Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

and still.
    a nice night or day or both, to you all
    AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Well it seems we are just hours away from a partial reopening here in my part of the state. At 11:59 tonight the stay at home order expires. I will be happy to just see grandkids & their parents again & maybe not feel so creeped out if/when I venture out to a store or something. Everyone still needs to be careful & practice social distancing. We’ll see how that works out!
      It hit a high of 87 humid degrees today so there’s more storms on the way naturally. Had to take my dog to the vet for her annual check up & vaccinations. You call when you get there & someone comes out & takes the dog inside, easy! I do appreciate the thought that they put into their plan of operations though.

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all! Stay healthy!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning nesters

a lovely -1 this morning, i dont enjoy cold hands. it is going to be a lovely day when it warms up.

Lav, you can have your heat but i know you dont enjoy it. glad you can see the grandkids again.

Great work Al on your 7 days, keep up the great work. I didnt really journal except on here daily, fanatically and often in the early days. I had a calendar that i used to mark off each day sober and each week would drag my kids to so they could look at the weeks. Do whatever works.

More things are opening up here which is good since we are in a recession but we are still testing a lot of people. We will be having protests this weekend so lets see how that goes. I try and not go out too much especially on the weekends and luckily now i work from home, i can do my shopping through the week when its quieter.

My daughter wants to go and get her nails done today and has offered to pay for a pedicure so i am onto that and as they will be at my feet i can deal. I did notice that there are screens up now which is a great idea.

I think its carl and cardy pic time. It looks like cardy is now part of our family. her owner has not contacted us, we have all tried to contact her to see if she wants her back or if we could keep her. no reply so next week we are off to the vets to get her microchipped and immunised and to organise her desexing. I didnt want a big dog but she is just the most adorable girl and so gentle with carl. She has come into my life for a reason.

easter 2020 carl and bacardi.jpg

carl 22nd may 2020.jpg

Take care and stay safe xx
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Ava, those pups are just adorable! So stinking cute!
          I killed a fly today and washed the windows. I went from 100mph to 0. May I say my retirement has not been what I imagined. House arrest is more like it. But we are safe and our bellies are full. My state, NC, has had record numbers of cases this past week And today’s numbers were bad. I guess it is to be expected, especially given the crowds over Memorial Day. I worry for the protesters, too, literally fighting for their lives. What a mess our country is in.
          Big Al, Congrats on your now 9 days! Here’s your prize! :butt: it’s a Full Moon salute from your fellow nesters. That first week is a bear and now it’s in the rear view. You’ll get no cracks from us on how challenging it is, no butts about it! Well done.
          NS, I have FOGO, too. I know the day is coming, though. All I can do is all I can do.
          Hugs to all, Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Nesters....I did not drift away...just crazy busy with work. I do read daily, but have not had the time to post. Usually the beginning of the month is not busy but I guess because June 1 was on a Saturday, by June 4 things really revved up. I have to go into the office today...mask on. Boss is trying to do everything he can do to make us feel safe coming back full time, but many of us still have a lot of reservations about being in close quarters.

Husband took son up to PA to get his belongings out of his dorm that have been sitting there gathering dust for 3 months. Good thing they will have masks on! The college is only allowing one person per hall at a time to pack up stuff. He had to register for a time slot. Ugh and then he is going to bring all that crap back here. It's enough that my bedroom/office is packed to the gills with my office equipment. I'm getting claustrophobia.

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], good job on your one week. Don't let your guard down. Sometimes we think that 'yay...I made it x days so I can drink and stop any time'. not true. just keep heading in the direction you are in.

Thanks Ava and Mr G for answering my question about Aussie snow. It's great that you can see snow if you want to, but it largely stays out of your way. Hot weather used to be my fave, but the older I get the less I can tolerate it. I took Bonnie (Snoots) for a walk a couple of days ago and I guess I over extended the walk because the poor thing got so hot she vomited in the neighbors lawn. We were close to home so daughter and I could get her cooled down quickly. Ugh. Then I had to go back and clean up the mess. ��

Can't believe it is Friday again. just Friday...not a ticket to boozeville! There is supposed to be a protest near my workplace starting at 5pm today, so I need to get in and out of the office. I'm not good in crowds, corona or not.

