The end of a long term relationship not quite funny BUT predictable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captn - my heart goes out to you at this bloody awful time. Please hang in there...I don't know what else to say, but soldier on my friend - we are here for you x
    *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Thanks kapo Im ok appreciate your concern thanks
      Love cap

Comment

Cap, my thoughts are with you...take care hun, you'll get through this and so will Lucy x
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thanks Starts you have been a very big piece of my getting sober you always seemed to care as others too but youre a special one as is limers:l

Comment

Hi Captn

Don't have much to say except that I commiserate with you. Please be strong, take care of your daughter's emotions and....of course, stay away from booze. No point complicating matters.
            *Let noble thoughts come to us in all directions...*

Comment

rocking, waves slapping
              refuge for my broken soul
              dark water, night sky

little sail boat waits
              solitude on the water
              quiet, peaceful, thoughts
              sigpic

Comment

Hello matey,

It?s been quite a while, for me at least. Sorry to hear of your separation.
                I?m on my third marriage (17 years as well), so I do know that after the initial break-up, things can only get better. We often say to ourselves that it?s better to hang on for the kids?sakes. Not true. Kids adapt quickly and as long as you see them often and show them that you love them, they can continue to grow up as responsable adults - as long as you remain sober. If you fall off the wagon, NEVER communicate with kids in this state. Get sober and then get close again.
                I wish you luck and personal fortitude.

Take good care

Bashley

Comment

Well dang Bashley your four years late matey! Where ya been? Good to see you again.
                  AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Beasley, welcome Home! :l

I 've missed your posts. You sound happy and healthy! :h
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Same here captn!

Undecided at all though it's been two and half years .We used to talk sometimes , may be we love each other but can't patch up .No divorce no saperation yet and thinking of my wife and kids very much.
                      Do we have any other nice forum where we can discuss our family break up and children matter ?.I know there are so many but wanted the best one ?

Dixon
                      A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Bashley;1572768 wrote:

Hello matey,

It?s been quite a while, for me at least. Sorry to hear of your separation.
                        I?m on my third marriage (17 years as well), so I do know that after the initial break-up, things can only get better. We often say to ourselves that it?s better to hang on for the kids?sakes. Not true. Kids adapt quickly and as long as you see them often and show them that you love them, they can continue to grow up as responsable adults - as long as you remain sober. If you fall off the wagon, NEVER communicate with kids in this state. Get sober and then get close again.
                        I wish you luck and personal fortitude.

Take good care

Bashley

Thanks Bashley,

I think this is the best option .
                        Dixon
                        A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

gettinitright;1572771 wrote: Well dang Bashley your four years late matey! Where ya been? Good to see you again.
                          Hi Gettinitright,

Bloody hell !! I clean forgot to check the dates on the Capt?s posts.

Oh well maybe it?ll do someone else some good...

Here?s a picture to take us back to our adventures on the high seas.

Be good but if you can?t: be careful

Comment

Working...
                          X