Why L-Glutamine works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why L-Glutamine works!

Where is are people getting the powder form from? Is one place better than another? The only time I bought L-glut was from this site in capsule form. I wish I could say it helped immensely, but, from what I remember, not so much.....maybe a little.

Comment

Why L-Glutamine works!

hello all don't hang around here that much anymore, I do pop in for maintenance and re-reading the info about L-glutamine is really helpful. I think it helps. large doses of the powdered form seem to work best for me.
      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Why L-Glutamine works!

L Glut

Hi Trixie.

I remember you. You seem to be doing well. Can you tell me where to get powdered L glut? The capsules don't seem to work well for me.

Hope everything is going well.

B:h
        Anything I can Believe, I can Achieve!

Comment

Why L-Glutamine works!

Interesting read.
          I missed 2 days of L-Glut and when I got home from the weekend, took it right away, and felt great!!

I bought mine at GNC. He asked why I wanted it, and just said I was working out (I wish) and wanted it to rebuild muscle.

I love it. And, after about a week, got used to it in my water. At first, it was a little hard to drink.

DLA
          Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
          Sir Walter Scott
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Why L-Glutamine works!

thanks for the article. does this also help with the obsession to drink? i was taught that the craving was the body's physiological response and the obsession is the mental part. the craving goes away with sobriety but at least in my case i still have the occasional obsession. the thought of how i would get RELIEF FROM A DRINK even though i know it would be hell to pay. thanks. any takers? oh, trixietrack, we may be on the verge of turning that pickle back into a cucumber with high dose baclofen. at least that is what some are saying it has done foe them. one can hope.

Comment

Why L-Glutamine works!

Hi All! I am seeing that L-Glut will help with the alcohol cravings. Do you know if it helps with drug addiction, also?

Comment

Why L-Glutamine works!

Wolf-Lover,
                Haven't been to this particular site for a long time so not sure if you're still around for this answer or not but hopefully it will help others with the same question if we can't help you. Most drugs interfere with the brain's neurotransmitters which is completely different from alcohol, which can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) so I am going to take an educated guess and say no to L glut helping for drug addcition. Depending on what drug however, there may be something else to help with those cravings, for example, methadone which is given to help heroin users.
                :l
                Eve11
                "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Why L-Glutamine works!

Wolf-Lover;1167643 wrote: Hi All! I am seeing that L-Glut will help with the alcohol cravings. Do you know if it helps with drug addiction, also?
                  I was researching this and I came across the following...
                  Suggested Amino Acid Supplementation by Drug of Abuse or Addiction

Find your drug(s) of abuse on chart then look at the syndromes that are possible for each. Take the suggested Amino Acid by drug of abuse for the syndromes you are experiencing using the provided dosage guidelines.

Alcohol: L-Glutamine for craving and mood/GABA for anxiety/5-HTP or L-Tryptophan for sleep and depression.

Marijuana: L-Glutamine for craving and mood/DL-Phenytaianine or L-Tyrosine for A-motivation syndrome/GABA for anxiety/5-HTP or L-Tryptophan for sleep and depression.

Cocaine or Amphetamine: L-Glutamine for craving and mood/L-Tyrosine for alertness and mood/5-HTP or L-Tryptophan for sleep and depression.

Opiates: D-Phenylalanine or DL-Phenylatanine for craving and pain/L-Glutamine for craving/GABA for anxiety/5-HTP or L-Tryptophan for sleep and depression.

Benzodiazepines:GABA for anxiety, cravings and mood/5-HTP or L-tryptophan for sleep and depression.

Hallucinogens/Ecstasy: L-Tyrosine for cravings, mental clarity and focus/GABA for anxiety/5-HTP for sleep and depression.
                  change to http →hxxp://soselist.org/amino%20acid%20guidelines.htm

Comment

Why L-Glutamine works!

Welcome to MWO

:welcome: to MWO adsr,

Thank you for such an informative post! I will cut and paste it and refer to it when needed.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

:l
                    Eve11
                    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Why L-Glutamine works!

I have personally used a product call AminoKit Recovery Form and it works but is expensive so I did not stay on. It has the amino's you mentioned before. You can buy separately but this product is a blend and not sure of dosages of each required. you also must buy high quality nutricuetical grade amino's.

Hope this helps. Anyone know about Sobrexa please

Comment

Why L-Glutamine works!

Kudzu for addiction`

I need for information on the Kudzu in Sobrexa program. $900 is ridiculous amount to pay for this product. Please advise on dosage and quality.

Comment

Why L-Glutamine works!

This iis a great thread i have started on l glut fingers crossed

Thanks guys x
                          Stella

Back to the beginning day 02 Jan 2013

Grateful for MWO :thanks:

Comment

Why L-Glutamine works!

I have to say - when I was absolutely religious about my L-Glut I stayed in track. When I quit carrying around the GNC 2500 MG Power Chews in the handbag for sudden cravings - I crashed and burned.

Those little squares are portable, can be chewed anywhere, work really fast as the L-Glut is already micronized, and you don't need a beverage to wash them down with. Totally wipes out the hypoglycemia.

I was getting best results dealing with the witching hour and the beast with 3 chewies about 45 minutes before the witching hour, sometimes with Kudzu. This time around I may just do a standard of L-Glut, Amino's, GABA, and Kudzu before the witching hour. I have to make this stick.
                            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                            Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Why L-Glutamine works!

Hey all ... new to the site, but not to my addiction ... almost 20 years now.
                              After dutiful research - and more setbacks than I can count - I decided to try Glutamine ... I have to be honest ... it's becoming a life saver. I never thought I'd say this, but I find myself not even thinking about drinking even after several days and during the toughest hours (4-6, right before dinner) ... I take 2,000 mg in the morning and 2,000 in the afternoon. I highly recommend it. It might be my last, best hope.
                              Good luck, everyone!

Comment

Why L-Glutamine works!

this crap made me feel like i was stroking out! probly just me though,everybody else does good on it
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X