Wow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow

I'm new to the site and I'm scared out of my mind. I just want to be normal again. I used to be a fit, healthy and quite happy person and now almost six years later since I started this downward spiral, I'm depressed, I'm teary-eyed and I'm struggling with alcohol. What's normal? being healthy and fit. Not caring if I have a glass of wine or not. Stopping at one drink instead of polishing off a bottle because there's still another glass left in there. Wow - how did this happen?

I somehow stumbled on this site and I NEED this to work. Reading the posts today made me decide that somehow I can turn this around. I need though to get through the first 30 days and I was wondering if someone would help me. I've tried so many times and failed so many times and I'm absolutely sick of myself and tired of feeling so deeply ashamed.

Thank-you.
    sr

Wow

Sure, I'll help you. Where you wanna start? I would suggest you buy the book and read it as fast as you can. If you need a pal to chat with, I'll keep an eye on this thread. I'm new to all of this too, but pretty good at beating addictions once I set my mind to it

Marty

Comment

Wow

What age are you mate?

I am 21 and have been down and out for a while now..

Comment

Wow

21 Is much too young to be down and out. I know, I felt that way at 25. Life does get better. I know when you're at that point, it's hard to see and you hate to hear people like me say what I'm saying right now, but it is true and the only thing you can do is take that first step toward normalcy. Happy drunk speaking from experience here... Actually, I have had many vices in the past and eliminating problem drinking from my life is one of my final steps. I have achieved success personally and financially but still remember the ugly places that you are speaking from at this moment. If there is anything I can do, any experience from my past I can share, I will. Hang in there and get started on this program

Marty

Comment

Wow

wow

loss infinity -
          No problem I will keep an eye on this thread as well - how you doing so far - be honest but don't be too hard on yourself. I've only been going for a week or so 5 dry days 2 wet evenings but a big improvement, will look to fully engage when book arrives and I purchase relevant products.

Comment

Working...
          X