Is moderation really possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a newbee. I have ordered the book and tapes and I am awaiting their arrival.

I would like to know how successful people are with moderation. It seems that 1 drink just wets the appetitie for another. I'd love to have a glass of wine socially, but I'm afraid I won't stop at 1.

Thanks,
    Rose

Hi Rose, I am fairly new to the programme and am going for abstinance to start off with as a month is recommended before you start trying for moderation. There is a moderation event happening at the moment and if you read back on the boards you will see some really great stories from people who have been on the programme for 6 months or more. All I can suggest is keep reading. Have you read the book yet? well worth a read. Good Luck

Comment

Hi Rose,

I'm 'working' the May Moderation and it's been a great learning experience. All days don't go perfectly as planned but it's been possible for me to reflect as to why I went over my limit.

The abstinence program seems to be the best way to start and then working the other aspects of the program into your life piece by piece.

Keep reading and figure out how you can start incorporating change into your life. Welcome and I hope you find MWO as valuable as so many of us have.

Comment

Hi Rose, I know what you mean about 1 drink just wetting the appetite...But since doing this program, & taking the topa, I really feel like I can have a couple & not have it turn into a whole bottle of wine, or every beer in the fridge!
        In fact for the first time (that I can remember):lol , I have a big bottle of wine in my fridge...unopened, it's been there for a few days... 3 or 4 ? that never would've happened before. There's also a 12pk, that's been there for a couple of weeks! I think I've had 2 beers out of it. My Hubby can't believe it. I'm not even drinking his!:rollin
        So yeah, I'd say it's possible. I wouldn't have thought so 6 mo. ago!

Comment

The answer is Yes. Too tired to go into it tonight. Get the book. Read it Believe it. Foolow the program. It works.

Comment

Absolutely...at least for me...this is day 6 and only on 25 mg of topa. I did not do the 30 abs but ordered a glass of wine with dinner last night and couldn't even finish half of it. I left a more than half full glass of wine on the table when we left. SHOKING!!!! A week ago I would have guzzled every last drop!

I'm dosing up to 50 mgs tomorrow...I have NO craving for any type of alcohol and was hoping to be able to drink moderately but I don't think I even want to anymore. I told my fiance that I hoped I wasn't becoming "dull" as my personality is a little flat right now.

Comment

Working...
            X