Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Morning nesters

Al, welcome to the nest. When i found this site i finally realised that i wasnt alone, that anything i said, people understood and accepted me for me. No one quite understands an alcoholic except another alcoholic.

I went to visit my mum on the weekend and that was nice. I did try and get her to come back for a visit but she has some drs apts this week but i will try again in a week or two. The drive aggravated my neck which sucked but it is what it is.

Very sad about the shooting and riots now. The news was much nicer when the world was in lockdown i must say. I am still not keen to go out so i shop during the week when its quieter. My boss is having cake for her birthday tomorrow so i will pop into work and say hi to everyone. I am getting used to being at home working.

Cold and rainy here today so i cant complain about working at home and the money i am saving from not driving and paying for parking is definitely helping with my online shopping addiction.

Wags, i started smoking again when my madison was really sick although luckily for me, i did give up the fags 2 weeks after i put her to sleep and have stayed sf every since. I do know i wanted to drink but my kids were so supportive that i could not let them down by drinking al.

Belle, as G says we have snow in Victoria and Canberra and they are about the only places in Australia that snow. We do get to minus in winter but not like NAR and her -200000 ha ha. I do so prefer the cold to the heat.

Well i had better get back to work, needed to check in. Take care and be safe xx
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Had a beautiful day here in Lav-land, sunny & not too hot
      Worked in the flower gardens for a bit, nothing too strenuous, haha!
      Protests are still going on here in the bigger cities. So many injuries & damage, it’s incredible. Time for a huge change in our country!

LC, the easiest way to tell the males from the females chicks is to just wait until they’re about 4 months old. The boys will try to crow, it sounds more like a sick cat or something, Lol
      Any males I accidentally get go right down the road to our Amish friend, he can handle them, haha! The chick are goofy looking until they are completely feathered out. Good to see you today.

Julia, keep on taking care of yourself. Fresh air & good nutrition = good self-care!

Ava, working from home can be a big plus. You do eventually miss seeing people though. Glad you got to see your mum

Big Al, how’s it going?

Hello to Wags, G, Byrdie, Pav, Narilly & everyone checking in tonight!

Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

stayed sober.
        Last edited by julia1970; June 1, 2020, 09:20 AM.
        AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

I wish I could just dissapear sometimes to Julia, unfortunately all the crap is still there when I resurface
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi, All:

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
            I wish I could just dissapear sometimes to Julia, unfortunately all the crap is still there when I resurface
            Well, that says it all, Pauly. Julia, I'm sorry you're feeling bad, but you got this. The only way out is through. Feeling the feelings is painful when you've been numbing for so long. See the wise words by G below:

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
            Changing my emotional state by gittin high was an understandable response to my inner conflict, but also nothing changed coz i was too busy being wasted to move forward into a better life. It took me awhile and some persistence and searching, learning about my mind, thoughts, feelings, how the human head operates, to be able to take back some control and plot a course forward.
            I know we have an unwritten pact to not get too political here on MWO, but I hope we can all at least agree that police murdering George Floyd was wrong. It is a sad time but a time for reckoning here. AND there is a virus that is killing thousands a day. It does feel like armageddon here.

Hope you all are taking care of yourselves and others if you can.

x
            Pav

Comment

Happy Un Hung Monday everyone.

Hubby is coming home after working 26 days so that is exciting.
              Good job Julia! One day at a time right.

It is a beautiful sunny day here and I am looking forward to it.

Don't drink today, its gross.
              Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
              "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hi Nesters,

A holiday here today, as it's Pentecostal Monday. What??? But it's a beautiful warm day, so sitting in the park with my "sponsor", reading and talking was good. I put her in quotes because I've decided not to go full on into the aa program.. I do, however, like getting together with her once a week and I like doing the steps so far. Working one on one with someone is helping me to work continuously, to keep an appointment, to talk. It's sortof like an intensive therapy session and she's good at helping me see another perspective.. also the questions she asks me are point on to helping me figure some things out.

Julia, well done.:hug:
                Pav, I agree! Devastating. I was so sad the whole day yesterday.. today I haven't yet looked at the news (at 5pm) and don't think I will until tomorrow. Every other day. Yes, taking care of ourselves and others is top priority.
                Great words, Gman!

Hugs to all of you Nesters today. xx
                Last edited by lifechange; June 1, 2020, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Good morning Nest.

