Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another trigger - someone slap me please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr Sweats just told me he's been 'asked' to take a 5% pay cut.

It's not major for us financially, but has really unsettled me. This region is actually doing well but is a global company, so I suppose we had to be affected at some point.

I appreciate that we are lucky that this is all we've had to put up with so far, as I know a lot of members are struggling in much much worse circumstances.

Time to tighten the purse strings - and AF is cheaper - Yay! But God I want a Gin again.

B
    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

SLAP! No you don't Sweats!

Hang in there. Better a small pay cut than redundancy! Don't make excuses for yourself, you're better than this!

Anyway, gin tastes like rotting dead leaves.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Ha! I couldn't remember who didn't like Gin - now I do!

Am smiling, thanks Vlad.

Besides which there's no tonic, and I'm not fancying Gin and diet coke........

[/COLOR]

Comment

I did actually add a little more to my previous post, hope you saw it!
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

I'm just hoping I actually get paid tomorrow for March. I had to wait a whole 2 weeks for Febuary's wages.

Comment

I hope so too!

And was the extra bit the bit about dead leaves? I think its more like drinking perfume.......

Or was it the redundancy bit? And no, I haven't touched the Gin.

Bxx

[/COLOR]

Comment

No, the 'better than redundancy' bit, LOL! No, when I first drank it (straight), I thought it tasted like distilled dead leaves. Yeah, I suppose in that case it is like perfume. I had a perfume that smelt like gin once. I liked it and used it everyday not realising I was purposely making myself smell like an alcoholic!!! Of course I was curious and tried tasting it once...

:H

Comment

Anyway, please stick with it (AF I mean!!!), I'm trying my hardest today to stick it too - have made plans to keep me occupied and will be posting plenty.

Comment

Thanks sooo much Vlad. Am off to put my zero in and then to watch Desperate Housewives in bed (me not them).

I'm sure your plans and posting will keep you AF.

Bxx

[/COLOR]

Comment

SLAP that zero in there!!!

Comment

SLAP!

:H

Betty,
                      You are hitting on a lot of my triggers today too.
                      I guess we all have similar reasons (EXCUSES) why we picked up the bottle.
                      To escape from lifes hard times.
                      NOT good.

You can get through this. Keep posting, and getting support. Whatever you need, we are here for you!:l
                      If you think the cravings will get bad enough, perhaps you should pour out the Gin?
                      Stay Strong,
                      K

PS...Vladders...no drinkie for you either. Don't use being alone as a reason to poison yourself:l
                      Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

my husband works for the ihs (indian health services) in the states, a federal gov't job, and he got a 10
                        % pay cut accidentally and they STILL haven't fixed it since last summer...oy vey! accidental victims of the economy!

drinking will only make it worse!!!

Comment

keeta;582663 wrote:
                          PS...Vladders...no drinkie for you either. Don't use being alone as a reason to poison yourself:l
                          I won't!!!

Comment

Sweats,

I haven't looked at any of our statements from HB's 401K for the last 3 months. I knew it would only send me running for the vodka! He's retiring the first of May so it's not like we have the 10 yrs it would probably take to get it back. It really has helped to keep track of how much $$ I'm saving by not drinking. Now if I could only stop smoking......

Hang in there girl. You too Vlad!
                            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Betty, there was an item on the news (SBS) the other night that said Singers was not as good as it has been. The report said Spore has finally been hit by the crisis.

G&T brings back a lot of memories about my times in Spore.
                              Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                              AF May 23 09 to July 09
                              AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Working...
                              X