Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired of being tired

Hi,
    I have been here for a year or so snooping in and out..and once again here I am..
    I am so tired of this rollercoater ride..why do we do things one minute that make us have so much fun, knowing we will pay for it later??? Its almost like I dread the weekends because I know I will be drinking..Hmm does that make sense? What scares me more than anything,at times I drive under the influence..WHO The hell am I to do that? I guess I am looking to talk with ppl who also go through what I am...am am so tired of being tired..:upset:

Tired of being tired

Bunky
    welcome. Do you mean drive undre the influence? We have all been in your shoes. Please stick around. We will all help you the best we can.

Comment

Tired of being tired

you are not alone

I am tired of being sick, of isolating from family and friends who didn't drink like I did. I am tired of losing jobs and homes, and of disappointing my family. I could go on and on....Welcome. There is alot of understanding, wisdom, and support here. I look forward to reading your posts and perhaps we could catch up in live chat sometime.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Tired of being tired

Bunky,

Many people can relate to how you feel. I have been tired of living a life I'm not living for years.

Perhaps you can stick around longer this time around. Maybe that will help motivate you. You never know when you will read something that will just "click" for you. I find these people to be very supportive and inspirational.

Do you have the book?

Good luck! We are here for you.

Love, Me
        :l
        Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Tired of being tired

Hey, Bunky - it was good to chat last night - keep posting! Ummm... driving under the influence, can say I'm guilty of that too. Once I sobered up at work and had to go out on break to check if I'd driven and where of course I'd parked the car. Stick around.
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Tired of being tired

Driving under the influence is something Ive done on a regular basis.. and often with my child in the car too,which is absolutely awful.
            Sometimes I wish for the police to pull me over, so I can get a ban and maybe that would make me 'wake up' to the danger im putting myself, my child and everyone round me.
            ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Tired of being tired

Oh I cringe with shame when I think of how many times I have got behind the steering wheel when under the influence and isin't funny how I don't need my glasses when I've been drinking .... actually not funny at all just plain STUPID! I don't miss those moments!!!
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Tired of being tired

DeeBee;359581 wrote: Oh I cringe with shame when I think of how many times I have got behind the steering wheel when under the influence and isin't funny how I don't need my glasses when I've been drinking .... actually not funny at all just plain STUPID! I don't miss those moments!!!
                Hey, hey - I actually had to take my glasses off to see better when drunk.
                Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Tired of being tired

thank you for all your comments.
                  I do need to buy the book, and trying to figure out which suppl. to get..Great chatting with you too Vlad
                  I have been going into chat..but when I do hardly anyone is ever there...

Comment

Tired of being tired

I'm on chat now and I can see you're online.

Comment

Tired of being tired

Help lives here ....WELCOME :welcome::welcome::welcome:
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Tired of being tired

Evielou

Are u ok?
                        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Tired of being tired

Seacailin, are u asking if I am ok? I am a bit better...I was reading up on all the differ suppl/presc to try...interested in antabuse but the side effects scare me..is this something I get through my GP?

Comment

Tired of being tired

I am so sorry Bunky. I have been where you are for so many years. And I made excuses for it for so many years just like you are now.

I'm sorry. I'm the bitch from nowhere. You are feeling sorry and thinking about all of this but not doing anything about this. Sorry to be the bitch, but what exactly are you doing? TODAY. I was a drunk driver for over twenty years often with my kids in the car. I'm not the least bit proud of it. I thank God every day I didn't kill anyone else or my children. Now that I have been sober for a few years I realize what I did.

I may sound now like a hard nose. But I am kind. I was there for so long and understand. It has to stop. It is so fucking hard but you know it really can be done. It is so much better than a lifetime of the booze. I know. I lived it. You are endangering other people's lives. Your beautiful children. Innocent people. Wake up and smell the coffee. I know I didn't listen to anyone at the time I was a big time alkie. I hated people who tried to talk sense into me. But I figure you are here for a reason. Hopefully you are you here because you much smarter than me and are seeking help and advice while you can still can accept it.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Just stay on the path. One step at a time. First step - don't drink and drive. Download RJ's book, take the supps, hang around here and go from there.

Good luck.
                            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Tired of being tired

hi bunk i think its ok to drink or not but i think folks like ue hav to be tot how to moderate just like when you lerned how to ride a bike you drove it all the time like when you buy a new car you drive it all the time so we have to concentrate on the boosin mine got me to a sanitarium this last march hurd lots of horror stories dont even think i belonged there but it happened the worst of rhe worst think your sane and in a mental hospital because someone at work smells boose on you psychiatrist says treatment mite help then its all up to you hope this helps we can keeo writin but i hope this helps gyco

Comment

Working...
                              X