Withdrawal Difficulties...big time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Everyone,i hope one of you can shed a little light into this for me.I'm now on Day 3 af and i still feel as big a grump as i did y'day.I spent most of yesterday yelling the heads off anyone that came into my path...for little or no reason.
    Last night i felt such resentment towards my partner and my children for going out and doing ther own thing whilst leaving me home alone for 4 hours.I sat at home bored out of my skull for four solid hours,feeling as if i wud just blow up at any second..I tried to read and watch tv but just kept thinking,i want a drink:lame:
    (any other night i would've been glad to see the back of them so i could take a nice bath,put on my jammies and open a btl of wine.)

But last night i was like sort of blaming them for all going and having ther lives for 4yrs and allowing me to stay at home and ruin mine.....and now when i'm trying to make a big change in my life...a very big change...for myself of course but for them also...no-one seems to want to make a sacrifice for me.
    My partner is football mad,which i know is not as descructful as being wine mad but he still can keep his passion alive and mines has to die...:headbanger:
    I ranted about his love of football and how he puts it before me last night and my son said ,mammy take a wee glass of wine and just chill,at that point i was ready to cry...:upset:

It seems so unfair!
    I am one depressed self pitying mess at the minute...:boohoo:

Please tell me at least one of you wer as bad as me and it got better,at this minute i am swallowing hard to keep down the lump in my throat.

Just want to go to bed and get up to day 4....please god.

Thanks for reading.

xx
    "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
    Bring it on!

Hi Annie - the first days are hard. It is different for everyone but it can include anxiety, anger, depression and all the rest of what you are feeling. It's almost like you are mourning that loss of yuor best friend (the wine). It will get better. Good for you for not opening that bottle when they left you alone for 4 hours - I know for many of us on this site (myself included) being alone is a big trigger.

Try going for a walk, or having that hot bath with a cup of tea instead of the wine. Even sometimes just vegging out on the coach with the TV in the background even if you aren't really watching it can make sleep come a little easier and ease the tension. Do you have any calms forte? It can really assist with some of what you are feeling.

Stay with us - it will get better and you will feel so much better for it in the end.

Take care,
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

Hey Anni-

Thank goodness I'm the first on this thread :H.. I'm on day 3 also!! Honey, I know your pain.. Just take deep breaths.. (This is something I could'nt do before, 'cuz I just wanted to vomit). But when you woke this morning, did you feel a different kind of tired? This is OUR time. Our hubbies and rugrats (I have a 9 year old) need to sit back and enjoy the ride of being SF.. I'll be thinking of you today :goodjob:

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

Comment

Hi sav & uni,,,thanks for ur responses....yeah sav i hav burpsar for anxiety but they just don't seem to take the edge of the whole frustration thing,will go and invest in some calms forte today...thanks for your kind words...don't worry,i had the car and a 5min drive wud've got me what i wanted but i didn't,,,nearly bit my own hand off,but i didn't go and buy any wine. ...
        Sav,not glad you know my pain but glad i hav a friend that understands...this morning when i woke the first thing i thought was "day 3...here i come lol".will be thinking of you today also...hugs to you both xxx
        Bring it on!

Comment

please stop banging your head on the wall.......and please if the with drawl gets to bad, seek medical advise.

Good luck my friend.
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Anger, resentment, frustration etc are normal parts of withdrawl. They will ease off within a few days - honestly. Just be careful with meds since you can then become dependent on them also.

Regards your family, I'm afraid they've been doing the right thing so far. I've gone through all sorts with those close to me and they've had to learn to get on with their lives, otherwise they would have gone crazy themselves. This is also advice given by Al-anon to family and friends. At one point I wished someone hadn't tried "saving" me since I may have reached the point to give up much quicker than I have.

It's not their fault is what I'm saying, sometimes when I'm in that hostile mood I just turn the phone off - for fear of lashing out. Trust me, in a few days you'll feel fine.

By the way, the shakes and seizures, vomiting etc are much worse than the mood swings - trust me it's not nice when you physically cannot control your body!

