Bear quotes ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bear quotes ...

I joined after being able to benefit from Bear's kind words and wisdom directly, but have spent the morning reading his posts he wrote to everyone ... he quoted others and put his own words together which are quotable ... let's put them in one place

?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

?It isn?t the destination that is important, it is the journey?.

Bear quotes ...

That is a great way to honor him.
    Can anyone else write about their experience with Bear? This will be MWO memorial service for Bear

Comment

Bear quotes ...

Not a qoute but for Mrs B and Bears family at this moment in time

W. H. Auden

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
      Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
      Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
      Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
      Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead,
      Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
      Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
      My working week and my Sunday rest,
      My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
      I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
      Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
      Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
      For nothing now can ever come to any good.

good did come though he touched many souls as some have said ride on bear

Comment

Bear quotes ...

Bear always told me, "The only way you will fail is if you quit trying."
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Bear quotes ...

"I am thankful for another chance at life."

bear
          Is Addiction Really a Disease?
          Watch this and find out....
          http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Bear quotes ...

I've got two.....they are both from my Abstinence Pledge or ODAT thread......they really hit home with me and helped to get me where I am today. I urge everyone, all newbies especially, to read that thread. Thank you Bear.

"If I were trying to pick out a word to describe why I am able to stay sober and my cravings are gone it would be SURRENDER. Quit trying to control something, which is uncontrollable. Become a new person. Drinking is not an option for me. Nothing is more important than my sobriety. NOTHING. Everything in my life I love and cherish would once again be nothing if I were drunk again. If I have to give up my job, my house, my car, even my wife; I must not drink. If I were to start drinking I would lose them all anyway. This sobriety is the kinder gentler way."

Janicexxx
            AF since 9 May 2012
            Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Bear quotes ...

And the other....which I find very moving, it could be his epitaph.

"I am glad to see someone get something out of what I have learned from experience. In acutallity, I really do live ODAT, but what I have learned about ODAT is not to worry about the future, and don't hold regrets about your past. Today is all we have and we might as well live it like it is our last day. I believe in the saying "yesterday is gone, and tomorrow may never come." I know we have to take care of our responsibiities...pay bills, buy groceries, etc. But we can be thankful for the day God has given us, and live "today" as if it is our last day. Live, love, and dance; life is a blessing and was ment to be lived to the fullest every day. living life on life's terms isn't easy, but it is simple.

I do love you all, and wish you all the best."

Janicexxx
              AF since 9 May 2012
              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Bear quotes ...

I don't have any brilliant personal remembrances, just an overall memory of a warm, supportive, and loving man. Reading these lines brings me comfort. Thanks.
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Bear quotes ...

As many of us have been doing, I have been reading some of Bears post's. Here is one example of his wonderful sense of humor! This was posted in March of this year............

He didn't like the casserole
                  And he didn't like my cake.
                  He said my biscuits were too hard...
                  Not like his mother used to make.
                  I didn't perk the coffee right
                  He didn't like the stew,
                  I didn't mend his socks
                  The way his mother used to do.
                  I pondered for an answer
                  I was looking for a clue.
                  Then I turned around and smacked him
                  The way his mother used to do.
                  A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Bear quotes ...

bump come on guys he has touch us all think

Comment

Bear quotes ...

Quote from Bear; (May 1, 2008)

"Staying sober is more important than anything else I do; because if I start drinking again I will lose everything anyway.
                      As long as I do whatever it takes to stay sober, I can enjoy the life I am living. To me no matter how bad things are, if I drink I can always make them worse.

You can do this, and it will change your life for the better."

This is my favorite, I read and remember it often! So sad now to read and think it was only two weeks ago and he lost his life....
                      Love & Hugs to all,
                      Bambi
                      "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

Bear quotes ...

We just celebrated Bears 1 year of sobriety, we were all telling him HAPPY B-DAY and some got a little confused thinking it was his REAL b-day......he clairified it by saying "It isn't my belly button birthday", I thought that was so funny. He always made us laugh.
                        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Bear quotes ...

I found this on a post he made when he was only weeks into sobriety. I find it very comforting to know he had such faith.

I am not overly religious, but I have to believe something larger than me is steering this ship.
                          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Bear quotes ...

A now very relevant PM - from June '07:

Thanks for the PM frog. I wish I could snatch away everyone's alcoholism. There are so many good people here. Some of them will die if they cannot stop. That breaks my heart. I really appreciate the support. And I might add, I think you are a hoot.
                            bear

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by tawnyfrog
                            I just want to say what a nice, calm, supportive presence you are on the "30 Days" thread - and of course other threads.

I really enjoy your input and humour. Thank you.

Comment

Bear quotes ...

here's a link to Bear's posts
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/se...earchid=353409

Comment

Working...
                              X