Zumba!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zumba!

I went to Zumba last night....it was great! Worked up a sweat, felt great, long shower, went to bed, slept all night....then in the morning, I woke up had a headache and nausea...felt like a hangover. I feel better now, but Geez!

Everything I need is within me!

Zumba!

ok, I'll bite....what the heck is Zumba?
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Zumba!

that is zambuka is it ?... hmmm... you buy "Zambuka by the bottle"... sorry, not making fun bright... Hopefully Zumba is a newfound workout that will be all you ever need in excercise. All the best

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Zumba!

Hi All,

Yes Zumba is a combination of Latin Dancing and aerobic moves. It is tons of fun! It has swept the nation. They say you burn from 600 to 1000 calories for every 1 hour class. One women in the class just started taking it and within 5 weeks lost 17 lbs. Don't be scared....it is for everyone! Although there is only 1 man that attends regularly, there are women from 16 yrs old to 70 years old....so go for it!

Comment

Zumba!

It's kind of like a jazzy dance like aerobics class. I have several friends that have gotten injured while doing zumba to the point of needing surgery. I'll stick to yoga : )
          Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
          - George Jackson

Comment

Zumba!

sounds pretty fun! hey, anything dangerous is fun to me
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Zumba!

Doesn't sound good for those of us who are really really uncoordinated though?? I stopped doing classes in the step era as I just couldn't do the left and right thing.

Bx
              Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Zumba!

Sweaty Betty;594136 wrote: Doesn't sound good for those of us who are really really uncoordinated though?? I stopped doing classes in the step era as I just couldn't do the left and right thing.

Bx
                I went to Zumba for the first time tonight and met a lady named Betty who was so sweaty she reapplied additional antiperspirant in the middle of the class!!! Betty was an EXCELLENT dancer! Anyway, the class was fun and didn't seem dangerous so I'm not sure how my neighbor got injured

I thought it was more fun than drinking
                Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                - George Jackson

Comment

Zumba!

Glad you had a good time MHIDIW.

Comment

Zumba!

Zumba is awesome! Is anyone still taking it? I noticed this thread is a bit old. That figures, as I'm usually slow in catching on to things. LOL
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Zumba!

Hi K9,
                      I just discovered this thread. I'm not usually attracted to the fitness threads. I have been going to Zumba classes for a few months now. At the first class I was so unco, I never realised I was such a crap dancer. I have always been ok at aerobics but it has taen me a while to move with he rythm rather than just doing the exercises. I bought a set of DVDs and my husband joins me in a workout when we get home form work. I'm glad we live way out of town so no one is likely to see us through the window. I recon it would look like we are back on the grog. He's been told he dances like a cross between Peter Garret and Elvis Presley.
                      Tant
                      Tant
                      AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Zumba!

Just recently been to my first zumba class and it was great fun I haven't laughed so much in ages attempting to keep up and in step.

Would recommend it to anyone wanting a bit of excercise that isn't likely to become boring.

Dewdrop :h
                        Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Zumba!

I love Zumba, haven't been since January, going to start up again.

Comment

Zumba!

I went to my second Zumba class last night - it is awesome!
                            If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Zumba!

I just got back from my first Zumba class.. Oh my!! I was all feet (fast feet!!) I can't believe how funny I looked in the mirror but it made smile from ear to ear. I can't wait to get better at this... as I thought it was a fantastic workout!

Comment

Working...
                              X