Comment

Hi anniemac
              When I first went A/F I took vit. B, it helps alot with stress and I am still taking it, I would'nt be without it now as i feel alot calmer.
              When my cravings get rally bad I take some L-glut (the powder form) this takes them away straight away.
              Day 3-4 (I think) are usually the worst, just go with the flow and I am sure you will get through this, at the moment you have to be a bit selfish and think of YOU and being A/F.
              It will get better I promise, I am now on day 18 A/F and I feel great, I dont even want a drink anymore and if I can get there well my darling im sure you can.
              I hope the rest of the day goes well for you
              Thinking of you
              Keep your chin up and smile.....
              :dancin: enguin:
              starting over

Comment

[QUOTE=Evie.Lou;667455]please stop banging your head on the wall.......and please if the with drawl gets to bad, seek medical advise.

Thanks evie,i'm really not banging my head on the wall,well just on the inside and that doesn't really count.:H

Don't think there is anything medics can really do for your emotions.I think it's something you have to work out for yourself.Pills and medication i feel only mask your feelings and don't deal with them... my problems will still be there when they're stopped?
                Just my thoughts.

But thanks for your advice

:l
                Bring it on!

Comment

Ukblonde,yes,i guess youre so right,people have to do ther own thing and get on,sort of realize that now.god knows what i'd have been like if they'd all been at home...yikes!lol

Ronnie,thanks love,you are an inspiration,will be going now to buy some l-glut and start again on the vit b......did i read somewher on hear that you were pole dancing.?..you go girl lol
                  Bring it on!

Comment

Annie, yes. Some will prescribe sedatives such as Librium, Valium etc but really you have to be so careful since (a) If you drink on them it can be very dangerous, AL is a sedative too and you can end up not breathing!(b)You can get dependent on them, then that becomes a drug addiction just as difficult to get off and I don't think there is anything for withdrawl then!

Comment

Im doing the cancan now, if you want to join me on the weekend thread in the just starting out thingy....
                      :dancin: enguin:
                      starting over

Comment

Annie, it's morning over here on this side of the pond and I do hope you are feeling better. Perhaps a good night's rest will help things. Day 3 is a real toughie and it does get better! Have you considered anything physical to get some of the anger and angst out of your system? Sometimes it helps. Maybe a long and brisk walk to breathe in the fresh air? At any rate, hugs to you and hang in there. You CAN do this!
                        ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

[quote]anniemac;667462 wrote:
                          Originally posted by Evie.Lou View Post
                          please stop banging your head on the wall.......and please if the with drawl gets to bad, seek medical advise.

Thanks evie,i'm really not banging my head on the wall,well just on the inside and that doesn't really count.:H

Don't think there is anything medics can really do for your emotions.I think it's something you have to work out for yourself.Pills and medication i feel only mask your feelings and don't deal with them... my problems will still be there when they're stopped?
                          Just my thoughts.

But thanks for your advice

:l
                          Oh no magic pills for any of it but where there's a will there's a way.
                          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Annimac, how you doing?

as others have said please see the clinic if you are in trouble.

if you really think you can handle this at home, a couple things that have helped me though some nasty withdrawals:

Magnesium. this calmes the nerves and is seriously depleted in heavy drinkers. try to take 200mg 2X per day

Vit C. for helping your body clear out the toxins during this very difficult time for your body. 500mg 2x per day. or more if you are accustomed to taking quite a bit.

GLA gamma linolenic acid. from 'oil of evening primrose'. I've actually not tried this myself but it's suppsed to help according to the auther of "7 weeks to sobriety". names escapes me at this moment.

let us know how your doing
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Just to report...

Hi guys & gals,,,thank-you all for your kind words of wisdom.
                              I got through today okay,went shopping & stocked up on vits,l-glut & kudzo....(must get some mag 2moro determinator...ta)
                              Tonight me & SO went for a takeaway,i said i wasn't ready for a sit in meal....so a 'subway' it was.......and guess what...i didn't argue with him.woo hoo!

Didn't feel any urge to stop at an offy or at a pub on the way home.A glass of wine to me now would just be a glass of guilt....took 3 doses of l-glut which may have helped....i'll probably od on the stuff.lol

Feeling good now as it's nearly bedtime and im just off to make a cuppa before i hit the pillow.
                              Tomorrow,,,thank god,is my day 4.

Thanks to you all.
                              I know deep in my heart i couldn't have got through the day without reading your encouraging posts,,,,,

Thanks again,,,,

:l:l:l

annie
                              Bring it on!

Comment

Working...
                              X