What level is okay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What level is okay?

I'm sure this question has been asked before, in fact recently by WIP The Importance of Alcohol thread, which by the way was incredible and very thought provoking. It made me wonder, and after reading some of the responses I guess it depends on the person. For me, although I hope to be AF one day, I am excited to be in control. I don't start until after 8pm and keep it within 2-3 glasses of wine. Yes AF would be better but we all have to do the best we can to get to that point. I will not give up, and I will not count days, it is from now on. I am stronger for being here. I know it, my son knows it. I went to the health store today, he proudly told the clerk "My Mom doesn't drink anymore" I wanted to cry I was so proud. I WILL BE AF. Thanks for listening and all the support I get here...you are
    all amazing:h
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

What level is okay?

That's a good question Alaska. I don't think the answer lies in any number. I know of people who drink every night - in the case I'm thinking of, it's always just one Sun.-Thurs., and no more than 3 on Sat. and Sun. I know that if someone were to approach him and say you can't have any alcohol for the next month, he'd probably shrug and say ok. He doesn't have a problem with alcohol. And there are others who can drink once and it launches them into a binge or a breakdown in control. Tell that person there's no booze for 30 days and they're anxious and on edge (of course, unless they're part of the MWO community . . .).

The point? How much does AL get into your head? What control does it exert on you? Can you take it or leave it? I believe it's along this line that we determine the extent of our problem. And even when we think we know how much we can safely handle, the posts are full of those of us whose quest for a reasonable mod level is fraught with challenges. I am reminded of Audrey Kishline who started the Moderation Management program. Even she came to realize she couldn't mod and sought the help of AA. I'm still holding out hope that I will be able to mod, though I have no idea how that will eventually look. I expect to learn from others and my own experience.

Very thought provoking question.

V.

Comment

What level is okay?

I dont know the answer as i can not mods, but waht you have shared about your child touches my heart.
      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

What level is okay?

I was pretty involved with Moderation Management about 10-12 yrs ago. Audrey really spiraled out of control, unfortunately -- she drove drunk and killed a man and his daughter.

Comment

What level is okay?

Oh my, how sad. I wish I could say i have never taken that risk...I cannot:upset: One more reason we must all stay on the right path
          :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

What level is okay?

The medical recommendation is no more than 7 drinks per week for a woman (5 oz of wine = 1 drink). Moderation managements recommendation is no more than 2 drinks per day and no more than 2 days in a row drinking. It is good to hear you have managed to cut down, keep it up.

Comment

Working...
            X