Wednesday, September 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday, September 6th

Gabbs, I think you are a FABULOOSOOO Mayor. I love reading your posts when you pop in and out. And I love the idea of the first one to post gets a prize - I was up dead early today ... and STILL was too late - Gonna set my alarm for 3 in the morn or summat.
    And I love reading Mikes posts too - you have just an insight into 'how things are' and such an articulate way of putting them down on paper ( well computer screen )..

I think that every day everyone here on Abs gets stronger and stronger, and we are becoming more and more intertwined with each other lives- laughs, crys, hopes, struggles, rants etc... It's just THE BEST PLACE TO BE.

Gabbs, I think Lou has gone to get her barnet done today - she has had a busy week this wek that girl - good for her... she sounds like she's on the up and up.

Bought all my tiling stuff, but haven't got the energy to trawl it in from the car - bought some new wallpaper, and all grouty type things and tools and bits of long plasticy things that you put behind the tiles at the edges to make it look neat . You can tell this is going to be a real professional job !!!. hee hee .
    You'll be able to hear the profanities worldwide when i start 'my new project' !!!!

I think starting the topa has made me a bit knackered ( going to take it for a few weeks and see how it goes - (worried about that baby business, but also worried about starting the booze again )- or maybe it's cos I had just over 4 hours sleep - probably the latter.

Anyway going to flake out on the sofa for a bit with a cuppa !!!

Hugs to all :l

xxxx
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Wednesday, September 6th

Hi Irregular and Bambs,
      Lush, I've done that. More when I quit smoking. Woke up and thought sure I had smoked. Really had to check myself to see if I did or not. So happy with myself when I finally knew for sure it was my head messin with me. Actually I gotta admit. I like it when that stuff happens. And ya gotta ask yourself....humm, now what exactly just happened there? And your not exactly sure....so ya gotta like go baaaack over it in your head a time or two...if these things never happened how boring would your brain be? Its like little mini pop quizzes that just happen to ya during the day. Kinda spunks things up and adds some sparks in your brain. Wakes it up. Speakin of sparks....Bambi.....your gonna be havin a bunch of pop quizzes comin up on your end with all that grouty type things and long plastic type things that ya fit at the edge parts???? OH MY GOSH! I gotta hand it to ya! Brave one your are!
      And the topa does that to ya. A bit knackered as you say. Probably, that will go away. (darn) Even now tho for me I think it has a balancing effect on my moods which is good. Or at least cant hurt.

I know what you guys are sayin,

Can't hurt ...what is she talkin about? Balancing effect on a womans moods????? Why can't we put it in the water?

Alright...on that hit, I'm leaving now. Traveling so I won't be back till tonite. smiles, gabby
      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Wednesday, September 6th

Good morning Absville,

It IS still morning here! 11:20 am!!!!!!!!! I've been reading post and a bit of chat with Shas just before she got hauled off to bed by her hubby in OZ!!!!

Liz!!!!!!!!!!!! You go girlllll!! Your tile sounds beautiful and I'm envious of your talent! I've done wallpaper before, but not my "favorite " thing! Almost caused a divorce years ago! That and window tint!! LOL! I agree with Gabby......you sound like a "New" girl!!!!!!! Way to go!!:l

I also would like to mention........my hubby hasn't had a drink since Saturday! Not sure why.(I'm not saying a thing)
        It has been so hard to abs with him drinking beer and wine everyday! I have been sharing how much better I sleep with him. He has sleep apena and snores like a train! Keep your fingers crossed!

Mike, you are so right about being a prisoner! Did a study called "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore and it sure hits the nail on the head. We have to learn how to get that prison door open and repaper(Lies) our "cell" with new wallpaper(Truth). Has to do with reprograming our thought life. Did that make any sense to anybody? Hope so!

Congrats to all who are making progress. Life is a journey not a destination. All we can do is one step at a time. Don't be too hard on yourself if you trip and fall.Just reach out for a hand up and keep on trucking!
        Love, Nancy
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Wednesday, September 6th

Lo guys!!

Just a quickie to say hi...gosh iv been so busy today...have had my hair done too so i feel all lovely an pampered, but also had to visit poo alcohol clinic again today...how they honestly think they can help is beyond me... im doing much better with you guys. Anyways off for a nap now as i a bit sweepy, will be back later to post re doctors an stuff...Catch ya later guys x

Love as always

Lou-Lou

P.S...Bambs i got some cute baby pink tiles ala glitter!!! need putttin up here in my pink absville bathroom...lol!!! x x
          "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Wednesday, September 6th

WELL GIRL, I got all the tools , tile cutter, grout, adhesive, grout scrapey instrment - just pack em into my tool belt and along I come, and your tiles will be lovely and wonky - as I'm sure mine will be !!!

