Keeping busy and having some fun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drinking wine is the only way I know how to have "fun." My favorite thing in life is to drink wine and go on Ebay - neither of which is good for me. So it's another Saturday night with no plans. I know I'm not alone. So my question is...to those of you who are single...what do you do on Friday and Saturday nights? My friends live out of state, so that's out. I have spent so much time sitting in this house for years I don't really have anyone to hang out with. And they say that the older you get in life the harder it is to make friends. This is true. I've thought about meetups but they seem so intimidating. I find there are things to fill the weeks, but nothing on the weekends and that is the most dangerous time for me. I could go to the gym, but...ugh. Taking a walk isn't possible because of the weather. Going shopping isn't a good idea either, although I could go to a thrift store and not suffer too much damage, but I don't need more "stuff." I think what I'll end up doing is just cleaning my house and getting organized until I run out of stuff to do here (which is a LOT!) and I do like it when I get organized. Still, this doesn't seem like that much fun to me. I was going to go to an AA meeting, but I'm not an AA person and the meeting is far away. I just don't feel like it.

So how do you keep busy on the weekends and do something fun when you (if you) are alone? Thanks.
    ^ My Baby Ruby ^

looks like you love animals...maybe walk dogs at the shelter would be good for you............sure would be good for them too.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Evie's right. Think of volunteering, and maybe you won't feel bad about what you are going through. You are especially needed somewhere I bet.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Evie.Lou;668105 wrote: looks like you love animals...maybe walk dogs at the shelter would be good for you............sure would be good for them too.
        Thanks, Evie. That's an excellent idea. My fear is that I'd be so bothered seeing all these homeless animals and that I'd end up bringing some home. I already have two dogs (not exactly housebroken) and a cat. Don't really want more pets. I will think about this but it might break my heart. That thread about the pup whose ears and tail were cut off makes me soooooooo angry I'd like to go and hunt that person down and throw him in front of a moving train. Grrrr...

Yes, I do love animals, although I'm partial to small fluffy dogs. Aren't they just adorable? I had to, of course, add that I am a proud mom (don't have human children).
        ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

rubywillow;668113 wrote: Evie's right. Think of volunteering, and maybe you won't feel bad about what you are going through. You are especially needed somewhere I bet.
          Thanks, I do volunteer already at a food bank (doesn't break my heart and the people all have a place to live). I also have an interview on Tuesday for another volunteer job teaching job skills to homeless youth. Hope I can handle public speaking though.
          ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Hi Changed 1

It sounds as though your weekend days are OK but it's just the nights that are hard to fill, is that right?

Have you ever tried any crafty type hobbies? Maybe scrapbooking or quilting? They both have groups and workshops you can join even as a beginner so you can do it yourself at home, but also get to meet more people with the same interest.

Do you like cooking? You could use the evenings to make food for the rest of the week so you have one less chore to do when you get home (if you work outside the home).

Or you could pamper yourself at home with a facial, pedicure etc.

If you're bored you can always join us on the weekend thread too.

I hope some of those suggestions help, even if they just prompt you to think of other things you've been interested in following up in the past.
            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hi changed

It is Saturday night and I have no plans. Cooked a fabulous fish dish, ate, washed up and is only 9:00...
              Well, I am a book worm, so I read and read, until I am unsure if I live in a real world, or in a book world. I believe opportunties to reconnect with the world will present themself when I am ready. For now, it is me, books and two adroable, loving kitties
              My point? - you are not alone!
              I love your two cute little dogs!
              "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
              Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Lovely little girls!!

Changed, your babies are so adorable.. My Coca (mixed jack-russell) is not quite potty trained neither, that's alot of time in itself. With the loving personality that I can't see, I believe your company will come to you. We are all here for ya! :heart:

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

Comment

Glass Half Empty;668157 wrote: Hi Changed 1

It sounds as though your weekend days are OK but it's just the nights that are hard to fill, is that right?

Have you ever tried any crafty type hobbies? Maybe scrapbooking or quilting? They both have groups and workshops you can join even as a beginner so you can do it yourself at home, but also get to meet more people with the same interest.

Do you like cooking? You could use the evenings to make food for the rest of the week so you have one less chore to do when you get home (if you work outside the home).

Or you could pamper yourself at home with a facial, pedicure etc.

If you're bored you can always join us on the weekend thread too.

I hope some of those suggestions help, even if they just prompt you to think of other things you've been interested in following up in the past.
                  Yes! All of these suggestions do help! It's just been so long since I've had to really think of what to do with myself, as I was always drinking. I would like to learn some crafty type stuff and I do like to cook, but right now I am filling every inch of space I have with Healthy Choice frozen dinners (I'm on a diet). At any rate, I'll bookmark this thread for next weekend!
                  ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

The New Me;668164 wrote: Hi changed

It is Saturday night and I have no plans. Cooked a fabulous fish dish, ate, washed up and is only 9:00...
                    Well, I am a book worm, so I read and read, until I am unsure if I live in a real world, or in a book world. I believe opportunties to reconnect with the world will present themself when I am ready
                    . For now, it is me, books and two adroable, loving kitties
                    My point? - you are not alone!
                    I love your two cute little dogs!
                    Hi The New Me, sounds like you had a wonderful dinner! I spent the night looking through Cooking Light and Bon Appetit magazines ripping out recipes so I can go through the three stacks of magazines spanning 9 years to declutter my house. Books are always good too, but I find my concentration lacking. I bet your kitties are adorable and thanks re: my little girls. Oh, and thanks so much for sharing that nugget of wisdom I bolded above. It's a wonderful way to look at life and I really appreciate your sharing it.
                    ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Savannah;668181 wrote: Changed, your babies are so adorable.. My Coca (mixed jack-russell) is not quite potty trained neither, that's alot of time in itself. With the loving personality that I can't see, I believe your company will come to you. We are all here for ya! :heart:
                      Thanks, Savannah, you're too kind. It is something to potty train a dog, hah? With two pups, I never know who does what in the house so I can't point it out, as I don't know which one to point it out to. Give Coca a big hug for me!
                      ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Working...
                      X