Anyone miss....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone miss....

the feeling of staying up till 3 or 4 in the morning drinking and going to work the next day? I don't. I just remembered all of that today when I was on a basketball blog and a guy had started a thread at 2:25 in the morning while he was drinking Busch light. I remember that kind of stuff -- it is almost like you train to drink. Right now, if I went to bed at 2 in the morning drunk, I wouldn't be able to function tomorrow, but if I were drinking every night and got to bed by 1:30 -- that would be reasonable in my mind. I would think, "At least I didn't drink another 4 beers and stay up until 3:30." That is just plain sickening and I am glad this is working.....

Anyone miss....

Dam glad it is working for you too, Hoosie! My checkered past is without doubt my greatest asset in helping me stay sober. Keep up the excellent work!
    *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Anyone miss....

Well, I still stay up till 3 in the morning now sometimes (not by choice), but at least I get a lot done!
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Anyone miss....

again dad congrats,got to watch the thots,they can creep up on you,over power yuor sub conscience into thinking it can have a drink,be on guard gyco be strong

Comment

Anyone miss....

ABF, is what I would tell myself again and again whilst sitting in the dark finishing off my drink. Absolute Bloody Final!!
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Anyone miss....

HA !!! I don't miss those days at all .... true I do still stay up late, but even after 5 hours sleep I can get up and drive sober, no headache, nausea or vomiting and I can function well.
            ?We are one another's angels?
            Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Anyone miss....

Thank GOD...those days are behind me!!!
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Anyone miss....

How the hell did we do it !?! IAD
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Anyone miss....

Hangovers SUCK!!!!!

Comment

Anyone miss....

man, i am so glad i can wake up after getting only a few hours of sleep and actually function now!

thanks for the reminder!

Comment

Working...
                    X