WEIGHT WATCHERS ANYONE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WEIGHT WATCHERS ANYONE?

Anyone on weight watchers? I started a week ago and lost 3.6 pounds the first week. Most of that is thanks to giving up wine.
    "Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance

WEIGHT WATCHERS ANYONE?

I find that I loose weight just on giving up wine.

It's not only the extra calories that go, I am also more active and just take better care of my diet.

Comment

WEIGHT WATCHERS ANYONE?

Hey Swans.
      I'm not in the program, but I do have a friend who's daughter lost 40 pounds last year on Weight Watchers! She looks like a different girl!!!! And now her Mother has joined her for the New Year. I believe that's a great program! Good luck!

Comment

WEIGHT WATCHERS ANYONE?

Hi all,
        I'm not in WW, but just went into the Research threads, clicked on a link that threw me into website links on depression, alcoholism and oddly enough weightloss. So I've just ordered a book online....how impulsive was that! Anyway, I await the arrival.
        Meanwhile, I've found that by not drinking I'm not taking in some 800-1,000 extra calories a day...probably more as often I would add cheese and bikkies or cashews. So the weight just starts to drop away.
        I was in WW a few years ago and dropped weight, so I guess I can vouch for it.

Comment

WEIGHT WATCHERS ANYONE?

I had great success on WW when I stuck to the program, although I found myself not eating all the food so that I had points for wine left over.....sigh... I was a sad case back then.
          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

WEIGHT WATCHERS ANYONE?

You know Flip??? I have thought about that many times, trading wine for food calories, but a bottle of wine a night does not go with any diet. So I have to keep fighting that urge.
            "Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance

Comment

WEIGHT WATCHERS ANYONE?

I've done WW online and had real success both with weight loss and with drinking. I think it's the tracker that helps me.

Comment

WEIGHT WATCHERS ANYONE?

I just joined WW and it was using their points manager/tracker thingy that made me realize just how much I am drinking. When I think of all those wine calories... eek!

Apparently your body always burns alcohol first before fat too - I don't want to give up the wine totally but lord knows I don't need to be drinking a huge bottle to myself just on a regular old Monday evening. I'm getting some Kudzu today in the hopes that it will help me moderate.

I had no idea I consumed so much wine until I saw it in that weight watchers plan - my wine points I had been drinking were more than my total daily allowance.... yikes. So ashamed.....

Comment

WEIGHT WATCHERS ANYONE?

Flip;517463 wrote: I had great success on WW when I stuck to the program, although I found myself not eating all the food so that I had points for wine left over.....sigh... I was a sad case back then.
                  HAHA thats funny,I did that too.Big bottle of chardonay bag of f.f micro popcorn....26 points or there bouts.I too was a sad case.:new:

Comment

WEIGHT WATCHERS ANYONE?

In Europe they wine has been on their tables during lunch or super, it is proven healthy because the number of cancer victims there is very low compared to other countries that doesn't have a staple wine

Comment

WEIGHT WATCHERS ANYONE?

hi swans im not on weight watchers but i am on,slim fast,good luck to you,gyco

Comment

WEIGHT WATCHERS ANYONE?

I had tremendous success with WW in the 90's, lost over 50 pounds. My main addiction at that time was working out (avoiding my alcoholic husband) I traded the addiction to working out for wine! I gained back the 50 pds plus a lot more!!!!! I have been a member onine for several years and start it anew every few weeks. I am on Day 3 AF and trying to get back on track with WW. It is truly the only program that works for me because there is no deprivation, just wise choices!! I highly recommend the program and would LOVE a WW buddy to support and movtivate me in the process!!!!

Comment

WEIGHT WATCHERS ANYONE?

Weight Watchers works well for me, too, when I stick to it. My solution to the wine points was to fudge them. If you keep topping off your drink before it's empty, it's really just one drink, right? ; )

Just like tackling addiction, WW has a combination of elements with proven success: group support, tracking, and addressing the "why's" of overeating. The diet is healthy and real-world, too. I do a lot better when I got to real-life meetings, but full-time work and 3 kids make working that in tough. So I use the online program.

Four lbs gained over the holidays (not as bad as I thought, judging by jeans tightness!); down 1 after four days back on the tracker. I seem to be losing faster on the revised plan (lower carb) but eating more. Weird, but I'm not complaining!

xoxo Pride

Forgot to add--I've lost 15 lbs since last April, when I rejoined WW after a few years.
                          AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                          "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

WEIGHT WATCHERS ANYONE?

I've just joined in NZ. I find it helpful to be accountable. I mean someone is going to weigh me every week, and a bottle of wine a night just isn't going to allow me to lose weight. I joined for 4 months ahead of time, saving money and ensuring that I don't stuff it up by drinking. Plotting the food and exercise points is helping me stay motivated and stay AF, but I have found it hard this weekend. Tired, hungry and nothing planned for the weekend made it hard to resist buying a bottle on the way home, but I thought of all the money I would've wasted on WW if I don't stay off the booze. Gets me out walking the dog most days too.

Comment

Working...
                            X