I AM YOUR DISEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I AM YOUR DISEASE

I hate meetings, I hate higher power. I hate anyone who has a programme.
    To all who come in contact with me, I wish death and suffering.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am the disease of alcoholism, cunning, baffling, and powerful.

Ive killed millions, and i'm pleased. I love to catch you out with the element of surprise.
    I love pretending i'm your friend and lover. I have given you comfort, have I not ?

Wasn't I there when you were lonely ? when you wanted to die, didn't you call me ? I love to make you hurt - I make you so numb you can neither hurt nor cry.you can't feel anything at all.
    I will give you instant gratification, and all will ask of you is long-term suffering.

I've been there for you always, when things were going right in your life, you invited me. You said you didn't deserve these good things, and I was the only one who would agree with you.

Together we were able to destroy all good things in your life.

People don't take me seriously. they take strokes, heart attacks, and diabetes seriously. fools that they are, they don't know that without my help these things would not be possible.

I'm such a hated disease, and yet I don't come uninvited. You choose to have me.

So many have chosen me over reality and peace.
    more than you hate me; I hate all of you who have a 12 step programme. your programme, your meetings, your support,s , your communitties - all weaken me and I can't function in the manner I am accustomed to.

Now must lie here quietly. you don't see me, but I am growing bigger then ever. when you only exist, I may live. when you live I only exist.
    but I am here ... and until we meet again, if we ever meet again,
    I wish you death and suffering.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

I AM YOUR DISEASE

Whoa,

How true. Gave me tingles.

I hate my disease. I choose to live.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

Great post Mario...
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

Thanks Mario.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

And I hate you.

(Not mario of course. )

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

continuing of "I am your disease"

I am a disease that wants to take you out but i want you to take others out with you. I am the devil disguised in seductive clothes. i gave you everything at the beginning and i keep promising everything again if you do it one more time. Im secretly hoping that during that one more time you take out one more person or better yet a whole family. im going to strip you of your dignity so you need me, im going to strip you of your family so you need me, im going to strip you of your friendships so you need me. you need me. i am your disease. i am alcoholism

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

Mario and Cacky,

The frightening truth. But the truth.

Thank you. I will read this a hundred times.

Mags
              Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

Powerful Mario

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

Very Powerful Mario Thanks for sharing it. I was so intrigued by this I had to google it and read more. Came across this book.

I Am Your Disease: The Many Faces of ... - Google Books

Overview:
                  "Mom, nobody wakes up one day and decides to be an addict." The stories contained in this book are about people from every walk of life, socioeconomic levels, religious and ethnic backgrounds whose lives were intertwined with people who didn't "decide to be an addict." They all share one common bond - living with, and loving an addicted person. Contained within the pages of this book are stories by bereaved parents who have suffered the ultimate loss: The loss of their precious child. Read how addiction, whether it be drugs, alcohol or gambling, destroys not only the addicted person, but their entire circle of friends and family. No one escapes the tentacles of addiction. Like an octopus it reaches its deadly arms around us and squeezes the very life out of all of us. Our society is affected in ways we never imagined. Read excerpts from middle school students on the peer pressures they face today. Read the stories of parents who have gone through hell, sacrificing their very sanity trying to save their child. The profiles of these children will change your mind about what kind of people do drugs. GOOD KIDS DO DRUGS TOO!

There is a great little story written just after the 'forward' written from the perspective of the disease of addiction talking to you about itself. I found it very powerful. It actually had me quite angry in parts when it talked of family; and kids especially. Got the old fighting spirit motivated again I can tell ya! Been procrastinating over my step 9 recently but this has really motivated me this evening reading the excerpts from this book. Thanks again Mario for posting.

Peace and Love
                  Phil
                  xx
                  "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                  Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

just to let you know hippie37,, Iam your disease was written by number
                    1198 anonymous
                    Illinois dept of corrections
                    Dwight woman,s prison
                    I know i am putting it mildly but she was sure in a reflective mood.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

Wow that was powerful! Hippie37....I love your end quote about seeking love. It is so true!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

thanks for sharing mario
                        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

Mario, thanks for that powerful post! Perhaps you should put that in the Tool Box. I will have to print that one out. And Hippie, thanks for that link!

Strength to all.
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

Great thread ... I keep coming back to re-read it ....
                            ?We are one another's angels?
                            Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

I AM YOUR DISEASE

well done mario.... Dwight w's prison or where ever, thanks for sharing. omw
                              Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Working...
                              X