Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone out there who would be interested in a weekday af thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to mod sun to thurs and drink only on fri and sat...anyone one else feeling the same ?

I am interested in every thread you start, Limers.I support everyone that is sincere and wanting to control AL...not having AL control them.
    My Long term Goal is AL free for life but every journey starts with one step.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Thanks Evie..

Comment

Limey you know how I feel and it is similar to Evies view i.e.I know I cannot mod, I have to be abs. I will support you and be your friend whatever goal you choose OK?
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

thanks Starts.

Comment

Oney, as you know, I am behind you too. Whichever path you choose. There is no crime in changing your mind about your goals OK?
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I'm with ya Limers!!
              Together we can conquer the world!

Seriously tho, my mod goals which I have put in place is to only have 2 drinks per weekend. Often I only have one and that is on a Saturday. I will only drink during the week if it is a special occassion that I have thought through clearly and then I allow myself 2 drinks.

Come and join us in Mod Squad if you feel it fits your goals. Many of us are AF with the odd mod day thrown in.
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

DeeBee;478066 wrote: Many of us are AF with the odd mod day thrown in.
                Err.. yeah... 'many' of us. :H

Seriously though, what will be your allowance for Fri and Sat?
                Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

fri 4 cans , sat 4 cans. If I keep to that I will be very happy!

Comment

I'm going to play devil's advocate here Limers.... perhaps you should think HARD before switching to Moderation? It's a slippery slope, I would imagine, from an AF lifestyle, to committing yourself to only weekends. 4 cans can get tricky as you know. That's the 'tipping point' there... if you'd said 2 cans I would have been more easy on you... but 4... that can get tough to control.

You have obviously come a long way with your journey... so any change in plans (if ABS has been your goals) requires deep consideration.

Anyway and how, as Deebee said, we are here for you. Welcome and let us know what you need. Read all you want. That's a ton of wisdom in this thread already thanks to the beautiful people that have been here.

cheers. Z

Comment

Hi Limers, sure... welcome, I join with the others who have already said they will support you here. I'm always the late commer here as I am in the mountain time zone of the US. It's only a little after 8am as I write this.

I am supportive of everyone's goals on this site. It's a great place to be! Starting, EvieLou, and O2M you know that you are always welcome to chime in here as well.

periwinkle
                      Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Limers-

As long as you've thought about it (Zed makes a great point)

I'm with you, I'm thinking that it is better for me to do one night a week the most, but I would rather do one night every two weeks. Think about it, of course what works for one may not for another. There is a thread on here with "moderation rules" if you haven't already, check it out.

I haven't made up rules for myself yet but I like the ones I've read. Let me know what you think.
                        :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Hi Limers,

Sorry to be so late to the party. I wasn't on the site over the Thanksgiving holiday so didn't see your post earlier. I'm generally AF during the week - it's important for me to have much of the week AF and not drink daily as I don't want to head back down my old path. For most of us here on the long term MOD threads, it's some combination of AF days and controlled AL days, but often that changes over time as we discover what we can or cannot handle. You're always welcome.

Vera-b

Comment

Working...
                          X