The end of a long term relationship not quite funny BUT predictable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I sit here waiting for a ferry out to my boat we had the I leave no ILL leave argument I sad its easy for me as i sit on the boat BUT dear lucy is crying WHY are her parents hurting me I can only say sorry Lucy Mummy and Daddy dont like each other anymore

I am very sorry it has come to this ... Have mailed you x
    ?We are one another's angels?
    Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

whats time, are you in the process of moving out?

Comment

Sorry Capt'n........It was hard for me when I broke up with my first wife. I know it hurts, but eventually the pain will lessen and it will be more bearable. It'll be hard on your daughter too ( but you know it can be damaging for her if you stayed together and fought and picked on each other all the time. ) Take care of yourself...take your meds and don't hit the bottle ( you know that only makes matters worst. ) I'm here if you need to get some crap of your chest. IAD.
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Oh dear, that is painful. I feel for you. You might like each other more if you are out from under each other. I agree with IAD about Lucy. Children pick up on the energy so if you fake it they can still feel it and don't understand the contradiction. That's not a favor. Who knows what will happen down the road, but for now maybe it's good to give it a break. I am thinking of you. :l:h
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

hang in there captn.
            i am recently separated its been a week i have two kids 8 and 13.
            i am amazed at their ability to adapt.
            i stay sobber read them lots of books laugh as much as i can. i tell the mom and dad love them we are still a family we just have different homes and they have no fault in this.....so much so that last night the 8 year boy said "geesh mom you have said that like 100 times"
            it gets better my friend you may feel as if you are in the middle of a squall so batten down focus on necessities your health and your daughter's security
            thinking of you rudemama

Comment

Capt,
              My dear sweet love. I am so sorry that you are hurting. I got divorce when my kids were teens. It was hard for them, but they are fine. It was much worse with Mom and Dad fighting all of the time. I am here for you if u wish to talk:l
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Dear sweet CAPT, Divorce is always difficult...i know that you will do your best to make everyone involved accept the new way of living. It can be wonderful...there is LIFE after Divorce and there is LIFE after alcoholism...Trust me, I am living it, and so can you.
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Captn
                  As you know I am in the middle of a divorce. Fortunately, we have been able to come to an agreement between ourselves and avoided the costly lawyers. No matter what the circumstances, the situation is never easy. There are so many of us here that know what you are going through. I love Evie's post because it is a reminder that time does heal all wounds. We will be hear to listen when you need us. PM me anytime.
                  XOXO
                  Time

Comment

Hugs my friend!!!!! You know my ex-husband and I are GREAT friends. We couldnt be married but we talk nearly daily and are great friends....just werent good husband and wife. If you can part and remain friends Lucy will be just fine.
                    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

captn buddy thinking of you .. this is just one of life twists and turns .. your daughter will be fine ..time heals everything.. just take it easy and take this time for you ..everything will work out ..
                      stay strong and think positive .. my friend
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

captn,

:l

Love, :h
                        Be
                        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Thanks guys you are truly wonderful souls I must stress i have been sober for weeks i think the supressed emotions have surfaced during this time!!!!!!! strange all these plans for stopping drinking NONE for learning to live sober again!!!!!!!! Anyway i have to face that fact that I dont love her any more in fact as Britt said we dont make a couple sad but true 17 years aint bad i spose.... We are in contact and as you have said Lucy is ok but what i have done to her i can never forgive myself to break a 7 year olds heart is unforgivable anyway the boat is only 18 feet long no bigger than a prison cell where I belong for the moment self pity is pathetic and Iknow this!!!!! but i just need a few days to feel sorry for my pathetic self and then wake up and start sorting things out I am and shall remain sober thanks again guys I love you lot so much
                          Cap

Comment

Hi Captn,
                            Really sorry to hear this but if you don't love each other any more as a couple then it is best to move on. Children are very adaptable little people and as long as you are both there for her she will be fine. As everyone says, time will sort things out for the better
                            xx
                            There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Thanks bandit ..falling out of love!!!!!! is there a song about that I bet its sucks big time if there is....... And Oney love you heaps...... BIG BUM!!!!!! cup of coffee would be lovely I shall sail past one day last night i was thinking of taking off I can assure you!!!!!!! all sailers run from their troubles and to my dear Sea i love you heaps and more
                              cap

Comment

Working...
                              X