Ava...love the pics of your pups. does Carl like wearing clothes? I loved dressing up Piper and had a spring dress especially made for her. husband thinks I'm crazy. Not so sure Bonnie is the dress up type but she will be known for her wardrobe of bandanas that I am making for her in all kinds of eclectic fabrics. We use the bandanas to spray with a pheromone that is supposed to calm anxiety. She is coming along in that respect. In fact, she is getting a little too demanding!!

Happy sober weekend to all!
            Last edited by BelleGirl; June 5, 2020, 08:40 AM.
            BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Hi, All:

Good to see you Belle. Good luck with returning to the office. What are your sons plans for the summer? Mine has a lease starting July, so he's going to stay in his college town and try to work if school is going to be all online. He didn't have a great experience with that...

Byrdie - that's the thing - cases are high in a number of states already, and are going up in others - especially in the southeast. So far I guess it is tolerable to people because mostly the hospitals are not overwhelmed, although I think Birmingham is. It is now 2 weeks after Memorial Day so that makes sense. I imagine there will be another spike after these protests. Lav, if you DO venture out, be careful. Supposedly most of us are going to get it - it is a matter of when (or if they develop the vaccine first...)

Not much to add. Happy SOBER Friday.

Pav

Comment

Morning nesters, Ava, congratulations on your new member of the family! I'm sad the owner left her tho, sheesh, Belle, good to see you, my Winslow likes wearing one of my g-sons old shirts in the winter time, he actually struts when he's got it on, the 3 months old size baby shirts fit him perfectly but he loves his striped one with the dino the most haha, Byrdie, we pretty much expected an increase in cases in your area after memorial weekend, there's gonna be a spike allover with these protesters out all clusstered together, in L.A the other day there were 100's out there, I sent the pic to my girls, L. A was hit with alot of cases as it is, this certainly won't help and it's not just their lives they're risking, it's their family members as well as other people they come in contact with throughout the day, meh I'm over it and hope things settle down but from the loooks on the news I'm doubting it, much love to all and wishes for a day of freedom from that shitty liquid known as alcohol!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

sober, and off to bed with a book.
                  have a nice weekend dearest people...
                  AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Hot & humid & we just had another thunderstorm. Same for tomorrow I think!
                    I have to tell you I was seriously disappointed late last night when I read that the reopening of my state did NOT include hair salons or barbershops. Probably just as well, at least for the time being until things are healthier for everyone out there. I did get to a local farm to buy some more bedding plants so that was nice.

Ava, love your doggies pics
                    Hard to imagine anyone abandoning a pet like that but I know it happens. Try to stay warm while I am trying to stay cool, haha!

Belle, what college does your son go to? There’s so many in the area here.
                    Glad you are doing well despite the current environment!

Julia, good to see you.
                    Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

End of a full week and I'm ready for tomorrow off. I did get two new students this week but also decided that my roster is now full at that 75-80% level I mentioned a few days ago. Feeling proud of my self-care skills which are far from excellent but have gotten better as a direct result of quitting and then maintaining my quit. Yay for positive side benefits of this work we do for ourselves!

Ava - super cute pups! So glad Cardy found you - it sounds like it was meant to be.

Pav - I might have missed this, but have you heard anything about how your school will operate come fall? You are in a school right?

Nar - how are you feeling now that you've had a little time to heal and regain your equilibrium?

BigAl and Julia - keep up the great work. You've both got this! Julia hope your broken heart is gradually starting to heal.

Belle - hope your son's move goes smoothly and doesn't innundate you with too much stuff!

Hellos and waves to Byrdie, NS, G-man, Lav, LC, Kensho, Pauly, and everyone else stopping by the nest this weekend. Stay safe and be good to yourselves!
                      Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi, All:

Ava, I forgot to say - Cardy and Carl are THE CUTEST. I'm glad Cardy found you both - it seems it was meant to be.