I looked at carpet options this morning for us. It's amazing how difficult it is for me to make design decisions for my own house. I was also able to get a run in, and some alone time with each child. They really thrive when they aren't always together and get some special time with parents.

It's going to be 90+ degrees farenheit today, so bracing for indoor time. I am not a heat wave girl. We finally cancelled all Italy trip bookings yesterday and that was bittersweet. We plan to road trip with our pop-up camper to California and end up in Sonoma instead, where my husband's brother is. Thinking that we can mostly self-contain along the way and at least get out of the house and adventure. So planning that a bit.

Julia, hang in there. You can do this.

Lifechange, glad you are finding positivity with your weekly talks. We all have to find the bits and pieces that work for us - there's no one-size-fits-all solution.

Lav, chicken butts? Hmm. You're a dedicated Stella-tender. They are lucky!

I'm procrastinating with my design work because I have no strict deadlines. It's easy to waste the days away - but at least I get time with my family and a slower pace. Enjoying that!

Have a good sober day everyone.
                  Last edited by KENSHO; June 1, 2020, 01:14 PM.
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

I think the current situation is beyond politics, Pav. It is about HUMANITY. A friend many of you may remember, Kuya, has helped me strip my blinders off in terms of racism and my role in it. I'd highly recommend White Fragility to anyone interested in a clearer understanding of what is meant by white privilege. It is humbling to see how much I have taken for granted all of my life. I feel like the fish who didn't know anything about water, having never known anything else.

I'm so glad you came back, LC, and am glad to hear that you are expanding your support network. Anytime we try again at something, it is good to change at least one variable that might improve the outcome. There's no point in repeating the same experiment over and over and over, risking an epic fail!

Please don't any of you disappear - no matter how tempting that is - including from MWO :hug:

Comment

Morning nesters

Getting colder by the day, the 1st day of winter yesterday. Today i am going into work to have cake as it was my bosses birthday yesterday. I really dont want to go but i know i will enjoy it. Wonder if i can go in my pj's (my new work wear). Ive given up sugar too so this is going to be hard, hard, hard. Why not one slice i am saying to myself. Sounds very familiar to my addictive brain.

Pav, it looks like armageddon watching the news in Australia. It is just very sad to watch. I hope it ends peacefully.

LC, i had to find other support when i gave up smoking, i needed a different perspective on why i kept continuously stopping and starting and never able to achieve the final quit. Now i see my psych still for past trauma etc and it gives me a sense of balance in my life. I miss her at the moment and really need a top up but hopefully soon. She did make me realise that i am a worthwhile person and that has been very important for me in moving forward though i still have moments.

Well best get started on the day, take care and be safe xx
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

It is like Armageddon here. Like living in multiple horror movies at the same time.
                        Quick check in, Big Al, how are you doing? Hope everyone is hanging in. Hugs to all! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Had a real nice day, sunny & not too hot
                          Absolutely nothing new here but that’s OK. Watching what’s going on around the country takes me right back to the race riots of 1968 here. Apparently things haven’t changed much since then & that’s just wrong. What is wrong with us? I know that my kids were educated on diversity when they were in Jr high. Apparently not everyone was seeing the results of the violence following the peaceful protests for justice & equality. We are a sad country right now.

Hang in there everyone. Keep the faith that everything is going to get better because it will in time. We need a big dose of strength & patience I think.
                          Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi all. I have been reading all the posts and very much appreciate all of the mentions and concern. It feels good to share in a community like this again. So, on the topic of sharing, I have just felt too cloistered in my own crap to let it spill into this particular thread, and I kind of like keeping a journal. So i swept the dust off of the journal section and started a new one. For whatever reason that kind of writing helps me. I’m grateful for a place to write it.

I have remained sober, and I look forward to things leveling out a bit. Again, thanks for giving me space here in the nest and letting me flail about a bit as I start this quit.

Comment

still sober.
                              AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Hi, All:

Big Al, flailing is what we do best. I have not seen a way out with a straight path yet. Flail away.

Glad to see you Julia. Keep it going!

Yes, NS, that book is very good. I recommend it, too. The author, Robin DiAngelo, also has some talks on YouTube if you aren't the reading time. They problem is not with individuals - the system is perfectly designed to get the results it does...

Wow, Nar, that's a long time. That is a tough married life. Hope he's healthy and safe.

Happy SOBER Tuesday. Onward.

Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X