Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kind of amazing statistic I just read...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Research has found more than 40 percent of college students reported at least one symptom of alcohol abuse or dependence. One study has estimated more than 500,000 full-time students at four-year colleges suffer injuries each year related in some way to drinking, and about 1,700 die in such accidents."

While all of the above (on MSN) is disturbing, I think that 40% of college kids are maybe on their way to alcoholism is pretty incredible!

I guess I was one of those statistics... and ended up coming here for help some 30 years later!!

I'll have 30 days this Thurs. I really am feeling better, sleeping better (and others have noticed I've been more "here"; I guess before I wasn't all here - ugh). I think the sleep part is Wonderful! Actually have slept thru the night the past week like NORMAL people do! Wooo hooo!

Anyway, good luck to you all!

:thumbs:"
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

That is a scary statistic!

Congrats on your 30 days - I am on day 2 (again) and hope to be posting that I have stayed AF for 30 +

"All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

It may sound strange, but I believe those stats.
      Kids are encouraged to use alcohol, but very taught little about the effects and outcomes. I remember thinking at that age....Not me. I'll be OK. Then I quickly reached the point where I didn't care if I were OK or not.

Well done on your AF days savon19. It just gets better and better

Comment

Working...
      X