Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

Hello all Modders to come today
    Its Sat night 18th here and I will probably be in bed by the time y?all get moving. I survived my trip in the plane even though it was the teeniest tiniest plane I ever saw ? it was called a tom tit so that?ll give you an idea how small it was - it only took 6 people including the pilot and it most definitely didn?t have any arm rests!. It was so small you had to climb on the wing to get in. I was hyperventilating ? and I prayed to every god known to mankind. It was very lucky I was wearing my nappy! Had a great few days away with 5 other girls. We stayed in a holiday house (they are called baches here) right next to a surf beach and we walked, talked, swam ate and read books. We tramped through the bush to a natural hot spring coming out of the ground and we lolled in that for ages marvelling at nature. We lit a big outside fire at night and sat around it wrapped in blankets talking about life and bitching about the husbands. I will try and upload some photos if I can Great Barrier Island is such a beautiful spot ? not to be confused with Great Barrier Reef!. Both myself and one of the others had given up smoking since last time we went a year ago and she said with not smoking she was drinking way less than previously. I was first to bed for a change and after I had my allotted two glasses of wine with dinner I didn?t need or want any more. A miracle indeed. Anyway nuff about me glad to see we have a few more in our mod squad and look forward to getting to know you all. Have a good weekend.
    BH

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

Hey BH, your holiday sounds amazing. I am very jealous (not of the plane though ) Sounds like you did great on the modding too! I think holidays can be difficult to stay in control but they are much better if you do!
    Have a great day all to come and see yas later x
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

Hey starting
      Yes it was amazing and all the more so hangover free and smoke free. When I think of all the good time I wasted being wasted. Still no regrets better late than never.
      You sure are an early riser. I love being up early these days. I used to be on my way home the time I get up now.
      Glad to hear you got nice weather today so have a good one. Catch you later
      BH

Comment

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

Yay BH, you're back and in one piece.

The holiday sounds bliss, can't wait to see some pics. Well done with the modding. Holidays are tricky as there is so much relaxing time it is easy to loose track, so job well done.

Welcome back, we've missed you:-)
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

Morning Starting, well it's just gone afternoon now.

What you up to this weekend?
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

Hi all,
            Just my a.m. log in. I am supposed to be at the church in 10 min., and I still need to dry my hair, brush my teethe etc. Be well, enjoy the day!
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

Happy weekend!!

I have got lots planned this weekend, I must keep myself busy and away from AL.
              My parents and my sister are coming up today to spend the night with me. We are going to dinner and then the theatre, which I am really excited about as I love any sort of live performance. We are going to watch a tribute to the King (Elvis) & Queen (Freddy Mercury) so it should be a foot tapping eveing.
              I am planning on having ONE glass of wine at dinner and then my Mum and I will have a nightcap of Cape Velvet. My Mum does not drink AL at all but she loves Cape Velvet so it will be a treat.

Vladster, you must be relieved the week is over with? What are you up to this weekend - anything interesting planned? BTW what has happened with your car... is it fixed yet?

Peri, did you get a good night sleep last night? How is peri-menopausal peri-winkle today?

Lila, I can relate to being embarressed to ask for help financially. When funds are tight with me I hate even asking hubby to chip in I used to earn a whack of a salary but I gave up the job to be at home for my daughter as I used to travel extensively. And although it was my decision, hubby was keen for me to do it and now I have a great job that doesn't pay as well but he still seems to think that I am a money tree.
              How are you doing today? Today is a new day, new goals.... get the Kudzu out.

Gyco, I read on another thread that you are still mod - great job!! Now come back and visit us.

Sun, good on you for recognising when you're tired your mod rules don't apply. The HALT accronym works well for me when that hits... I check to see am I HUNGRY (that's normally the case) ANGRY (not often) LONELY (I often replace lonely with BORED) TIRED (not often the reason).
              Grape pie sounds interesting, do you buy it or make it?

Hi Starting and Ducky, what's news?

Comment

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

hi everyone

So, BH, where are you in the world exactly? A small plane would have scared me!
                Hi DeeBee - yes, staying busy is probably important. I was home for the day yesterday at about 3:30, and automatically had a beer, and then a few...glasses of wine. And I didn't even feel good. It was like I barely felt it, and just felt yucky inside.
                I can't even imagine grape pie! It sounds strange to me, honestly!
                Sunbeam - did you say you were going to have an AF weekend? Maybe I will try that. One thing about 'a few glasses of wine' is it sure wastes a lot of time!
                Lila

Comment

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

Afternoon Squadron! BH (funny, for some reason typing Boozehag doesn't feel right) - your holiday sounded great. Everyone here seems to have a busy weekend. Me too, in fact got to go and prepare the laptop for tonight's church service, then I think I might go for a walk before we go. We always have food after these Saturday services, we're taking samosas, pakoras and spring rolls. Oh yeah, my car isn't fixed yet, they've inspected it, will get an estimate Monday for the work.
                  Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

SO where is the Mod Squad today?

Comment

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

I guess it is time for me to go study...sigh!

Comment

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

Hi Lila,

Studying on a Saturday - that sucks!

I'm just killing a bit of time before we have to get ready to go out tonight... I'm quite excited.

Comment

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

That sounds fun! It is pretty early morning over here - I am feeling a little fragile and all. I am going to plan on being in chat later tonight. I guess these boards get quieter on the weekends. I should study!Last night I kind of couldn't. Because of the wine.

Comment

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

Hi Deebs!
                            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Squad Sat 18/10

Heeeeeyyyyy Vlads!!

What you up to?

Comment

Working...
                              X