Wags, yes, I work at a school. I am guessing we'll all open in some flexible hybrid way - some online and some smaller groups on campus for some time. We have to be flexible - if there is a big flare up and we have to shut down, or if things calm down and we can open more. That could change weekly, or even daily. Who knows...

I watched a movie last night that I had "seen" on a night I was drinking. It was MUCH better the second time...

Other than that, not much new. Hope you are all ok.

Pav

Comment

Hey all. Interestingly, a local doctor said that the spike we are seeing now is likely from Mother’s Day, He said that if incubation is up to 14 days, and then the person gets sick, they often wait a week or two to seek help and get tested. That’s worrisome. We had our worst case count yesterday, 1300 cases. Remember, testing isn’t readily available here yet either, you have to have symptoms or have been in contact. My hubs went to Walgreens today and he said he was the only customer with a mask on. I don’t know. The world is upside down at the moment.
                          I am so happy to be sober. Let’s go get some color on this hair, want to? Have a great evening, all!
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters!

Still hot & muggy today but no rain. Tomorrow is supposed to be much improved, yay!
                            Went to the hardware store with my husband today just to get out for a few minutes. Everyone had a mask on so that made me happy
                            I am not sure yet but I think my daughter & granddaughter are ready to come visit. Hope that happens tomorrow, it’s been quite a long while.

Wags, glad to hear you are protecting your boundary. Like you I want to protect myself from being swallowed up by everything & everyone who thinks they need my attention, haha. I ran myself ragged all my life trying to please others & ended up in a very bad place. So, no more of that for us!!

Pav, I’m sure there’s lots of movies & books I should revisit myself. Glad we get a second chnace

Byrdie, the county that is furthest west in PA (right next to Ohio) has been reopened for a while & now they are seeing a big surge in the # of cases too. We just can’t rush this thing but people don’t seem to understand that. I’ll go fir a box of drugstore color any day, haha!!

Hello to the entire crew & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning nesters

We dont wear masks over here though i think they may advise people to when they start commuting to work as most of us are still working at home. It hard for our hospital as we wont use wards just in case we have to turn them into ICU beds so its all very unsettled.

Byrd, keep doing what you are doing. The kids wanted me to go shopping with them yesterday (Saturday) and i just said no and said i dont go out to shops on weekends. They looked at me funny till they went out and came home and said that no one has any idea on social distancing and the shops were packed. I just dont trust this virus at all.

Trying to finish knitting Carls do coat, not sure how its going to turn out but im trying! Cardy got her first pair of dog pj's the other day and you could not wipe the smile off her face. Apparently Cardy's owner asked about her finally and my son said to contact me. She hasnt and i am not giving her back now. Both dogs would be devastated to leave each other as we would be to lose her.

Public holiday tomorrow which is great, people can go away but not this chook.

Take care and be safe xx
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hola friends,

Wags, love your self care focus. I'm onto it too! I've deliberately not chased full time M-Friday 9-5 style work the last couple of years. This means a cut in income, but also an increase in inner riches and rewards. i.e. for me this means more time to make music and work on personal dev.....dem.....dep.....er, development. Result is still low income, but a more content and balanced G fella. I have 2 pt. time jobs. One is finishing in 7 weeks so income is cut again. Luckily i will still be able to survive ok on the one humble income stream. The good news is i can see another opportunity for alternative income via some investment style study i've been doing this last year. I'm aiming to have progress by end of year. Either way, i know i'm fortunate to have a job/income at all. Self care and balance all the way. It can take some time to arrive at this point but we can begin the process today if we want to head in that direction. Waffle waffle!....

Ava, thanks for the cute pics. I bet Cardy keeps that troublemaker Carl in line. What a duo!

Lav, is this how you're looking these days? Big waves to y'all.

Hairportrait-of-70s-woman-with-wild-blond-curly-hair-BD06RH.jpg

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X