I will not drink today because....Fill in the blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

............My bank card is damaged and I can't draw out any money to buy booze!!!
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

................I've traveled through time and space and there is NO such thing as booze!!
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Because Sober life is so wonderful and I want to enjoy every moment of it.
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I'm sorry I don't mean to make light of your thread getting better!. I guess I didn't drink today because I saw my daughter and had a laugh and a scream and felt human again. Laughter gets me through times I would normally be down and out. Some may say I'm in denial and just want to laugh things off but humour for me is good for the soul.

Love and Happiness
          Hippie
          xx

Comment

I will not drink today because my medical condition is greatly exacerbated by drinking.

I will not drink today because I choose NOT to drink.

I will not drink today because I am a completely happy non-drinker.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I will not drink today because I bought myself a dozen roses yesterday for not drinking and I don't want to have to eat them. And besides, I don't drink.
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Love the roses thought, Greeneyes.

I will not drink today because I had no strong urges, and I've had a lovely evening watching "The Wizard of Oz" with my kids. Now I get to put just the six year old to bed (it's our 1 on 1 night...Dad puts the other two to bed). I love to be completely sober when I read to the boys, sing them lullabies and watch them drift off to sleep. I even like the sound of my own voice, just because I love that my speech isn't slurred and my mouth isn't dry.
                "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

because I don't want to...

Comment

Because, I need to lose some weight and get myself under control...
                    :new: Jas56

Comment

I will not drink today because I choose NOT to. End of my list :h
                      :l
                      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

I will not drink today because it is not healthy and I am going to workout instead!
                        Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

I want to start antabuse tomorrow
                          :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

akgirl you have to give yourself 3 days clear at least of alcohol before you take Antabuse otherwise you will get a reaction. Alcohol can take up to 7/8 days to be totally out of your system. Sorry I may be all OTT but just need you to know that. I'm sure you do.

Love hips
                            xx

Comment

Oh yeah I will not drink today because (now I'm being totally fucking serious!) I will not be allowed to see my little girl again........EVER! AND YES I'm crying writing this!!lol Becuase I'm thinking of her right now as I do every night before I go to bed.

Love Hips
                              xx

Comment

hippie37;471008 wrote: akgirl you have to give yourself 3 days clear at least of alcohol before you take Antabuse otherwise you will get a reaction. Alcohol can take up to 7/8 days to be totally out of your system. Sorry I may be all OTT but just need you to know that. I'm sure you do.

Love hips
                                xx
                                I didn't know that, I thought it was just a day. Thanks Hips. I guess I have more reading to do, back to the antabuse thread.
                                :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X