I will not drink today because....Fill in the blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will not drink today because I don't want to, and because my Antabuse safety net would make drinking a really, really bad idea.

Comment

I will not drink today because I don't feel like it (will wonders never cease?) I will not drink today because I will treat myself with the love and respect I deserve.

Comment

I will not drink today because though my health is still good if I keep on going this way it won't stay that way. There comes a time when one needs to start taking care of themselves and move on to the next stage of life. I choose to move forward, to wake up and live the life I was meant to.
        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
        Newbies Nest Roll Call
        Toolbox
        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I will not drink today because someone is counting on me not to.
          Constant relapsing is soul destroying.
          I cherish my soul, it is the most important thing to me in the world. I cherish my soul even on th bad days. This is why I do not drink.

Comment

I will not drink today because I want to practice after work and get a good night's sleep. Three months to the deadline I gave myself to get in line with the schedule I wrote up for myself months ago.
            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
            Newbies Nest Roll Call
            Toolbox
            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I will not drink today because I'm taking Valium and Seroquel for sleep, and Paroxetine for depression and anxiety. I was awake at 2am every morning, waiting for the bottle store to open at 8am, to buy a 375ml vodka, finished mid-afternoon. As soon as I started on the Paroxetine, I lost all interest in alcohol. Walking past the bottle store caused a feeling of distaste. That shit is an amazing AD for an alcoholic. Going to up my dose soon as possible.

Comment

I will not drink today, because I don't want anxiety anymore...

Comment

I will not drink today because I might end up like my Alcoholic old pal who is living in a strange world not knowing what day it is just where the next drink is coming from. The Russians have a word for it which means
                  "The Walking dead"
                  It's not what you drink, it's how much!

Comment

I will not drink today because its a waste of money and there are so many better things I could buy for someone else instead of being selfish
                    “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

I will not drink today because I'd rather be living my life and pursuing my goals. A few drinks and I will only hide again like I've been abused.

Newbies Nest
                      Newbies Nest Roll Call
                      Toolbox
                      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I will not drink today because I cannot see dimming my sense of this beautiful life.

Newbies Nest
                        Newbies Nest Roll Call
                        Toolbox
                        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I wont drink because it will just lead to lost days or even months.
                          (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

I will not drink today because I have to finish a project
                            I will not drink today because I don't want to waste my money for alcohol
                            Last edited by johncaroll; October 8, 2014, 02:46 AM.

Comment

I will not drink today because I can't handle this anxiety anymore. Alcohol only makes it worse.

Comment

I will not drink today because I already reach my goal to get sober and clean from alcohol

Comment

Working...
                                X