What with your new hair-do you have to have a pad that lives up to the image !!!!

But sparkly??? Hmmmm....

Next you'll be saying you have those pink fairy lights over your bedstead !!! :H
            ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Wednesday, September 6th

Lol!!!

How did you guess..im jus pinkness to a tee... sorry if that may seem slightly tackie but it makes me one v happpy gal x x x
              "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Wednesday, September 6th

Kathy, Gabby, CV, and everyone--
                I should be grading papers right now (I'm sitting at my desk at school), but I had to check in with you guys. Gabby, I love your posts. It sounds like you are going through a rough time, and you still manage to be a cheerleader for everyone else. Kathy, same goes for you. Your avatar always makes my smile. It is because of all of you that I have done the three weeks (plus a day, now) of abs. I have your encouragement and inspiration always in my heart, and I keep remembering that there are good people who share this space with me. CV, I can't imagine your ever eating pizza! I love you all. Happy Wednesday in our own new world!

Comment

Wednesday, September 6th

Just popped into say this "Irregular" is delighted to labeled as such and is still on the abs train.

Comment

Wednesday, September 6th

Glad you're still with us, Lucky!

Just fought through a nasty craving. Used the delay method -- Told myself, "I'm going to go home, check out the Board, take a quick nap, do some dishes, and if I still want a drink, then maybe I'll have one. Chances are, by then I won't." Yikes.
                    "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Wednesday, September 6th

Hello everyone. It sounds like all are doing really great, although some are tired, but that is a really good sign in the early days of abs, believe it or not. The body detox's and it just drains you so rest and rejuvenate as best as you can! It gets better.

Someone mentioned the other day that they wished they could see all of the posts while they were responding and perhaps me that's a bit slow, but I realized if I scroll down on the page, I could see everything from that page and then, in "tiny" print, is says click here to see the whole thread so I test the "here" and it opens the thread in a new window so I can refer to it.

I am really amazed at all of the strength, caring and wisdom from all of you, especially Gabby, who's great at popping in with cheer things throughout the day, Kathy with her personal talk (Thank you!), Macks with his cheer, Bambs and Lou with their continued determination to keep going...it gets a bit easier each time you try again....

Nancy, congratulations on the "new" habits of hubby. It is much easier when the temptation is not around and it seems like subtle support.

Lush, Lucky, Sola, good on you all for popping in.

Pansy and Happy, I hope you are both feeling better soon and the tiredness goes away.

Brigid, you are a star so thank you for checking in and holding up the long time absville lantern for MWO.

As for me, still on the cleanse, yeah, so still abs, but had to modify the cleanse abit because I woke to 18 emails from overseas with crisis to manage, so decided not to do the every 1 1/2 hours regimen today, which is allowed since I'm in the first week...lol (see how good I am at justifying). Anyway, I did pop in a couple of times and you saved me from breaking the cleanse or just chucking it because work wouldn't quit, but I'm here, survived the vodka, survived the sesame chicken and fried rice and stuck with my peas, etc. So, so far so good...Just 25 more days to go on raw food, water, bentonite, psyllium...oh yum...and the herbs...

Yes, fsophia, I can really get into pizza...but I did find an excellent recipe for a low fat on plan thing from Michael Thurmond's six week body makeover. The recipe was odd with oat flour and eggs for the dough, grilled veggies and home made turkey breast sausage, but it was really good when I added all of the herbs to the tomato paste..

Anyway, I've run on too long and Gabby, I'll try for the early bird prize because you've really piqued my curiousity...:l

Enjoy your day and night and sleep all.

cv....out:thanks:

Comment

Wednesday, September 6th

Hey Mike...........hold on......help is on the way!!!
                        What do you have in the house to drink?
                        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Wednesday, September 6th

