot can be found in margarine. I usually use a product called 'Clover' which states on the container that it contains NO HYDROGENATED OILS which I think is safe to use but if a suggestion of something else can be made then I'm more than willing to try it.

Thanks again for your continued support.

Love and Happiness
      Hippie
      xx
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

NEED HELP ASAP

Now that I've gotten alcohol out of my diet, I want to lose a few pounds. I am eating a fruit or vegetable every two hours. Then when it is time for a meal, I don't eat much because I'm not feeling hungry. I've lost 3 pounds this way (just over a kg?). I walk at least a mile every day. That is a lot for me because I have a disability which makes walking more difficult than it is for most people my age.

Diets don't work. The best books I have read for controlled weight and healthy eating are Volumetrics and Mindless Eating. In Defense of Food is also very good and enlightening.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

NEED HELP ASAP

Hello Hippie, myself I eat Dempster all-grain bread. There are many varieties but I like the flax one. Omega 3 fatty acids are important for good health. As for margarine, I don't butter my bread but if I do use a teaspoon of it on hotair popped popcorn, I use a non-hydrogenated margarine. It is a no-name. Wish I could help you out more on that... what about becel brand? isn't that a healthy choice? You may have to go to your store and label read. Here in Ontario Canada, we have a dummy proof health check on heart healthy items. Also, I like the calorie reduced (fat reduced) peanut butter. It is a healthy fat. All the best in your physical excercise. I do hope that you don't cut out whole grains, brown rice, lentils, whole wheat pasta, oatmeal, barley,mixed vegetables etc. Our bodys need healthy carbs just for our brain... Do be careful about cutting out carbs. When we lose weight on a count of your body going into ketosis, sure it is weight loss. Then as we eat even low calorie, but normal again that weight will be gained back and usually honestly more. That is why so many people men and women become yo yo dieters. The wisest and most effective weight to lose weight in a healthy manner is to eat a well balanced, healthy diet and add in excercise (which you are doing... yahooo !! ) sorry for the lecture, but I really want the best for you Hippie. All the best to you. Keep it Simple. Keep it healthy.

Comment

NEED HELP ASAP

Awesome dowjbw !!!!! You have the right idea !!!!

Comment

NEED HELP ASAP

Hippie---
              Lots of great advice here! My :cents----My favorite books on this subject are:
              "You, On a Diet" by Drs. Roizen & Oz, "Flip the Switch" by Robert Cooper, and "The Best Life Diet" by Bob Greene. I also did Weight Watchers Online and this was a great way to learn what types of foods were ok to eat. Exercise (Walking) is key. I'm not a great one to talk, I really slacked off this winter, and I figured when I cut out the 1000 extra calories a day I was consuming in beer, that I could eat whatever I wanted. WRONG! Time for me to get back on track, so I will be checking in here with you guys!!!
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

NEED HELP ASAP

Hey Mimi, come and join us on the workout partner thread... even if it is simply a 10 minute walk one day... We would love to have more people join us for the moral... I LOVE all the Books you have just referred to... They are what I believe is the perfect way to lose the weight you need, and to keep it off afterwards. Keep it Healthy, Keep it Simple... Thanks for sharing

Comment

NEED HELP ASAP

tkeene;286703 wrote: Hippie darling, I would love to help you, but first you must answer what the hec a stone is equal to? LOL

Diets don't work...just eat well, small portions and treat yourself occasionally and excercise!! Just eat less of what you like to eat (not MCd's and fries) but whatever it is you like, only less.

If you try to diet, you will feel hungry and cheated and that could spell trouble.

Now back to the stone thing??? t.
                  Hello, TKeene

A "stone" is a British weight measure - it equals 14 pounds. I used to be stationed in England, at a Royal Air Force (RAF) base, which is why I know about it. There is a historical explanation to the term, but I forgot it,

francophone

Comment

NEED HELP ASAP

I once saw a show where everything was say 12 stone, 8 lbs... now wouldn't be a heck of alot easier to just say .... ohhh I don't have a calculator with me... but you kinda get the jest of it? x amount of pounds, period. hmmm... So francophone, you stopped by will you be staying here with us.. We would love to have some more workout partners.. Where are you from? Somewhere like paris or Montreal perhaps,,, Maybe Quebec? Take care

Comment

Working...
                    X