was it the kudzu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was it the kudzu?

Went to gym 5:30 AM to meet trainer. No hangover, had enough sleep, although that is damn early and I was really tired. Had smoothie and supps. right before. But added kudzu. Struggled through the whole thing. Light headed feeling like either faint or puke. I kept mentioning that I felt wierd but he pushed me through it. I finally had to quit a rep midstream. Home and back to bed. Finally did puke at 7:30 after trying to resist for quite a while (hate to loose those supps).
    Could it have been the kudzu? That was the only change in the mix of things. I have not been good about taking as it seems it is never where I am. I will put some in an addtional cantainer to have some at work and at home. I see that the book says mid morning and lunch, but I see people here take it whenever.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

was it the kudzu?

Nevermind. I don't think so based on some recent info.
    sigpic

Comment

was it the kudzu?

I can't take too many supplements before working out and i definitely can't drink a smoothie before. Actually "they" say that if you work out first thing in the morning, not to eat until about a half an hour after workout. That is when your body burns the most fat. I would wait until you get home after your workout, drink a smoothie and take your supps. I would lke to hear anyone elses opinions.
      :hCheryl

Comment

was it the kudzu?

Well shoot, sailor! Trainer (also registered nutritionist, whatever that means) says don't show up without eating breakfast and taking supps first. Smoothie is all I can handle in AM and I actually finish it or even start it in his office with the pill parade on his desk as he quizzes me about my protien intake between sessions. GAK!
        sigpic

Comment

was it the kudzu?

My trainer used to tell me it was ideal to roll out of bed and hit the treadmill and eat after working out. even when I did ballet in my teens the instructor would never allow us to eat before class, too many pukers, HTH : )
          Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
          - George Jackson

Comment

was it the kudzu?

Well... I might have to rethink this. Not everybody is alike. Puking up my supps Is not what I had in mind. TAKING them at 5 AM is not what I had in mind either. :H I think I'll try empty stomach and lie. I'll wear a bandana to cove the neon "LIAR" thing on y forehead.
            sigpic

Comment

was it the kudzu?

I have done both... I have found time and time again that I literally hit a brick wall if I do a workout without breakfast.. I can feel the "CRASH".... For me I have to eat... I usually eat during the day every 3 hours. I have a full, I mean FULL breakfast. It is my largest meal. Most often times it will be leftovers from last nights supper.. I know it is weird, but I've always eaten strange breakfasts. Sometimes I'll have cereal, but not just any type of cereal. It will be 'Go Lean" by Kashi,...high in protein and I will but a banana on top with skim milk. I'll then also have a glass of skim milk to wash down my supps.
              I think that even if you have a small dish of yogurt it is better than nothing in the morning before a workout... everybody is different though.. all the best and hope you find what works for you.

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

was it the kudzu?

Niblet, I have no breakfast rules. One of my favorites is cold leftover spaghetti. I set some aside and hubby knows not to touch it. It's just new (and difficult) for me to eat at 5 AM. I think it's stress, odd sleep patterns, etc. I think it'll level out. Hope so anyway. I don't think it was the kudzu. Corresponded with RJ about it.
                sigpic

Comment

was it the kudzu?

greeneyes;297910 wrote: Nevermind. I don't think so based on some recent info.
                  that is a lot of stuff to put in your belly before a work out, you have to give your body some time to dissolve the stuff before working out. take your supps after the workout. drink an apple juice to give you a bit of energy or take a small bit of a protein bar.

no spaghetti bbefore a work out yuck!
                  You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

was it the kudzu?

At 5AM all I can handle is a smoothie and the powder. Maybe you're right about the supps. Take them with some toast or something when I get home. I'll try that. Thanks
                    sigpic

Comment

was it the kudzu?

Have you tried the powder with V8 juice (spicy is my fave)?
                      :hCheryl

Comment

was it the kudzu?

If you hit a brick wall mid workout you could sip some Gatorade during the workout. I would also recommend it if you happen to wake up with a hangover, not that you would, I'm just sayin......it's happened to me
                        Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                        - George Jackson

Comment

was it the kudzu?

Supplements before a work out ? Not such a good idea. Just the thought of it is making me gag. Just have water or a glass of juice for some quick energy. Eat afterwards.

Live and learn......but great job getting up at the early hour and going for a workout :thumbs: Keep it up !!
                          Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

was it the kudzu?

So Thursday I had almonds for breakfast. 20 to be exact as he said I had to have that amount VS cheese or yogurt.. I was feeling smart - got that one of five protien servings out of the way. I get quizzed on what I'm consuming. Trainer looks at me and says "What did I tell you to eat before you came here? What do your muscles need for this work out?" DUH is best how I can describe my facial expression. It's sugar! I'm supposed to have sugar. Not bad sugar, of course, so back to the fruit smoothie plan and supps when I finish.
                            sigpic

Comment

was it the kudzu?

Greenie- My trainer at my gym used to recommend 1/2 a banana before working out... do you like them?
                              Healthy, happy sugar :banana:

Patty
                              Tampa, FL

Comment

Working...
                              X