Good Evening All Absters,
                          Been a while since I have posted and fell of the wagon train for a few days but I'm back and will post faithfully now as really need the accountability.
                          I have so enjoyed reading all your posts, especially regarding friends,friendship and our relationship with alcohol. So many of my friends and friendships have been formed through a backdrop of wine.Sounds so "innocent" for a bunch of gals to get together for a "glass" of wine.Recently I have suggested meeting at Starbucks during the day saying that I had other obligations at night. My suggestion was met with little enthusiasm. So,I'll probably retreat for a little while and just stay home at night.I have not been very successful in abstaining while participating in night after night of social events. I can get through one of two but by the third my resolve has been chipped away and I'll order some wine. I guess it come down to the fact that if we want to remain sober we have to make it a priority.
                          Having said all that....I'm only on day 3 here and really had to struggle not to open a bottle sitting here all by myself. I shall read a few more of your inspirational posts and go to bed early(I just got Betty
                          Ford's book called "Awakenings" form the library.It's about her struggle with alcohol and drug addiction;all in the public eye).
                          Have a good evening all . See you all sober in the morning!!
                          Janet

Comment

Wednesday, September 6th

Quiet day for me today.. so I popped back in here. Gabby, cant believe I won a prize for posting in the afternoon.. how cool is that... Super Deluxe Travel Motor Home.. whatever that is!!!! but I like the term Super and Deluxe... hope it has a king bed and a mini fridge with tonic water in it with lime slices!!!

Isnt this all about perception? We perceive that we want a drink.. when we KNOW THAT WE DONT. We perceive that we are not worth it when WE KNOW THAT WE ARE. We know it cant stop at one drink but we torment our minds. Now why on earth would we do that?

Why cant we just take it as it is. We have a programming problem of perception in our brain. No tablet will cure this.. some may help, but the cure comes from within doing the straight talking (like your friend Kathy) and the straight thinking.. and being HONEST with ourselves.

When I'm honest with myself I have to come to grips with the reality that I AM WORTH IT and because I am worth it I must respond to the straight talking and do whatever it takes to help me, even if its hard work. I certainly dont want to be someone that people say "poor Brigid, she should have done something about that" I want to be able to fulful my potential and I cant do that if I'm drunk or hungover.

My life has turned around since I became sober. I've found out things within myself that I never knew were there. Jeepers, I'm ok. The thought of celebrating this journey of mine with alcohol is not on my mind at all... I used to torment myself with the thought that I could 'go there' at some time in the future, but now I dont think that at all. Alcohol and my relationship with it, was ruining my life.. and I have promised myself that I will never forget that fact and I come here to remind myself of it as often as I can. I really DONT want it in my life ever... because if its in my life, I know what that means for me.

Brigid

Comment

Wednesday, September 6th

Popped in to read all of your posts this evening. Don't feel like it would be a proper evening without checking in with all my fellow Absville pals before heading to bed. You all have such wonderful insights. Wow. I am dead tired after a long day, so won't take time to respond tonight, but want to thank you for sharing. It is amazing how much we are alike - in so many ways!
                              My daughter's last evening at home - after 20 years.
                              Still ABs. Amazing. This is the first time I have gone through a major transition without my trusty wine bottle buddy. I have my MWO and Absville buds to thank for that!
                              Thanks all and good night!
                              Jenn

Comment

Wednesday, September 6th

Well, I've made it through my craving, thank God. I had gotten off work early to go for a quick check-in at the oral surgeon's (I'm healing nicely thank you). The thought occurred to me that it would be nice to have a vodka and cranberry while sitting on the balcony enjoying the beautiful fall weather, maybe talking on the phone or just reading a book. It really gripped me pretty hard. That's when I decided I would delay giving in to the urge until after I had come home, taken a nap, read the Board, etc. (The dishes still aren't done!) It also helped to know that I am going through this with all of you. And -- whaddaya know -- the urge is gone! I'm sitting here THOROUGHLY enjoying a cup of tea and I'm so glad I didn't stop at the liquor shop...

Nancy, I don't have any liquor in the house. I finished it all up before going abs! I have milk, tea, coffee, and of course water. I usually have fruit juice too but it's all gone. So giving in to temptation requires at least some effort. Of course I have walked to the store at 30 below zero to get that second bottle in the past, but that's not the frame of mind I'm in now....

Brigid, I can SO relate to what you said about not wanting something, but wanting it at the same time. It's the nature of this beast. It's encouraging to think that, with time, the new pathways in the brain will start to get stronger and the old ones will hopefully become a bit weaker.

Liz, how's the tile work going? Macks -- what's up?

OK well I guess I should go for now. Maybe I'll finally get the dishes done. I swear, the next place I move into is going to have a dishwasher.
                                "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Working...
                                X