Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moderation Rules

Ladies and gents,

lately there have been some of us posting our rules into the other threads randomly. I think it's a good idea if we have one 'central repository' of Moderation Rules that we can come back to from time to time to review, update and to share with each other and to learn from. Whoever has a set that they would like to share, let's do it here. If your rules get updated or change or evolve then just stick all your updates rules in a new post. Even 1 informal rule is a 'rule'. Even no rules is technically a rule. "My rule is not to have any rules because I think rules are stupid" for example! At least it's a way of starting a conversation and getting the group thinking about their own rules, since we all have our own, and we all find our own Ways Out in the end and we can respect each other's Ways.

Hope you folks think this is a good idea.

cheers.

Moderation Rules

1. [b]The Quality Poison Rule. If it's whiskey...single malt. If it's beer...micro-brewed. If it's wine...good wine. (Nothing off the cheap shelf) IF [a] I cannot afford the choice stuff, or It's unavailable, then I WILL NOT DRINK.

2. Drinking two days in a row is a No-No.

3. A non-AL drink for every 2 AL drinks consumed. Preferably for every one.

4. Bars are okay, but stay away from Happy Hours.

5. Home is okay, but the Quality Rule must be applied strictly. That will automatically limit quantities from getting out of control.

6. Three glasses of water before bed.

7. Keep the clear head.
    Soon as fuzziness starts to happen, it's time to stop.

8. Eat healthy
    , less cheese and bread, more veggies whenever possible.

9. Sleep eight hours.

10. Change the way I think
    and live to better accommodate the 'middle way' in everything I do.

11. Never get unattractive.

12. Stretch a lot.

Comment

Moderation Rules

I like this idea so we can compare and learn from each other. Just remember, we are each very different people, and when it comes down to it, our rules may work for us, but not work for everyone. But at the end of the day, we're more like one another than not. Oh, I'm sorry. Confusing myself and you.

1. No AL except for occasionally (special occasions) so it does not become the forbidden fruit.
      2. Never drink alone at home.
      3. Never drink for emotional reasons - bad day at work, hormonal reasons, H.A.L.T. (I got that from Deebs).
      4. No more than 2 at a special dinner, or if a longer night or session, one an hour.
      5. Drink non AL in between (I need to work on this).
      6. Don't buy alcohol for the house, unless we're hosting a party.
      7. Don't drink on Sundays or weekdays.
      8. Only drink beer and wine (and as ZED SAID, only the best - I like that Zed).
      9. 5-7 nights are AL free - no more than 2 special occasions ever in one week.
      10. Keep the drinktracker on MWO and on my own calendar.
      11. Never exceed 5 drinks in one week.
      12. Eat before, during, or after drinking
      13. Choose two weeks a month that I completely abstain.
      14. Make sure that everything in my life is more important than these so-called special occasions.
      15. Take Kudzu and L-Glut on a special occasion night.
      16. Monitor my rules, track progress, reevaluate,and make changes as necessary - review this plan weekly.

Sorry so long. I'm a teacher. I'm all about rules!
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Moderation Rules

I just did a 60 day AF and decided to set the rules.

I looked at the calendar for the next 60 days and came up with a few dates that were ok to drink within limits.

These times were set up so I would not feel bad for drinking.
        1. Vacation ? I was able to keep under control limiting my drinks over the course of the day. I did very well in the first 3 days and then increased over the last two. (:upset: This proves to me that there is definitely an issue of drinking every day for a period of time. I?m paying for it now but should be OK tomorrow)

2. Thanksgiving- If I even feel like it. Limit of 3

3. Christmas- If I feel like it. limit of 3

4. New Years ? 0

Re-evaluate after the 60 days

After the 5 days of drinking, the anxiety and paranoia are not worth it.
        Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

Moderation Rules

My moderation rules

J-Vo my twin and I think so much alike that I cut and pasted her rules and altered them to mine. Very similar rules for us.

1. Quit the "It's Friday/Saturday night...I can drink thinking." If we go out - maybe one with dinner - a nightcap perhaps if I realize the price I will pay the next morning in wanting to sleep in and not get as much done. I have realized I can't drink more than 1 without effects the next day.
          2. Never drink alone at home. (Those days are done, done, done for me!)
          3. Never drink for emotional reasons - remember the H.A.L.T.) - don't drink if Hungry, angry, lonely, tired). I got that from A.A.
          4. Order a non AL drink first - some people will take issue with this but I'm going to use the term "reward" as I do enjoy a great glass of wine and consider it a reward. So, if I start with non-al the beginning of dinner out or a party or event I can then allow myself to have my drink when things are moving along a bit. So much easier to not overdrink this way as I'm starting when things are wrapping up.
          5. Don't buy alcohol for the house. I have even bought the little pack of small bottles (4 in a pack) to avoid a bottle for fear of drinking the whole thing and then I'll drink one of the little bottles and then 2. Then I'll say..".no more" as I pop open the 3rd...and you guessed it...I've been known to finish off the fourth and then have defeated the whole purpose!
          thinking "I'll just have one, unless we're hosting a party.
          6. Don't drink on Sundays or weekdays.
          7. 5-6 nights are AL free - no more than 2 special occasions ever in one week.
          8. Keep the drinktracker on MWO and on my own calendar.
          9. Never exceed 5 drinks in one week.
          10. Eat before, during, or after drinking
          11 Take extra Kudzu and L-Glut on a special occasion night. Take daily otherwise.
          12. Monitor my rules, track progress, reevaluate,and make changes as necessary - review this plan weekly.
          14. ALWAYS keep coming here for support!
          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Moderation Rules

STOP! POST on the other thread!

So folks, not surprisingly (d-uh) there is already a thread called "Post Your Moderation Rules" in Long Term Mods that was started a week or two ago. So instead of having two threads on the same subject, I suggest we MOVE OVER to the other one!

SO DONT POST HERE. FIND THE OTHER THREAD and let's all post there kids.

I'm cutting and pasting my post there now, and I hope that Eve and ChangeMyLife will do the same. I see that J-Vo already has, which is great.

Cheers and SORRY! z

Comment

Moderation Rules

the rent is cheaper on the other thread
              You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
              X